Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2014

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

I have to say I agree, I have had a pretty rough time on this pregnancy with bleeding and scares and I wouldn't even consider this to be an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

Jesus no!!!!
    A few people have said that to me.. and yes have done it themselves..
    But jesus I couldnt tempt fate like that. I would never forgive myself if something DID happen. ..
    No no thats just playing with fire.. ill just have to be peeved and wait my turn.
    Im going to my gp next week to ask him to do the doppler thing..

Anyone else getting a niggling headache.. not a full blown need to take something one.. just like a stuffy head?? Maybe I need to up my water intake.

To the non first timers. .. I know its early.. but will ye be using same equip. . Like bottles or buying new?? I know I have to get a moses basket mattress? Can all else be used or am I starting from fresh again?? Only asking as I need to factor in the cost since im not working this time round :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

Static, I'll be recycling as much as possible. I might buy a few new bottle teats, soothers and mattress but other than that I'm reusing everything.
    For my first I was obsessed with buying everything new but I'm actually looking forward to seeing all the little things again with my second. I bought lots of neutral and green baby gros for my first. I will hardly be spending anything this time around which is great! I've even been offered a double buggy which will suit the two of them.
    Must go through my maternity clothes this weekend, can't wait to put on the comfy stretchy waistband 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

I had a headache on & off Wednesday & Thursday, not a proper oh give me painkillers pain just fuzziness, actually wet a tissue and held it to my forehead in work - looked like an idiot but felt great!

My OH was informed yesterday by a lady in work that mothers & daughters usually have similar experience in terms of going on time/overdue... asked my Mam last night & she went a full 2weeks over on all 4 of us, all being induced! Maybe I should start telling people Im due in September!

Has anyone discussed Maternity leave with work? I had a HR meeting this week, just the usually, the only thing that surprised me was that you have to finish up work on a Friday at least 2 weeks before EDD meaning if you were due on a Tuesday you end up off nearly 3weeks before baby is due, anyonelse heard of this? Im due on a Friday going by my private scan so doesnt affect me but would def be tempted to ask the doc to add the few days otherwise, especially on 1st when most go over...

Shortstuff I couldn't have had a more different pregnancy and labour to my mother so you never know what way it will go!
    My maternity leave starts 2 weeks to the day before my due date but I remember reading on this forum last time that some companies go by Fridays, no idea why!
    I have to say I really enjoyed my 2 weeks (+3 days over) to myself, got the house organised and all the little clothes washed and ready to go. Watched a few box sets too!

• Advertisement

emer_b wrote: »
    Shortstuff I couldn't have had a more different pregnancy and labour to my mother so you never know what way it will go!
    My maternity leave starts 2 weeks to the day before Omy due date but I remember reading on this forum last time that some companies go by Fridays, no idea why!
    I have to say I really enjoyed my 2 weeks (+3 days over) to myself, got the house organised and all the little clothes washed and ready to go. Watched a few box sets too!

Ah that gives me some hope thanks! Sure if I expect to go well over if I go myself it'll be a bonus:) getting ahead of myself now!!

I imagine the friday rule is just to keep payroll as simple as possible, guess were lucky to be getting paid!

Completely jinxed myself today, mentioned to people in work that I hadn't been sick in over a week... Roll on an hour later & I'm pulling in my car to puke at the side of the road, lesson learned!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 cocacola1

Hey all,

Static I have been getting headaches on and off now too, could be the water intake.

I've just had a scan for dating/measurements and due on the 11th of August, really excited and now starting to feel the first movements.

Is everyone finding out the sex? The ultrasound technician offered to tell us but I'd rather keep it a surprise even tho I'm dying to know!

