Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boob job on the NHS...HSE?

Options
  • 01-04-2013 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭

Is there a way that people can get boob jobs done/paid for by the HSE? Seems that it's becoming common knowledge over in the UK (link), can we expect knackers and dole scroungers everywhere running around with plastic knockers paid by the taxpayer?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dh0011

I hope not. The country is in a financial hole and providing emergency care in hospitals has reached a crisis point. The mid western regional hospital in Limerick is struggling to cope at the minute. Elective cosmetic surgery such as breast augmentation surgery should not be paid for by the state. Anyone who looks for it to be done for them for free should be given a kick up the hole and told go get a job and earn some money and pay for it themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

discus wrote: »
    Is there a way that people can get boob jobs done/paid for by the HSE? Seems that it's becoming common knowledge over in the UK (link), can we expect knackers and dole scroungers everywhere running around with plastic knockers paid by the taxpayer?

I think the HSE will pay for breast surgery as long as long as its not just cosmetic e.g. breast reconstruction or breast size reduction due to health impact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

^ my friend had that done, dunno what the name of the "condition" was but basically she had kinda long boobs...got them fixed for free!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

I think the HSE will pay for breast surgery as long as long as its not just cosmetic e.g. breast reconstruction or breast size reduction due to health impact.

Cant argue with that, it has an impact on their physical wellbeing (prevents back back also?)

But what about mental health? Can having small boobs ever justify the govt paying for enlargement?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Thread locked. Not really a health or fitness discussion.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement