Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Oh deery me, stags!

Options
  • 27-10-2008 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭

Bold as brass and they let me come real close, RIGHT outside my house!

Two stags:

p911103.jpg
    p911104.jpg
    p911105.jpg

I was mighty impressed how close I could get before they took off! Very elegant animals, my donkey wasn't impressed but the horses didn't mind. Broad daylight at about 3ish! And even when they spotted me and I was real close, they were in no great hurry just ambled down the field and hopped over the fence.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

wow, they are beautiful boys! I wonder why they were so tame? all you usually hear is bushes rattling as they run off :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭John Griffin

They are Fallow Bucks, they are rutting (mating) or post rut depending on where you are at the moment. They basically don't give a sh*t. Other things on their mind. If they are rutting it's females, if they are post rut it's nutritious food. If you are in the Ballygar/ Creggs area as i suspect, then they are post rut. The first one is a fine example of a buck, hopefully he will see a few more seasons.

This thread should be moved to Nature and Birdwatching.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Morganna

great pics Egar i took this fellow in the summer002-7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭MissyN

Morganna thats such a cool photo !!! He looks gorgeous. How close did you get to him ?? The look on his face is comical. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

I know they are Fallows and I know they are rutting (buggers roar behind the house at night and set off the dogs). I am not in the area you mentioned but I've got lots of deer here, I love watching them, they are amazing animals :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

I was expecting them to be much bigger for some reason, pretty cool all the same.

Advertisement