Glad your scan went well cocacola, I'm due the 15th so few days behind you. I have my scan next Wednesday! Think were going to leave it as a surprise too:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

I'm due 30th August so I have told some people I'm due in September. Sorry to hear you're still feeling sick shortstuff.
    I have to say loving the 2nd trimester so far. It's weird I could have nearly predicted which pregnancy symptoms I got/didn't get. Like I've always had a sensitive stomach, if there was food poisoning going, I got it, always got seasick etc. And lo and behold I was constantly nauseous for wks 7,8,9 +10. I've always had really sensitive skin (can't wear wool, can't wear metal other than real gold, silver next to my skin, labels on stuff will give me a rash etc) and lo and behold I now have an awful dose of pregnancy itchiness all around my lower torso, driving me mad!
    But I never ever had headaches or constipation, also I would rarely get back pain and I didn't get those symptoms so far during pregnancy either. So thank god for small mercies I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Mrs Peacock

Hey all. Had a 16 week appointment today - I'm in the uk so not sure if you lot have similar. It was all a bit underwhelming- no scan, no listening for heart beat, just confirmation that earlier blood & urine samples were all ok- so at least there's that! I was in and out of the appointment in about 3 minutes- the midwife wasn't the most enthusiastic of people but then again she's seen this a million times- this was my first time :)

Also did some shopping at the weekend, got some bump bands and a couple of pairs of under bump jeans from h&m. The jeans are grand- still a bit big around the waistband but a lot more comfortable than my normal jeans- and I'm sure I'll grow into them. Not overly impressed with bump bands but I think I just don't have the bump yet for them to do a decent job so I'll see how they go!

Short stuff- no discussion yet in work. I still haven't told family/friends yet. I have all that ahead of me- will probably be another couple of weeks til I do - as long as a bump doesn't give me away before then. I think there are a few suspicions in work already.

• Advertisement

Hav you had a scan before now Mrs Peacock? I have my 1st hospital appointment tomorrow, I'll be 15+5 and should be scanned, bloods & urine checked (had a private 1 at 12weeks). Excited to see baba again!

Your doing well to keep it quiet! I thought I was doing good keeping quiet til 12weeks, had a hen at 13weeks so there was no point even trying to keep it secret any longer!

Yeah I had a scan at 10 weeks- all was fine then but it seems a long time ago now! Normally in the uk you have a scan at 12 weeks, then another at 20 weeks with that 16 week appointment in between.

Yeah I'm not sure even why I've kept it quiet- just been keeping a very low profile and so haven't had the need for a big announcement! Soon though.... Soon!

I've absolutely loved telling people! But I did wait til after the 12 week scan alright. I suppose coz being pregnant is literally all my dreams come true so I just love sharing the happy news :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 sowdublin

Have any of you attended the second prenatal appointment already? I'm going semi private at coombe. I had my last scan at 11 weeks. And 15 weeks now. But it seems like ages ago. My next appointment is with the consultant on 11th march, which is still 2 weeks away. I have absolutely no idea what happens at this visit. Will they do a scan? At least will I get to hear a heartbeat? If any of you have already had this appointment, please let me know what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

sowdublin wrote: »
    Have any of you attended the second prenatal appointment already? I'm going semi private at coombe. I had my last scan at 11 weeks. And 15 weeks now. But it seems like ages ago. My next appointment is with the consultant on 11th march, which is still 2 weeks away. I have absolutely no idea what happens at this visit. Will they do a scan? At least will I get to hear a heartbeat? If any of you have already had this appointment, please let me know what happens.

The girlfriend had her appointment last week and was the same was hoping they would at least check for a heartbeat, she was delighted when they done another scan I don't know if that's always the case but that was in the Coombe as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

Hi guys, had my first hospital visit yesterday and scan and all looked OK. I am 13 weeks. I was shocked when I was told my next antenatal check is June 6th. This is my third baby And I may have amnesia but I don't remember such a gap between visits. This pregnancy is already dragging and this makes it all seems solo stretched out. Anyway I will be have a c section August 26th please God so at least I have a definite due date. Anyone else feeling weary? It takes me so much effort to do housework. The washing is taking over my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

tishandy wrote: »
    Hi guys, had my first hospital visit yesterday and scan and all looked OK. I am 13 weeks. I was shocked when I was told my next antenatal check is June 6th. This is my third baby And I may have amnesia but I don't remember such a gap between visits. This pregnancy is already dragging and this makes it all seems solo stretched out. Anyway I will be have a c section August 26th please God so at least I have a definite due date. Anyone else feeling weary? It takes me so much effort to do housework. The washing is taking over my house.

