Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Did two flights of very steep stairs today to get the auld blood pumpin'. I'm debating on whether to take the mutt out for a jaunt in a few minutes. I know it'll do me good but my hip is killing me at the moment (combination of old injury and excess weight straining the joint) and my MP3 player is about to kick the bucket. I hate walking without music but I guess I'll just suck it up for now.
    Haven't eaten anything "naughty" today as I made a conscious effort to stick to three meals a day. I snacked on some strawberries earlier and I've got a pulnett of seedless grapes if the munchies hit later.
    Taking stuff one day at a time. Incidently, I was clearing the crap build up on my windowsilll and I found this book. Apparently I bought it months ago and never got around to reading it. I'm skeptical about self hypnosis and these kind of gimmicky self-help books but I'd give it a shot anyways. Can't hurt to try, right? :)
    The mother is hoping to start SW with me next Monday so I have support in her company. I'm a bit apprehensive but it's a starting point and hopefully by next April I'll hit my target of shifting two stone. I have a valid motivator- I'm due to attend my aunt's wedding next year and I'd like to at least be in with a shot of one of the bridegrooms. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Good god, Noah is an awful film.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

If your looking for something good to go to see the Raid 2 before it leaves the cinema just brilliant

If your looking for something good to go to see the Raid 2 before it leaves the cinema just brilliant

It wasn't on in my local cinema, but I'll have a look for it :) thanks :) seen nearly everything that's out :o

It wasn't on in my local cinema, but I'll have a look for it :) thanks :) seen nearly everything that's out :o

It's out in most cinemas in Dublin but if you want a different and nice cinematic experience go see it in the lighthouse cinema you can have a craft beer while enjoying the film just perfect.

• Advertisement

It's out in most cinemas in Dublin but if you want a different and nice cinematic experience go see it in the lighthouse cinema you can have a craft beer while enjoying the film just perfect.

Not a hope of me getting to a cinema while my mam is in hospital, but that sounds like a good way to spend an evening after work :) thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Did you have to walk into the cinema two by two?

dinorebel wrote: »
    Did you have to walk into the cinema two by two?

It was so bad, we were walking out two by two, halfway through

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I've only ever left a cinema early once, for Meet the Spartans that my friends dragged me to. My word was that film terrible.

I saw Calvary today. It was excellent and surprisingly darker than I expected. If Brendan Gleeson is in a movie, it's usually a good watch.
    Still can't get over the notion of Mad Eye Moody calling Voldemort a ****, though. :pac:

• Advertisement

My mam's tests have all come back clear so far. Better than clear, actually. She had 5 nodules on her lungs that they've been monitoring for the last while in case they turned cancerous. Nodules have disappeared :D she had an angiogram, which was clear, too. Few more tests and if they're clear, she'll be home tonight or in the morning :D

Absolutely seething right now. Never realized just how low my father could sink to. Ugh. Need to punch something. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

My mam's tests have all come back clear so far. Better than clear, actually. She had 5 nodules on her lungs that they've been monitoring for the last while in case they turned cancerous. Nodules have disappeared :D she had an angiogram, which was clear, too. Few more tests and if they're clear, she'll be home tonight or in the morning :D

I'm delighted for ye!!! Glad she is doing well!
    McChubbin wrote: »
    Absolutely seething right now. Never realized just how low my father could sink to. Ugh. Need to punch something. :mad:

Are you okay??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Howdy folks, still plenty of chat going on in here I see :)

GS, hope your mum is okay xx

New job and new house has me pulled away from here. Working loads of hours and no internet (yet) in the new pad. LOVE my new job, even got a voucher after 3wks praising my customer service. Nice to be appreciated compared to the last hellhole!! Dog is loving the house too......has started couch surfing when I'm at work the cheeky mare. But that's my only complaint. Neighbours have praised how quiet she is :) they thought their daughter was lying that I had a dog :pac:

Any fun in here? Too many pages to read back on. Someone catch me up :)

Whoa, you're alive! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Indeed, time flies when you're having fun ;)

Finally feeling settled in the house been a hectic three days im hattered between training and and moving two van loads today, and nearly everything packed away :).

