Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer forum Ban

• 12-04-2014 8:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭

I made a comment in a thread about a moderation decision in the soccer forum last night. This related to the fact the thread had got out of hand. I'd like to point out that in the past previous threads have had racial abuse, personal abuse, nastiness and in general the threads have been very hard work for some of the bigger games. This thread the problem was panda jokes?

I read the thread from the start and all I did was laugh. By chance I had finished reading the thread as the mod was making comment and found it completely ridiculous which I think any normal person would in the situation. In the heat of the moment I used language which was unsuitable but I still feel the essence of what I said was completely correct.

I don't feel a ban was warranted.

Opr

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 74,773 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK, I am the (C)Mod that banned you and will leave it to one of the other CMods to deal with this. However as one of those CMods is a Soccer mod this may pass straight to an Admin

Firstly we had not exhausted our PM correspondence on the matter. Indeed I note another PM in my inbox just received from you. Regardless I will set out here a couple of points

You were imitially banned for telling a mod to "**** off". You then called vthe bannimg mod a "wanker" in PM correspondence. To be clear I will not accept any abuse of any Sports mods in any form and I upgraded your ban to permanent. If our PM correspondence had continued I would probably have suggested a couple of things you could contemplate bafore I would contemplate a lifting of the ban. Firtsly I would expect you to apologise to the two mods in question - I am not aware of any attempt to do so to date. Secondly I would expect yopu to show you can be a positive and constructive poster for an extended period (and I mean a minimum of 6 months before I would ever consider it)

As it stands though I have no basis for reconsidering anything in connection with your ban.

I shall leave this here for another CMod or Admin to deal with (and to be clear we are all volunteers - indeed I am now heading out for a while and have not even had a chance to look at your latest PM)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

To be clear I think it's completely disingenuous of you to make the above post. The PM reply would never have been made to another forum mod, ever. The mod in question as I've pointed out to you via PM has been on my ignore list long before he became a mod. Funny enough I think he's the only active member on boards who is on my ignore list which should point out it isn't something I do lightly. I don't and have never got on with this user. I don't know why while the mod in question was online who made the post couldn't have contacted me with regards the problem.

Edit - A positive contributer for an extended period of 6 months? I've been a member of the forum for nearly 10 years?

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

OP site banned for a month for personal abuse via PM.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement