Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query about coming back to college

• 19-04-2014 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi everyone,

So January 2013 I had to drop out of college due to illness, I was repeat attending at the time and only had about 4 months to go which sucked that I had to go in all honesty, I never made it aware to the college that it was due to illness I was dropping out, in hindsight I probably should have but I dont know if that actually makes a difference.

But my question is how do I go about registering again to finish off the few modules I have to repeat just wondering if anyone was in a similar boat and knows what I do or who I should contact.

I was going to go back January 2015 because they are second semester modules but I wonder if I acted soon enough could I try them in august repeats either,

If anyone has any helpful info it would be much appreciated,

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Media999

Ring the college admissions ASAP. Shame if you missed the deadline by a day. Theyll advise you what to do either way.

Are you saying your just gonna do the end of Semester 2 exams and hopefully pass even though you missed 4 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭invara

Contact your course director, whose name should be available on the WIT website. If an aspect of your illness meant that you were not in a position to make the Institute aware of your illness, it might be possible to have a medical certificate considered for a deferral. Even if this is not the case, contact the course director- you are entitled to a second chance but their might be a fee associated with repeating exam only, or repeating in full. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JamesGateway

Media999 wrote: »
    Ring the college admissions ASAP. Shame if you missed the deadline by a day. Theyll advise you what to do either way.

Are you saying your just gonna do the end of Semester 2 exams and hopefully pass even though you missed 4 months?

No I only have 3 modules to do I did them before but I was repeating when I got an illness and had to de-register

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JamesGateway

invara wrote: »
    Contact your course director, whose name should be available on the WIT website. If an aspect of your illness meant that you were not in a position to make the Institute aware of your illness, it might be possible to have a medical certificate considered for a deferral. Even if this is not the case, contact the course director- you are entitled to a second chance but their might be a fee associated with repeating exam only, or repeating in full. Good luck.

Oh I was told by my course leader I am more than welcome to come back to the course that is not an issue at all im just not sure of the protocol as of how to do so, Yes I am expecting to have to pay a fee I knew that upon leaving also.

I guess the best thing to do would be to email her as I have her in my contacts from before,

Thanks for the help

Advertisement