Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Football Tips Thread v3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

I'm going big on this double for Tuesday:
    Valletta
    Dudelange -1
    @ 1.49

I don't use the word "banker" very often but it should really really be a banker.

Valletta (champions of Malta) vs Lusitanos (champions of Andorra):
    I watched Valletta last year vs the champions of San Marino and they were easily the better side (won the first leg 3-0), and Sammarinese football and Andorran football are about the same level imo.
    After that, they played vs the champions of Lithuania and lost 2-3 and 0-1, I watched the return leg and they totally outplayed the Lithuanians and were really unlucky not to score.
    They have Michael Mifsud in their team, the best Maltese player ever who used to play for Coventry.

Dudelange (champions of Luxembourg) vs Tre Penne (champions of San Marino):
    I've seen Dudelange a few times in the CL qualifiers and they're a decent team, I watched them against the champions of Slovenia last year and they played well even though they lost 0-2 and 1-3.
    Prior to that they played vs the champions of Andorra and won both legs 2-0.
    I'd be shocked if Dudelange didn't win this game by at least 2 goals.

Serious great spot -will be free rolling all week thanks to you :D and i would have gotten a lot more if PP had not crashed, they got lucky there typical:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Fitzcal

Radonman wrote: »
    Serious great spot -will be free rolling all week thanks to you :D and i would have gotten a lot more if PP had not crashed, they got lucky there typical:rolleyes:
    I dont think PP got lucky it's happening too often at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Fitzcal wrote: »
    I dont think PP got lucky it's happening too often at this stage

Fucking annoying at this stage! You wouldn't mind if it was a regular occurance.

And of course all the bets I wanted to make won! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭De Dannan

PP must have teamed up with Ulster Bank today

• Registered Users Posts: 53,823 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

lads why do ye still bet with pp?

I left ages ago, best decision iv ever made

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    lads why do ye still bet with pp?

I left ages ago, best decision iv ever made

Most convenient for depositing, nice website.

I've never had any problems apart from the website being down today.

BKC wrote: »
    Most convenient for depositing, nice website.

I've never had any problems apart from the website being down today.

lol you must be new to gambling then

Headshot wrote: »
    lol you must be new to gambling then

No I'm not lol.

If you think todays downtime is rarity you'd be mistaken. This happens pp a few times in the past. Lot more than any other big bookie. They suspended matches more than any other bookie. Slow to pay out on bets. They are extremely slow to get matches up on live betting because they want to test the water with the match

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Have to agree with Headshot on this one. This isn't the first time something like this has happened and a poxy 3 or 5 euro free bet doesn't make up for it when there was proper money lost that could have been made if a person's bet was placed as desired.

Got fed up of them a while ago and only use them when I can't find better odds (which is seldom)

Houston Dynamo draw no bet @ 4/7 looks good value to me. Unbeaten at home since May. Not lumping on this but staking a moderate amount.

Ironically PP have betting up for the game, but betting is suspended on Houston Dynamo to win :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭tip74

Traeff v Skeid (Norway 2. Division)
    Skeid reports on their website that they probably will send a young squad on Wednesday for various reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭baltimore sun

Finland 1st Division (Ykkonen)
    RoPS win (21/20)
    FC Vikingit (4/5)

Double is (2.68/1) on Bet365

Interesting article I saw on Leeroys page about odds anomolies

http://leroysbettingtips.co.uk/jumping-on-bookies-errors-find-the-value-ian-hutchison/

maybe ye guys have had similar experiences

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Last saturday i had Guanghzou - Beijing, Guangzou to score in both halves @2.62

Not sure if that was a mistake though as it was no1 in the league vs 3.
    I just got on it because i found out Guangzou had a 40/60 as it comes to goals scored 1st half/2nd half

But yes, dig deep and you might find value on those kind of bets. Not sure if they are really mistakes though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

3 singles:
    Under 2.5 in EB Streymur vs Gandzasar @ 2.00

Aktobe win or draw (vs Torpedo Kutaisi) @ 2.05

Under 2.5 in Birkirkara vs Metalurg Skopje @ 2.00

EB Streymur (Faroese league) vs Gandzasar (Armenian league):
    EB Streymur are top of the Faroese league, they played vs Man City a few years ago and only lost 2-0 (home & away), last year they played vs a good team from Azerbaijan and they drew both games (1-1 and 0-0). Azerbaijani teams are stronger than Armenian teams imo.
    Gandzasar are 5th in the Armenian league and most of their games go under 2.5 goals.

Torpedo Kutaisi (Georgian league) vs Aktobe (Kazakh league):
    I've watched Aktobe several times in Europe and they're a nice team to watch, they play fast, attacking football. They're very strong at home and a bit weaker away, but still they have much more experience in Europe than Torpedo and they recently signed several players including 3 Uzbek internationals. They have a terrible GK though... A few years ago, they played vs the champions of Georgia and won 2-0 at home and drew 1-1 away. This game should finish as a draw imo.
    -Aktobe to qualify @ 2.65 is another good bet imo.

