Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Football Tips Thread IV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

AFCON - Niger vs DR Congo

Dieumerci Mbokani to score anytime - 2/1
    Dieumerci Mbokani to score 2 or more - 14/1
    Dieumerci Mbokani to score a hat trick - 80/1

Very good goalscorer and his record for Anderlecht speaks for itself. There is value in the anytime bet imo and I'm only following it up with small stakes on the other 2 for interest.

Placed the bets earlier on @ 17/10 , 10/1 and 40/1 with Paddypower (Best odds at the time) but I'm slightly worried now that they have drifted elsewhere :confused:

Definitely worth a punt @ 2/1 tomorrow after he's confirmed in the starting 11.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dieumerci_Mbokani His record is quite good and Niger are quite poor. Also, he's their penalty taker and there's been quite a few in the AFCON this year, as usual.
    Exactly what i was looking at looks a good player can see him. Being the next player to join the premier league

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Avfctom wrote: »
    Exactly what i was looking at looks a good player can see him. Being the next player to join the premier league

He was a huge flop at Monaco, the Belgian league is **** that's why he scores so many goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

It's true that the Belgian league is poor but the lad can score. Has 10 in 19 internationals and the fact that Niger will most likely come out attacking (they probably need a win here because they play the pre-tournament favourites Ghana in the final group game) means there could be a few goals. 2/1 for him to grab 1 is good value imo!

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MurDawg

Betis

Betis - Atl. Madrid 3.04 3.32 2.25

Picks=74% 11% 15%

People are favouring Betis early on, 3.04 and dropping?

Seems interesting

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

MurDawg wrote: »
    Betis

Betis - Atl. Madrid 3.04 3.32 2.25

Picks=74% 11% 15%

People are favouring Betis early on, 3.04 and dropping?

Seems interesting

Can easily see that one finishing 0-0
    Might go for that on betfair and take unders as a safety net.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MurDawg

inforfun wrote: »
    Can easily see that one finishing 0-0
    Might go for that on betfair and take unders as a safety net.

draw no bet 6/5

Under 2.5 is dropping as well it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Just a small one for the future maybe after last night...

Olivier Giroud has scored 7 of his 8 goals at home for Arsenal at home, makes sense given Arsenal usually dominate possession at home so Giroud can operate in the box where he is most useful..

Away from home he is much less ineffective as he just isn't suited to Arsenal counter attacking, no pace to get in behind and generally spends alot less time in the box

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭plannerscanner

Millwall are surely too long at 2.5 on Betfair to take a demoralised Villa tomorrow night

Draw no bet not so attractive at 1.78

Opinions??

I was looking at the French Cup games today but couldn't find Newcastle ?? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Castro Anytime @ 2.80

Athletico will most likely be happy to defend to hold the 2-0 from the first leg, but they have a history of looking a much tamer team overall when playing without Falcao. Betis should attack stong to try and get the upper hand, and Castro is at his best when doing that.

If he does not score, this will officially be the end of my Castor man-crush.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Castro subbed off at 70'

I cannot pick anything these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

tinodz wrote: »
    Castro subbed off at 70'

I cannot pick anything these days.

Unlucky man, I followed you on this again tonight same as a week or two ago and once again pp returned money as bet was void?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

magherakid wrote: »
    Fancy

Malaga v Barcelona
    Over 3.5 Goals 6/5
    Last 6 meetings gone over 3.5 goals

make that 7 now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Radonman wrote: »
    On Thursday Malaga and Barcelona go head to head in the second leg of the Copa del Rey deadlocked @ 2-2, next game @ La Rosaleda where Barcelona have a fine record of 6 wins in last 7 scoring 20 and conceeding 4. I expect Barca to be extremly motivated after loosing their unbeaten run last weekend and my pick is Barca (-1) @ 13/10 Boyles

Make that 7 outa 8 :p . Squeezey bum one but it got there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Just a simple double I like for the weekend is Reading to beat Sheff Utd and QPR to beat MK Dons comes in @ around 17/10, Rsadingcare in great form and showed in the last round there interested, where Sheff Utd are fighting the drop and hopefully have bigger fish to fry. QPR also in great form and should play a similar team to the on thaf beat West Brom.
    Gonna have a little bit on Reading (-1) too @ a stand out price of 15/8 with Boyles

He was a huge flop at Monaco, the Belgian league is **** that's why he scores so many goals.