Hi there, I'm for a section too but they haven't given me a date yet, next appt is for the end of March. However, at my last appt in Mayo General I did see a big notice up about new policies with ultrasound scans. As far as i could tell it was saying that once the 12 wk scan is done, unless the doc feels there is a medical reason for it, there won't be another scan through the entire pregnancy. I don't know does this mean until the very end of the pregnancy or what - they also stressed that scans cannot be given on request, and neither can patients ask for scans to determine the gender of their baby. Maybe some people were taking the mick a bit but I think it was all under the general heading of "cutbacks".

• Registered Users Posts: 46 sowdublin

The girlfriend had her appointment last week and was the same was hoping they would at least check for a heartbeat, she was delighted when they done another scan I don't know if that's always the case but that was in the Coombe as well.

Thanks Marty McFly! That gives me some hope? Although my appointment is still two weeks away. Are you going semi private as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

sowdublin wrote: »
    Thanks Marty McFly! That gives me some hope? Although my appointment is still two weeks away. Are you going semi private as well?

No going public and due back in March 27th for the big scan, were we get to find out the sex hopefully :).

I had my 1st appointment in Mullingar on Wednesday. All went well... was actually alot less waiting around than I thought there would be considering Im going public. Arrived 1.30 for a 2.00 appointment, there was only 4 other couples there. Was waiting say 15mins before I met with the mid wife who did blood pressure, height, weight, history, blood & urine sample. Then another 15mins waiting for the scan. Scan was a little underwelming after the private scan - all a little rushed and picture wasnt as clear. Plus there was a doctor training how to use the machine so he was blocking my OHs view most of the time:( Was great to see my little baby though! They measured his head which gave a EDD of the 10th where as my private 12wk scan gave the 15th, Doc said they "wouldnt change the dates unless there was a big difference, besides it'll probably be the end of August!" So sticking with 16 weeks today!! In with my GP in 8 weeks (24weeks) and hospital in 12 (28weeks) Mullingar dont do Anomoly scans so think Ill go for a private one at 22weeks.

• Advertisement

Just coming up to 16 weeks now and felt the first few tiny kicks last night! It's the best and weirdest feeling!

emer_b wrote: »
    Just coming up to 16 weeks now and felt the first few tiny kicks last night! It's the best and weirdest feeling!

Pretty sure I've felt the same, wonderful little flutters:) Great feeling! How's everyone else getting on, threads been very quiet...

Pretty sure I've felt the same, wonderful little flutters:) Great feeling! How's everyone else getting on, threads been very quiet...

Just at 17 weeks now and feeling those little kicks! Makes everything seem more real.

Still undecided whether to find out the sex? Any advice here?

So jealous of ye girls that have felt kicks.....I CAN'T WAIT for that to happen. I just think it's so weird that one day I'll be going about my business and will feel a little person kick inside me! I've seen bubs kick on the screen at the 12 week scan though so I know his/her little legs work alright!

My next scan next Monday now....I think this will be the last anxious scan, I'll be 15 w + 3d and I reckon if bubs made it that far, he/she will probably make it all the way. I had a dream last night that bubs died between the 12 week scan and 15 week scan - how horrible! One of those dreams I was bloody glad to wake up from I can tell you!

My bump is weird...I've had an expanded waistline (as in clothes not fitting) from around 10 weeks and been wearing maternity jeans for the last few weeks. Now at 14w + 4d even some of the dresses that I'm wearing over leggings are feeling tight around my ribs (!) and 1 of my dresses just doesn't fit at all anymore. But I still don't have a bump bump like. I have a subtle protrusion I'd describe it more as! I've gone up a size in knicks and 1-2 sizes in bra and up 1 cup size in bra. Itchiness was dreadful for a few weeks but has eased off now almost gone THANK GOD. It was driving me crazy! Dedydration after coming back a bit this week, need to keep drinking water or else get dry eyes and darker coloured urine. That's it from the Lucuma camp!

Oh I'm DEFO finding out the sex of the baby......gonna see if the consultant is willing to take a stab at it at 15w on Mon.....but I'll take what she says with a pinch of salt anyway at this early stage.

Lucuma wrote: »
    So jealous of ye girls that have felt kicks.....I CAN'T WAIT for that to happen. I just think it's so weird that one day I'll be going about my business and will feel a little person kick inside me! I've seen bubs kick on the screen at the 12 week scan though so I know his/her little legs work alright!

