Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

International toll tags

• 20-05-2013 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Is there any toll tag that can be used in Ireland and europe?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

dodge159 wrote: »
    Is there any toll tag that can be used in Ireland and europe?
    Nope.
    but you can get a tag from sanef https://www.bipandgo.com/souscription that will fit in the same holder as the nra tag here. It's 2 euros a month that you use it fee. (For France)
    It's not as fast as the tags work here using the french tag lanes, but you won't get caught behind someone counting out their coins paying.

I looked into the spanish tag system, but stopped as soon as I translated the fact you have to apply through your local bank....

I read somewhere that there is limited interoperability in the basque country to allow surfers get to&from Biaritz/Donostia/Bilbo, but no reference to hand

no idea how tags in italy work,
    Austria & Swiss have a sticker valid for a full year, whether you use motorways every day or travel the 1km to Geneva airport from France....

Luxemburg, Germany Belgium are Free and haven't driven further afield in my car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Richard Logue

What companies run the toll system in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,829 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

<snip>
    Luxemburg, Germany Belgium are Free and haven't driven further afield in my car
    so far they are free.

The last I heard Belgium is to bring in a flatrate toll any time now

Also, in Germany the leading politicans in the car manufacturing centres of Bavaria and Baden Wurtemburg (i.e. home of BMW, Audi, Mercedes and Porsche), who are normally in favour of every sop to the long distance commuter to promote unsustainable rural village living and create a market for comfy cars, are now united in looking for "transitland-germany" to introduce a toll that will hit all those foreigners who get to use the road for free, not even buying petrol in the country.
    After the fiasco of the truck tolls introduction which use an über complicated satelite tracking system to work out to the metre how far a truck has travelled on the motorway and bills per km and cost billions when it was late being introduced, it'll be a sticker based flatrate system akin to what Austria and adjoining countries operate.

Advertisement