Benteke and lukaku scored lots of goals in that league and look class in england

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Lukaku looks class, Benteke not so much.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Belgian league is pretty bad but defensively better than the Dutch league.

Last week i mentioned some Belgian cfwd here that scored 4 goals on his debut in the turkish league, 2 years after becoming top goal scorer in Holland.
    Yet he couldnt hit the target in Belgium.

Scoring a lot in Belgium is harder than doing the same in Holland.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 GiroudSomeMawn

Nigeria v Zambia 15.00
    Eminike to score anytime 3/1

This mawn will be familiar to Celtic fans having played up top in the CL for Spartak, and looking very capable in the two games.

He leads the line for his country at CF and notched a good goal In match 1 of the afcon. His recent form is a goal every two games against much better Russian defences. With a team favs, 3/1 is usually a midfielder price to score anytime and as such, theres value here against limited Zambia. should be a more open game with both teams drawing game 1 and hopefully goals will follow.

Compare this price to say Fletcher or Berbatov in the PL who'd only be Evs to score against mid table opposition, if their teams were priced 6/5.

Not a game I'm keen on watching as I find the afcon games lack structure and continuity, but it's worth a modest bet and a monitor of fotmob/livescore.

Eminike confirmed to start just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Nigeria v Zambia 15.00

This mawn will be familiar to Celtic fans having played up top in the CL for Spartak, and looking very capable in the two games.

He leads the line for his country at CF and notched a good goal In match 1 of the afcon. His recent form is a goal every two games against much better Russian defences. With a team favs, 3/1 is usually a midfielder price to score anytime and as such, theres value here against limited Zambia. should be a more open game with both teams drawing game 1 and hopefully goals will follow.

Compare this price to say Fletcher or Berbatov in the PL who'd only be Evs to score against mid table opposition, if their teams were priced 6/5.

Not a game I'm keen on watching as I find the afcon games lack structure and continuity, but it's worth a modest bet and a monitor of fotmob/livescore.

Where did you get 3/1 boyles he is 6/4.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

Borussia Dortmund v Nürnberg

Dortmund are without first teamer Subotic, but Santana has covered him well so far. Nurnberg aren't missing any first team players.

Dortmund can leap frog Leverkusen for 24 hours at least if they win here.

Nurnburg have lost 5/9 on the road and have only scored in 5/9 too. Dortmund need to get points on the board before the CL starts back again. Dortmund haven't been wonderful at home this season, but last week's 5-0 thrashing of Bremen shows what they can do when they're in the mood.
    Tonight is 'Schal-la-la day' in Dortmund's Westfalenstadion so the crowd will be really behind them for a win.

Dortmund -2 AH 1.65 Pinnacle
    & Over 3 goals, 1.74 Pinnacle

ANXIOUS wrote: »

He was 11/4 with PP, 3/1 on BF for a time. Sadly Mikel seems to take their pens for some strange reason...

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭CD-R 80

Nigeria v Zambia 15.00

Great shout!

Super finish too.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

Was 31/10 with bet victor

Nice bet

Great playing in FIFA aswel ha

CD-R 80 wrote: »

Great shout!

Super finish too.

Get in. Hope folks got on this.

Not often one can back a starting striker whose team are favs at such a healthy price. Should have been settled earlier if he was given the Pen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Sadly I was only on at 6/4. Did anyone else see Boyle sports price, it's just a friend put it on for me and said it was 6/4. Hard to believe such a big difference.

Lukaku looks class, Benteke not so much.

Are u mad benteke is class he bullies defenders he is unplayable at times and 11 goals in his first six months in england for a 22 year old is brilliant

Sadly I was only on at 6/4. Did anyone else see Boyle sports price, it's just a friend put it on for me and said it was 6/4. Hard to believe such a big difference.

William hill was 6/4 aswell

Are u mad benteke is class he bullies defenders he is unplayable at times and 11 goals in his first six months in england for a 22 year old is brilliant

Also il add benteke is playing for one of the poorest villa sides i have ever seen and perfoming where as lukaku is playing for west brom who are flying in the league therefore alot easier for him to perform

• Advertisement

Benteke and lukaku scored lots of goals in that league and look class in england

Yea but Mbokani was a flop at Monaco AND Wolfsburg. Benteke and Lukaku just happened to be too good for the Belgian league, scoring a lot in that league doesn't necessarily make you good.
    The Belgian league is awful, I remember Lyon beat Anderlecht 8-2 in the CL play offs a few years back, also this season Bordeaux beat the then league leaders Bruges 4-0.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement