Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

C4 100 Greatest Albums

• 19-04-2005 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭

100 Greatest Albums.

For those of you who failed to sit through the 4 hours on Channel 4, here's how bad it was:

03. NIRVANA - Nevermind
    09. GUNS N' ROSES - Appetite For Destruction
    31. SEX PISTOLS - Never Mind the Bollocks Here's the Sex Pistols
    41. THE SPECIALS - Specials
    44. THE CLASH - London Calling
    52. PATTI SMITH - Horses
    60. THE JAM - All Mod Cons
    90. MADNESS - One Step Beyond...
    94. BLONDIE - Parallel Lines

Read'em & weep ....

http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/G/greatest/albums/results.ht
    ml

And these were voted for by the public, scary!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

most of these deserve to be in the list but way higher than they were
    pistols & the clash shouldve been top 10
    specials shouldve been top 20
    G&R ? i hate em cant see what they were doing near the top 25 but then again they probaly deserve it more than alanis morrisette & the verve
    & why the ramones first album didnt place is beyond me,surely its worthy of a mention if only for its influence on other artists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

It's a load of bunk basically. I mean, honestly, OK Computer for best album?! There's many many better albums, other Radiohead albums included..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

Well everyone knows the general public has crap taste in music. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Griffo

fish-head wrote:
    It's a load of bunk basically. I mean, honestly, OK Computer for best album?! There's many many better albums, other Radiohead albums included..

i was shocked at that too,it was a big surprise to see them number 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

Griffo wrote:
    i was shocked at that too,it was a big surprise to see them number 1
    not really, it is a brilliant album, i'm happy to see it number 1 over plenty of other ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

Theres a similar thread in the music/radio forum.
    it turns out that there were only 125 albums to choose from.
    Thats freedom of choice George W bush style ;)
    basically there was too much present day crap in there,
    In 20 years time my kids might ask me did i ever see radiohead in concert & what was it like,i doubt they'll be askin me about Dido

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

Madness at 90?
    Blasphemy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 nmrd600

London Calling was 44? wtf? that should've been about 43 places higher than that! As for radiohead, The Bends is a lot better than OK computer, methinks.

Advertisement