Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computing NCI

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

yes i am interested in the area and want to expand what i know about computers, coupled with nci's high employment rate i feel its for me. spoke to a nci rep who said to me that people with no knowledge of computers go in and come out with top jobs.
    yes they may have "no knowledge" but they do have aptitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

You'll definitely need an aptitude for computing, otherwise it'll be a long struggle for 4 years. Unless you have an interest in computers and want to learn programming and computer architecture, then it'll be boring, like learning a language you don't really want to use. There's high employment, but you have to be good at it and want to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,199 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

stetyrrell wrote: »
    You'll definitely need an aptitude for computing, otherwise it'll be a long struggle for 4 years. Unless you have an interest in computers and want to learn programming and computer architecture, then it'll be boring, like learning a language you don't really want to use. There's high employment, but you have to be good at it and want to do it.
    I want to do it and am always willing to learn more , I think the course will be quite interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

group 2 also, has any one got there log in details yet ?

Casshern88 wrote: »
    group 2 also, has any one got there log in details yet ?

Nope , appearently they get sent out after the info we got this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 cheaps3993

I offer accounting in nci of my cao,is it possible to change my course to computing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

cheaps3993 wrote: »
    I offer accounting in nci of my cao,is it possible to change my course to computing?
    I really couldn't tell you but your best bet is to ring the college.

cheaps3993 wrote: »

Unless they're willing to open up another place in the course, I'd imagine not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭shootie

I'm in group 1.

Anyone staying in NCI's student accommodation?

shootie wrote: »
    I'm in group 1.

nope but i may need 2 crash somewhere during freshers week haha

• Advertisement

shootie wrote: »
    I'm in group 1.

Cool, I'm in group 1 too.

Nope, how much is the accommodation?

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Cool, I'm in group 1 too.

Nope, how much is the accommodation?

110 a week during the semester, then 140 during the summer. Fairly cheap considering it's smack in the middle of the IFSC. Right behind Sheriffer though....

are the groups just for registration cause we are all together for orientation

You's all gettin susi grants or like me not getting a grant

110 a week during the semester, then 140 during the summer. Fairly cheap considering it's smack in the middle of the IFSC. Right behind Sheriffer though....
    Aye the price is very generous for such a nice location. However I heard you had to pay the full amount on the one go so maybe I was wrong.

Aye the price is very generous for such a nice location. However I heard you had to pay the full amount on the one go so maybe I was wrong.

Yeah 2 installments of 1800 or something, but I suppose if you were doing it for a year you'd probably be looking at a credit union loan.

The joys of living 15 minutes away on a bike ;)

Yeah 2 installments of 1800 or something, but I suppose if you were doing it for a year you'd probably be looking at a credit union loan.

The joys of living 15 minutes away on a bike ;)
    Yep, 10 mins on the bus for me \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

You all will absolutely HATE Business modules, that's pretty much the only modules I disliked over past 2 years so far, well in Year 2, Semester 2 Project Management is more or less alright, but the rest will be ****, and I bet all of you will have around 15% attendance to them then closing to exams you will be saying: "I sweat to gawd, if I pass this I will attend every single class and study well" but then when new semester begins, you just leg it to the pub opposite to college :D

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭danish pasterys

arleitiss wrote: »
    You all will absolutely HATE Business modules, that's pretty much the only modules I disliked over past 2 years so far, well in Year 2, Semester 2 Project Management is more or less alright, but the rest will be ****, and I bet all of you will have around 15% attendance to them then closing to exams you will be saying: "I sweat to gawd, if I pass this I will attend every single class and study well" but then when new semester begins, you just leg it to the pub opposite to college :D

Theres a pub beside Nci ? Awesome, Is it decent ?

http://www.ifsc.ie/

You can see all the shops and restaurants and bars around the school on the IFSC website and all the bars are listed here: http://www.ifsc.ie/listing.aspx?id=2

• Advertisement

Yep, 10 mins on the bus for me \o/

here lads il be needing a place to crash id say during freshers week, any offers haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

It's alright, 3.50 for a pint of carling, or 9.50 for pitcher.
    Also sometimes in big crowds you can get free food :D

€1 shots at Capitol on a Wednesday :D

€1 shots at Capitol on a Wednesday :D

dandalion will be hit on the wed of freshers week

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Gissy_T

How do you find out what group your In? Mine isn't written on my booklet

Gissy_T wrote: »
    How do you find out what group your In? Mine isn't written on my booklet

yeah mine wasn't on it either, theres ment to be a sticker on the front but it was missing. if you contact the college and ask to be put through to admissions they should be able to tell you.

No timetables up yet.

They also added Financial Management to 3rd year i hear its a nightmare of a module :( dam

No timetables up yet.

They also added Financial Management to 3rd year i hear its a nightmare of a module :( dam

sure we have to wait to get the username and password before we can get onto our nci student accounts and find timetables

sure we have to wait to get the username and password before we can get onto our nci student accounts and find timetables

I got mine already today in the post an no timetable available yet

• Advertisement

I got mine already today in the post an no timetable available yet

Alri , still waiting for mine , read somewhere they wouldn't be up until the 30th , I could be wrong though

Advertisement