Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

English Studies or PPES in TCD?

• 19-04-2014 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hey Boards. Stuck for which one I want. Have points for both so I should be fine, it's just picking which one. I like both courses a lot for different reasons. If anyone could share opinions on their experiences/potential job prospects etc. that would be great. tnx bordz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Job prospects would probably (almost definitely, really) be better from PPES. I know students in both, nobody dislikes either.

However, several English students I know are unhappy with the lack of contact hours in sophister years, from a value for money perspective they didn't feel it was enough.

Both are very different subjects though, I find it strange that you're stuck between those two specifically.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Both are very different subjects though, I find it strange that you're stuck between those two specifically.

I don't find having varied interests strange at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Ravelleman wrote: »
    I don't find having varied interests strange at all.
    What a condescending answer. Grow up, please.

In case you're serious:
    But why PPES and English, thus leaving out:
    Economics & Philosophy TSM
    Political Science & Philosophy TSM
    BESS
    Philosophy & Sociology TSM
    English TSM (not sure which combinations are possible)
    Various other TSM combinations

all of which would fall within the OPs interest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Political Science & Philosophy TSM

Just to say for clarity; this course has been discontinued.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭bonerjams03

I think they're trying to streamline PPES as the 'flagship' of what was that loose set of TSMs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement