Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie thread / introduce yourself here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

Teasing basterd :P.

Haha :D well if I have to wait 3 months so do you :p

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Sandrutute

Hey !
    I'll introduce my self :D
    My name is Sandra , Well i'm in love with Body Mod , But my BF is opposite! so i have only ! tattoo, Pierced Belly, Nose , And 8 holes in my ears :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Beccadaisy

Helloooo there,
    I'm Becca, I've just got my nose pierced and a couple of piercings in my ears, but I'm currently planning my first tattoo and have been looking around for a good few months, thought maybe this would help me find an artist that will suit me. I've been looking at loads of portfolios and stuff but I think I need the advice of people who can actually tell me their own experience with their artist, might help me choose one. I'm in Dublin, so I would prefer to have an artist here, but I don't mind travelling to another county for a good artist.

Cheeeers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Beccadaisy wrote: »
    Helloooo there,
    I'm Becca, I've just got my nose pierced and a couple of piercings in my ears, but I'm currently planning my first tattoo and have been looking around for a good few months, thought maybe this would help me find an artist that will suit me. I've been looking at loads of portfolios and stuff but I think I need the advice of people who can actually tell me their own experience with their artist, might help me choose one. I'm in Dublin, so I would prefer to have an artist here, but I don't mind travelling to another county for a good artist.

Cheeeers :)

Hiya, and welcome! :)

Start a thread, telling us an idea of what you want. We can recommend people for most styles in Dublin. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Beccadaisy

Hiya, and welcome! :)

Start a thread, telling us an idea of what you want. We can recommend people for most styles in Dublin. :)

Will do! Cheers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Welcome Becca. Hope to see you post regular.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Hi folks.
    I'm Cian,a 25 year old PhD student from Galway. Have 4 tattoos but haven't had piercings in years.
    Other interests: motorbikes, video games, history, books and Guinness.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Welcome back! You're 25 now? I feel old! D:

I've only just turned 25 if that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Lockstep wrote: »
    Hi folks.
    I'm Cian,a 25 year old PhD student from Galway. Have 4 tattoos but haven't had piercings in years.
    Other interests: motorbikes, video games, history, books and Guinness.

I like you already!! :pac:

Pffft, not as old as I felt at the Avatar gig last week...jeez, the current generation are baby-faced small people!! I got some pretty weird looks. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

P.K.M. wrote: »
    jeez, the current generation are baby-faced small people!! I got some pretty weird looks. :(

Oi, I resemble that comment!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

Hi guys. Joined forum to find a tattooist. I know what I want but don't know how to go about it and I'm looking for a guy/gal to design my idea. I've spent about 3 yrs figuring out in my head what I want (which is a place I don't even like being ;-) ) never being to a studio as I don't wanna waste anybody's time. My biggest fear is getting someone to design my idea and for there design not to meet my idea and to have to tell them so. Be it my fault in communicating or there in ability to design. Live in mayo but have no problems travelling to meet the right person. Thks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

MorganIRL wrote: »
    Hi guys. Joined forum to find a tattooist. I know what I want but don't know how to go about it and I'm looking for a guy/gal to design my idea. I've spent about 3 yrs figuring out in my head what I want (which is a place I don't even like being ;-) ) never being to a studio as I don't wanna waste anybody's time. My biggest fear is getting someone to design my idea and for there design not to meet my idea and to have to tell them so. Be it my fault in communicating or there in ability to design. Live in mayo but have no problems travelling to meet the right person. Thks

You won't be wasting anybody's time. Some studios even have certain times set aside where they won't be tattooing and just there for consultations. Being in Mayo you have a few good studios around you. Fat Cat in Sligo and AWOL in Galway being my recommendations. So maybe get in contact with them, both studios have a great presence on Facebook and are easy to get in contact with on there, and you can work out a time that would suit both you and them to have a pop in and go over any ideas. And if you don't like what they sketch up for you, don't worry, they will be happy to sketch again until you are ready to go. That's what your deposit is for ;)

Good luck.

Adiboo wrote: »
    You won't be wasting anybody's time. Some studios even have certain times set aside where they won't be tattooing and just there for consultations. Being in Mayo you have a few good studios around you. Fat Cat in Sligo and AWOL in Galway being my recommendations. So maybe get in contact with them, both studios have a great presence on Facebook and are easy to get in contact with on there, and you can work out a time that would suit both you and them to have a pop in and go over any ideas. And if you don't like what they sketch up for you, don't worry, they will be happy to sketch again until you are ready to go. That's what your deposit is for ;)

Good luck.

+1 for AWOL, great place.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

No offence to anyone recommending certain studios but in my opinion it's always good to hear the piece someone has in mind for the tattoo before recommending an artist or studio imo.

Unless it's a generic piece that most studio can do it could be a piece that is specific to a certain artists style that it would fit better. Fat Cat and AWOL do put out some brilliant work imo but it just mightn't fit any of there profiles :o.

So MorganIRL what is the piece you have in mind then people will be able to give you more specific recommendations on what artists profiles to look at?

Knowing my luck it will now be a generic piece that will fit any studio :pac::o.

Prob sounds weird but I prefer not to go into to much detail online as I don't want anyone to take the idea and make it generic. But simply it's a human heart with certain details on it which will morph into a biomech shoulder piece. It's a tattooist with biomech experience and good imagination is who I'm looking for because to draw what's in my head will req it 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Tomash in hydraulix would be my number one pick for that.

Thks Orim. His stuff looks like what I'm thinking about

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Thks Orim. His stuff looks like what I'm thinking about

Make sure to come back and show us a picture when you get it done.

I will. Whenever I get my arse in gear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I will. Whenever I get my arse in gear

Just so your aware he has about a 4 month waiting list. So book now and get your Ass in gear while you wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Sooooo.... :p

Alisha, 26. One tattoo (not sure if you could call it a half sleeve, but starts at my wrist and continues just past my inner elbow. Had my ears, navel, and lip done (snakebites... twice!). Currently piercing free (our first little one due in 11 days :o ) but hoping to get a second tat in honour of reproducing once I get the figure back!
    Getting a lot of mixed reviews about getting work done when breastfeeding though, not sure how to take that!
    On a side note, just need to think of something that symbolises the birth of my daughter without actually advertising the fact (ie I would rather something that doesn't let everyone know what it means, so not her name!)
    My partner has 9 tats (yummy :p ), but neither of us have been to a good artist in a while (my first was finished about 3 years ago)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Welcome :)

Congrats on your little one, I'd say you're dying for the birth to hurry up and happen now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Figure I best introduce myself..

I'm Sinéad I'm 26 and I've roughly 23 tattoos. I am looking for a creative tattoo for my son and daughter. Plus a tattoist to go to (live in the Midlands) I was going to get my sons name when he was 4 months old but found out his sister was on her way so now that she's 2 and a half months old I really want to get cracking...
    I had 11 piercings between my ears and nose but only 4 remain. Also had my lip done but after 8 years took it out now all that remains is my tongue..
    My husband has 2 tattoos one of them was a traditional Mauy Thai hand poked tattoo which I really love..

So any suggestions on tattoo or tattooist please don't hesitate...

Oh and congrats on the up coming arrival shasha. The time will seriously fly by

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Zurn

I am Zurn from Germany, 39 years old and I have 10 tattoos at the moment. This year are still some on the schedule. :)
    Some are with a relation to Ireland, because I am a huge fan of Ireland.

I would like to post some...but I am not allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Hello folks :)

So I've wanted to get a tattoo for ages and ages, well like 2 years or so, maybe less :P But regardless of that, nothing ever popped out at me to get done. If I was to get a tattoo it would probably be fairly minimal/simplistic, pretty small and probably somewhere less likely to be seen, thinking below my collar bone on the left side or my foot...something like that.

I like the idea of getting a cool symbol but haven't really come across anything that would mean something to me. Also the obvious choice of getting a print tattoo, while probably over done I would like one, I kind of want to get "Get Behind Me Satan" When I first heard the phrase I took a way different meaning to it then the one commonly known :P

But anyways, I'm now going to actively seek out a tattoo idea, been looking at fonts and stuff. Think I'll sit with the Get Behind Me Satan idea and see how I feel about it in a few weeks!

/introduction

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭inchiuvatu

Hey all, just a quick intro, I'm have had 16 piercing, 9 left (due to work and being tired of losing the jewellery) have 3 tattoos that take up the top half of my back and touch on shoulders, neck and around to my chest about 20+ hours can't really remember. Looking forward to my next tattoo either full chest or stomach depending how I end up drawing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 amie91

Hello :)

I'm Amie, 23 (next week) no tattoos as of yet but have the same one picked about 2 years so just need to bottle up the courage and get going! 2 piercings (ears & nose) From Dublin, Love music & good food..

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Paulus34

My first day on here, it's very informative and helpful... Hope to meet some good folk on here..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Welcome to you all! Tis a great forum, any questions you have there is nearly always someone who can help!

Advertisement