Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recommended Movies on TV

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

One of the best movies ever imo.
    One of the worst imo.

One of the worst imo.

I wouldn't go that far but did think it was overrated. Still a decent watch

any good films on later.

Dan in real life BBC1 at 23.45 (never seen it) maybe

The Boxer on ITV4 at 23.00

Not much on.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭jupiterjack

cheers thanks for suggestion, will record shutter island and dan in real life, watched half of mystic river last night so will watch the rest now.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,842 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Shutter Island is on RTE 1 now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Shutter Island is on RTE 1 now

If you missed the start it is also available on RTÉ 1 +1 at 10:30.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,081 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Confessions - a highly unusual and clever thriller - is on FilmFour on Saturday night. If you haven't seen it, do, because it's fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,956 ✭✭✭✭bnt

UTV, 11:40PM: Bonnie & Clyde. Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway in a classic.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Rush Hour 3 CH4 21.45

Cliffhanger RTE2 22.25 (yeah, haven't seen it in years)

Uncle Buck TV3 23.55:):)

no decent clip

INNERSPACE ITV2 Midnight :D:D (Llisten to the first 9 secs, nostalgicy...Tuck Pendelton, don't have names like that anymore)

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭OldeCinemaSoz

CLIFFHANGER just starting now on 2.

Uncut and in HD and FREE TO AIR!!!

:eek:;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

ITS SO EXCITING!

CLIFFHANGER just starting now on 2.

Uncut and in HD and FREE TO AIR!!!

:eek:;)
    Delayed for the Socca, loike, who watches that crap.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Kamjana

Young Guns is on TV3 tonight @21:00 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭SVG

Meek's Cutoff is on Film4 tonight at 12.20am.

Surrogates BBC1 23.45 (Bruce Willis)

RocknRolla TG4 23.35 (worth watching for the Russian(?) fight scene near the end, if nothing else)

If you'd like a dose of culture on Saturday, try the 2004 version of Shakespeare's The Merchant of Venice, with Jospeh Fiennes, Jeremy Irons, and Al Pacino as Shylock. BBC2, 1:45PM.

Alternatively: UTV, 3:30PM: Goldfinger, one of the best James Bond films. Apparently, some people haven't seen this.

Later on Saturday night, a couple of good choices around 9PM:
    - The Godfather Part III (RTE2), which is definitely worth a watch if you haven't seen it yet.
    - Blazing Saddles (ITV4): Mel Brooks' brilliant Western spoof.
    - The Peacemaker (TG4) - solid nuclear thriller with George Clooney and Nicole Kidman; notable also as the first film made by Dreamworks SKG.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,842 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead on TV3 tonight at 10.15

I think Jane By Design has a similar theme, surprised it is not considered a remake.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane_by_Design

But...Barb Wire is on at 23.05 on UTV.

The Road BBC2 22.30

The One TV3 23.10

A History Of Violence CH4 23.35

• Advertisement

Later Sunday night: Get Carter (1971) on RTE1, 12:35am. The original with Michael Caine at his best.
    Monday night: Empire Records, Ch4 01:55am.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,036 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

For people who've seen both which is better, The Road or History of Violence, deciding which to watch tonight, have heard good things about The Road and not much about History of Violence...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

Liam O wrote: »
    For people who've seen both which is better, The Road or History of Violence, deciding which to watch tonight, have heard good things about The Road and not much about History of Violence...

I'd go for A History of Violence. A bit silly in parts but fairly entertaining. The Road is quite depressing. :)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »
    I'd go for A History of Violence. A bit silly in parts but fairly entertaining. The Road is quite depressing. :)
    +1 for History of V

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Quirk_Douglas

I missed Of Human Bondage (1934) starring Bette Davis on a Friday night on RTE1 a few weeks back, needless to say I was much aggrieved.

I've checked their schedule on every weekend night since then in hopes that it would be replayed, with no success. Do RTE ever replay any of the movies which they screen late at night? Most channels seem to, and since RTE have no +1 channel, it seems that if you miss it the first time, there's your chance gone.

My grief stems from the fact that I had been hoping to see that movie for a long time, then while flicking through the channels one night, there it was, but typically already half over. I also missed Love Me or Leave Me (1955) starring James Cagney and Doris Day on More4 a couple of weeks later which aggrieved me further.

I usually only check through the Sky movies channels and Information TV channels for any upcoming movies, hence my missing the two aforementioned movies.

Here's a few that I have set on reminder for the next few days;

This Happy Breed (David Lean directed, Noel Coward story) - Film 4, 4:45pm, Tues 29th
    Call Northside 777 (Film noir with James Stewart) - Film 4, 12:35pm Wednesday 30th
    Backfire (Film noir with Virginia Mayo) - TCM, 9:25am, Thursday 31st
    Grapes of Wrath (Henry Fonda) - TCM, 4:50pm, Thursday 31st

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

I missed Of Human Bondage (1934) starring Bette Davis on a Friday night on RTE1 a few weeks back, needless to say I was much aggrieved.

I've checked their schedule on every weekend night since then in hopes that it would be replayed, with no success. Do RTE ever replay any of the movies which they screen late at night? Most channels seem to, and since RTE have no +1 channel, it seems that if you miss it the first time, there's your chance gone.

M

There is actually a RTÉ+1. I doubt it'll be repeated any time soon though.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »
    There is actually a RTÉ+1. I doubt it'll be repeated any time soon though.

Tends to go off the air at 1am, after the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Alien is on ch4 at 11.05pm tonight.

Return of The King is on it now.

Demolition Man UTV now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

I'm watching Species, it's classy! :D (Sky 1)

Advertisement