Dinner is in the slow cooker pulled pork with baked sweet potato and beers chilling (non alcoholic for Kopperberg herself:P) in the fridge time to relax kick back and were having a Turtles night trilogy is out and ready to go :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Howdy all. Well, been a busy few days...I ordered the plastics for my bike from Hong Kong and after 5 long weeks (ish) I finally got it on Wednesday. So I spent Wednesday evening, Thursday and Friday rebuilding the bike. As it wasn't genuine parts, it was a bit more difficult to put on. But after a lot of f**king and blinding and blasting (and almost walking away a few times) I finally got her finished. 18 months later, I have my baby back. Pics below of the before, the stripdown and the finished product...

This is my beast about 2 years ago...

304614.jpg

This is the day after the accident. The whole right side was ripped off, along with the nose and cables and lights etc..

304615.jpg

This is her fully stripped, I needed to assess what other damage there was before I started to rebuild. The headlight I had to get from the States, the footpeg, brake lever and cables I got in Tullamore and the plastics came from Hong Kong as stated...

304616.jpg

And this is her yesterday, about 99% complete. New light, cables, pegs and plastics are on. I just need a thermostat switch and front indicators...but this is my baby reborn. Had to take her for a rip yesterday and she sounds savage with the modified exhaust system!! :D

304617.jpg

I just need to sort out the tax next week as she's been declared off the road under the new regulations and transfer the insurance from the GF's bike back to this and give her her bike back. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

It's so beautiful.

Ooh, we're close to the end of the thread! the boards hamsters are starting to go mad. :D

• Advertisement

PKM, that bike looks savage!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Howdy folks,
    haven't been on here much lately been absolutely swamped at work and with training!!
    Big Day today!! Playing in the Semi-Final of the Munster Plate today with the rugby and then the Munster match!!
    hope every one is enjoying their weekend :D

Good luck gregers :)

I am fed up of being pregnant. Seriously fed up. 1 week over due today.

I hope toulon win. They probably will tbh.

January, are you eating pineapple and curry and all that crap? Will they induce you soon, as you're a week over?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

A cousin of mine has been induced for all three of her pregnancies I think! I think recommended induction varies quite a lot from woman to woman but generally hospitals try to avoid going over 42 weeks.

I'd imagine getting induced is pretty terrifying especially if it were your first pregnancy :p Exciting kind of, but the lying there in the hospital all night "any minute now... any minute" :pac:

I hope toulon win. They probably will tbh.

January, are you eating pineapple and curry and all that crap? Will they induce you soon, as you're a week over?

Have literally tried everything except castor oil and I won't be doing that again after the first time...

If I go into the hospital for my appointment tomorrow and they can't break my waters I'll be booked in for c section. They cannot use the induction drugs on me because I had a c section on my first and the drugs increase the risk of uterine rupture.

The Rotunda's policy for being overdue is they won't let you go over 10 days, I'm 7 days over now so nearing the end just really fed up. I went naturally on my other two at one day over and erm... probably a day or so over... (I didn't have proper dates), so being this overdue is new to me! Lazy boys.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

What happened with castor oil the first time?

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

January wrote: »

I am fed up of being pregnant. Seriously fed up. 1 week over due today.

Yeah I know that one. Not personally obviously, but I've kinda been through it. Best of luck and please keep us posted.

Angron wrote: »
    What happened with castor oil the first time?

Gave me the runs, broke my waters but didn't put me into labour so needed to be induced and the baby went into distress and ended up needed an emergency c section under general anaesthetic.

• Advertisement

Won't have time for a proper dinner tonight so got a big roll for lunch.

So. Fcuking. Full.

Ugh. Slap a 'wide load' sticker on my arse and roll me home.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement