Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

http://i.imgur.com/HyUv5Z7.jpg

I love the unevenly dilated eyes on the cat. Makes it look really tripped out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭ArtyM

I love the unevenly dilated eyes on the cat. Makes it look really tripped out!

Yeah, it does look like they are trippin balls.
    Have to wonder what exactly they dosed them with to get them that stoned cause, based on these ingredients,it wasn't from the product itself.

z3Np31P.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭ArtyM

Anyone explain the joke here?

bz-panel-04-18-14.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

There's a famous painting called American Gothic

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

BgYVxMtCYAEO-x6.jpg:large

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Helpneeded86

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Holes in cheeks and tongue.

What would possess someone to do that? :eek:

How the feck would he manage to eat without it all spilling out everywhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    What would possess someone to do that? :eek:

How the feck would he manage to eat without it all spilling out everywhere?

No more milkshakes for them

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

On the plus side, tooth brushing and flossing becomes easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

is that amount of need for attention not considered some sort of mental ilness (regarding hole in face guy)?

• Advertisement

is that amount of need for attention not considered some sort of mental ilness (regarding hole in face guy)?
    I can't ever imagine him working as a salesman! but I can imagine that in a few years time he'll regret it while looking for a plastic surgeon who can "fill pot holes"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

French Tank the Americans wanted

Who is supposed to appear worse here?

I read it that the Americans are too stupid to convert mm to inches, and ditched something that they seemingly wanted because they were so stupid. But the strip seems to imply the French are the daft ones.. :confused:

EDIT - maybe ignore me, I was out for a friend going home after easter, and had a few too many....

Allyall wrote: »
    Who is supposed to appear worse here?

I read it that the Americans are too stupid to convert mm to inches, and ditched something that they seemingly wanted because they were so stupid. But the strip seems to imply the French are the daft ones.. :confused:

EDIT - maybe ignore me, I was out for a friend going home after easter, and had a few too many....
    I'm still confused? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

^^

America got gifted the plans of a tank they wanted to build, but as it was in metric and not imperial they passed rather than convert the measurements. That's how it seemed to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I'm still confused? :confused:

Believe it or not, I have no idea what way I was looking at that the other night. :o

I read over it, and it makes no sense to me. A bit of green snuck in with the drinks..

Allyall wrote: »
    Believe it or not, I have no idea what way I was looking at that the other night. :o

I read over it, and it makes no sense to me. A bit of green snuck in with the drinks..
    Neither side was willing to do the conversion, there have been several "incidents" caused by incorrect conversions or no conversion at all.

Like on "The Apprentice" when a flag that should have been 6' x 4' ended up 60cm x 40cm. :D

^^

America got gifted the plans of a tank they wanted to build, but as it was in metric and not imperial they passed rather than convert the measurements. That's how it seemed to me.
    Really? I thought that was it but couldn't believe it and was looking for something more subtle that went over my head.

What a bunch of dipsh!ts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Really? I thought that was it but couldn't believe it and was looking for something more subtle that went over my head.

It's not really as easy as simply converting measurements. All their tools and machinery to be used to create the tanks were in imperial also.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,469 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

not really, they ended up producing one of the best tanks of the war anyway and the French were only noted for having useless **** tanks so no real loss to the US.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

whats the story with the election poster?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

http://articles.latimes.com/1999/oct/01/news/mn-17288

NASA lost its $125-million Mars Climate Orbiter because spacecraft engineers failed to convert from English to metric measurements when exchanging vital data before the craft was launched, space agency officials said Thursday.

A navigation team at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory used the metric system of millimeters and meters in its calculations, while Lockheed Martin Astronautics in Denver, which designed and built the spacecraft, provided crucial acceleration data in the English system of inches, feet and pounds.

As a result, JPL engineers mistook acceleration readings measured in English units of pound-seconds for a metric measure of force called newton-seconds.

In a sense, the spacecraft was lost in translation.

Apparently the craft was doing about 17,000 mph when it hit the planet it thought was still a few thousands miles away.
    "That is so dumb," said John Logsdon, director of George Washington University's space policy institute. "There seems to have emerged over the past couple of years a systematic problem in the space community of insufficient attention to detail."

• Registered Users Posts: 24,469 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

LOL, trying to blame "English" units even thought the US uses imperial and the UK doesn't by default. Even US imperial differs from UK Imperial for some measures.

Gokei wrote: »
    whats the story with the election erection poster?
    fyp! ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,292 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

It is not just an American issue. The metric system has been taught here for 30 years or so yet I still find people my age who cannot convert from miles to kilometres or stones to kilogrammes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

fyp! ;)

I still don't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Neither side was willing to do the conversion, there have been several "incidents" caused by incorrect conversions or no conversion at all.

Like on "The Apprentice" when a flag that should have been 6' x 4' ended up 60cm x 40cm. :D
    5k6wbn.jpg

Not an imperial/metric conversion issue, but had to be posted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

"I don't think the problem was that the band was off tonight. I think the problem was that we had a stonehenge monument that was in danger of being trampled by a dwarf."

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

That has to get post of the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

[video of oriental kid with BB gun]

darwin award?

Is he still alive?

Yes?

Then he's ineligible for a Darwin Award.*

*: Unless he somehow managed to give himself a vasectomy while he was at it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement