Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking for a pup

Options
  • 14-10-2008 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭

Hi everyone, i hope to be a more frequent member of this forum once i find a little puppy to give a good home to! I was wondering if anyone has any contacts of either breeders or people looking to rehome a puppy. We hope to find something like a shi tzu or a Havanese...any toy breed really. We're trawling the net and have looked in pounds but to no avail..they're all too big. Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭BlackCat2008

I just pm you a new site for Ash it's not finished yet but there is a few small dogs there and you will have to double check with them as to weather or not they are still available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Meath Pound has quite a few smallies in, I believe :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭the glass woman

Thanks folks, i fell it love with a little pup on the meath pound website but unfortunatly for me, and fortunatly for her, she was adopted yesterday! Will keep looking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭ruben

Try Dogs In Distress or Dunboyne Dogs also.
    They often have smallies that they rescue from the Dunboyne pound.

Last Hope have a shih tzu x listed as being in the meath pound 087 9419866.
    Maybe that's the one you inquired about?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭the glass woman

ruben wrote: »

Last Hope have a shih tzu x listed as being in the meath pound 087 9419866.
    Maybe that's the one you inquired about?

Yep that was the one! She's found a good home already though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭littlemisspiggy

There is a male ****zu in Ashtown Pound - you could go up and put a booking on him. And also a 1year old tiny terrier - pic attached

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 fallout_girl

Hi

a friend of mine is looking to rehome a King Charles (app. 2 years old I believe) due to a family illness. If you are interested pm me and I'll ask her to get in touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

Hi

a friend of mine is looking to rehome a King Charles (app. 2 years old I believe) due to a family illness.

You should have her contact http://www.ckcsrescue.com/home.html

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

We adopted that Shih-tzu from the meath pound on monday for my dad. She's a gorgeous little dog, so friendly and loving.

They had two other dogs there that were lovely, a little wire terrior and a small jack russell, both lovely and friendly. You might be best to drop up and visit them as they seem to get dogs all the time and there could be ones there that aren't on the internet yet

Best of luck with the search

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

There's a list of Rescues here that might help you in your search ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mollydolly271

i have a number of soneone who has yorkie pups if thats any use to u

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Limerick Animal Welfare have a shih tzu in at the moment not a pup though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭merryhappy

http://www.dar.ie/index.php?page=dogs-needing-homes

Gorgeous shih tzu on this website, not a puppy but for me that would be a bonus toilet-training done!

Advertisement