My next scan next Monday now....I think this will be the last anxious scan, I'll be 15 w + 3d and I reckon if bubs made it that far, he/she will probably make it all the way. I had a dream last night that bubs died between the 12 week scan and 15 week scan - how horrible! One of those dreams I was bloody glad to wake up from I can tell you!

My bump is weird...I've had an expanded waistline (as in clothes not fitting) from around 10 weeks and been wearing maternity jeans for the last few weeks. Now at 14w + 4d even some of the dresses that I'm wearing over leggings are feeling tight around my ribs (!) and 1 of my dresses just doesn't fit at all anymore. But I still don't have a bump bump like. I have a subtle protrusion I'd describe it more as! I've gone up a size in knicks and 1-2 sizes in bra and up 1 cup size in bra. Itchiness was dreadful for a few weeks but has eased off now almost gone THANK GOD. It was driving me crazy! Dedydration after coming back a bit this week, need to keep drinking water or else get dry eyes and darker coloured urine. That's it from the Lucuma camp!

Oh I'm DEFO finding out the sex of the baby......gonna see if the consultant is willing to take a stab at it at 15w on Mon.....but I'll take what she says with a pinch of salt anyway at this early stage.

It's quite nerve wrenching being pregnant and worrying, but soon exciting too!

Have you found out your due date? I've a scan in two weeks and think I'll find out then,

What hospital are you attending?

In my last pregnancy I was so small right up to the last month and my daughter was TINY! But I'm quite big already and am sporting leggings 24/7!

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

I dont have my first scan or anything till april first. Ill be twenty weeks.. and defo finding out sex. Himself doesnt want to know and we didnt find out on our daughter but I wanna know this time :-)

Feeling alot ALOT better this week not half as tired. 16 weeks since sun .

Today my task is bring the little one to buy her first shoes... after working out how to get toddler barf off the car seat :( she be two in april and yesterday was the firsy time she EVER puked.. but my god did she make up for it. Car ruined!!!!!!!
    Hope you guys have a more fun day than that haha :-)

I'm definitely finding out the sex too, have a private scan booked for it at 20 weeks. I just really really want to know, felt the same last time. I like to be organised and think I will feel more settled once I know. Plus, no point washing all the baby girl clothes I have if it's a boy!
    There's a vomiting bug doing the rounds in our house at the moment. Praying I don't get it, it's impossible to avoid. Going around with dettol wipes in my hand.
    The itchiness was driving me crazy for the last 2 months but is starting to ease a little now, I have torn the skin on my legs from scratching! Shaving seems to aggravate it so thinking of waxing before we go on holidays in May. I only waxed once about 15 years ago, are any of you waxing during pregnancy? Is it more painful/sensitive?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭lau1247

Anyone got one of these.

No increase in bump size... no increase in bump size... no increase in bump size... WHOA what the hell happen there it just got big all of a sudden

Noticed that with the missus

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

16 weeks now, definite bump, choked with chest infection and on antibiotics - reluctantly but I don't want to end up getting hospitalised with this, it's bad enough already.

Also I definitely will be asking whether its a boy or girl (all going well please God) as myself and hubbie are very bad at choosing names and at least that will help us narrow it down a bit.

• Advertisement

Busy in here this morning after a quiet patch!

I thought I felt some movement last night but couldn't be sure. I'm 17+3 with my first baby so it could just have been my tummy! My bump has really started to appear over the last few days, it's getting harder to conceal. I'm going to have to break the news fairly soon I think. Not exactly sure how to approach my boss in work. I generally get on well with him but will still feel very awkward when the time comes to mention it. My other option is to just wait until the bump is so big it's obvious to even a man! I am of course only joking about that idea!

Have to say I'm surprised by how many people are keen to find out the gender. I only really know of one couple who found out the sex of baby beforehand out of all friends/family I know. I remember thinking that when theirs arrived that it sort of took some of the excitement away - but that was just my opinion from afar- I presume the parents were over the moon regardless! And I suppose it adds some excitement at 20 week scan. I'll be saving the surprise til he or she is here I think! :)

Advertisement