Birkirkara (Maltese league) vs Metalurg Skopje (Macedonian league):
    Birkirkara's results in Europe in the past few years:
    2012: 0-1 and 1-1 vs an Albanian team
    2011: 0-1 and 0-0 vs a Croatian team
    2010: they beat the Slovakian champions 1-0 at home (lost 3-0 away)

So they're not as bad as the odds suggest. As for Metalurg Skopje... Macedonian football is a joke and if Birkirkara managed to draw against teams from Croatia and Albania, I don't see why they couldn't get a positive result here.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

@inforfun

Are Twente going to use their best players for the game vs Santa Coloma or are they just gonna use their reserves/youth team?

I'm tempted by Twente to score over 4.5 goals @ 1.70...
    inforfun wrote: »
    Didnt read anything about it so far in the papers but if that other crowd from Andorra that is playing now, is anything to go by, Twente could field the chairman and coffeelady and still the over 4,5 should be fine.

I ll keep an eye out though and if i see anything on it, i ll post it here.

Not playing for Twente on thursday:

Luuk de Jong, Andreas Bjelland, Emir Bajrami: Still on holidays after their involvement in Euro2012

Felipe Gutiérrez: recently bought from U de Catolica, papers not finalised yet

Denny Landzaat: Injured

Nikolay Mihaylov, Douglas and Roberto Rosales: Only in training since monday.

Basically they miss their entire defense but dont expect they need a defense against the mighty Santa Coloma who finished behind that crowd that got spanked 8-0 last night.

Last night Twente played a friendly against some amateurs and won 7-0. But i dont recognize any of the goalscorers so might have been youth/reserves playing that one.

Still confident Twente will bang in a few with the players they do have left.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

More bets:
    Double:
    Twente to score over 4.5 goals
    Under 3.5 in EB Streymur vs Gandzasar
    @ 2.26

and a single on:
    MyPa -1 (vs some jokers from the Welsh 2nd division) @ 1.70

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

tip74 wrote: »
    Traeff v Skeid (Norway 2. Division)
    Skeid reports on their website that they probably will send a young squad on Wednesday for various reasons.

On the ball again Tip

sound

2nd Half Corinthians v Boca Juniors
    (Half with Most Goals) 05/07/2012 None 6/5 To Run

2nd Half @ 6/5
    €25.00 Single

• Advertisement

Taking FK Baku on the -1 in the Europa League tomorrow night @2.20.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

pp will be fairly dishing out the freebets tomorrow for the site being down all evening, and fone a bet not giving odds on live games. Usually the obligatory sob story email does the job for me

You may have noticed that our online and mobile services experienced a prolonged period of down-time yesterday.

We have identified the problem and implemented a solution that will solve the issue.

We take site outages very seriously andapologise for any inconvenience this may have caused. We have credited your account with a free bet by way of apology. This is valid until midnight on Sunday 8th July.

Kind regards,

The Team at Paddy Power

nice one

BKC wrote: »
    Taking FK Baku on the -1 in the Europa League tomorrow night @2.20.

To elaborate -- taken from my log:

Europa League first round qualifier tomorrow night. Mura 05 of Slovenia travel to Azerbaijan to face FK Baku. Baku's odds have dropped a lot in recent days. As far as I can tell, Mura 05 are experiencing financial difficulties, have no manger, have sold 3 players, and are without their top goalscorer. The two sides played each other in a friendly recently and FK Baku won 4-0. Hopefully with all the problems Mura 05 are having, and also the intense heat of Azerbaijan, they will cover the -1 handicap tomorrow.

I am considering lumping big on FK Baku to win @1.36 also.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

You may have noticed that our online and mobile services experienced a prolonged period of down-time yesterday.

We have identified the problem and implemented a solution that will solve the issue.

We take site outages very seriously andapologise for any inconvenience this may have caused. We have credited your account with a free bet by way of apology. This is valid until midnight on Sunday 8th July.

Kind regards,

The Team at Paddy Power

nice one

Sent them an email looking for some free bets, this is what they sent me back:

Thank you for contacting Paddy Power Customer Support.
    Unfortunately we experienced some technical issues with our site for which we are profoundly apologetic.
    We understand that this is far from ideal, but where technology is concerned there is always the potential for a glitch or system error.
    We can assure you that we are putting in place all measures to ensure a reduced risk of a repeat occurrence.
    I'm afraid we will not be offering a free bet as compensation for the disturbance.
    Your patience and understanding in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Not a happy chap at all over that. Strongly considering moving to B365 over the shambles with the website,

pithater1 wrote: »
    Sent them an email looking for some free bets, this is what they sent me back:

Thank you for contacting Paddy Power Customer Support.
    Unfortunately we experienced some technical issues with our site for which we are profoundly apologetic.
    We understand that this is far from ideal, but where technology is concerned there is always the potential for a glitch or system error.
    We can assure you that we are putting in place all measures to ensure a reduced risk of a repeat occurrence.
    I'm afraid we will not be offering a free bet as compensation for the disturbance.
    Your patience and understanding in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Not a happy chap at all over that. Strongly considering moving to B365 over the shambles with the website,

Sorry bud - got the same message as Kero €10 free bet - no much of a compensation but need some help with an accum for it

FK Baku (-1) @ 6/5
    Elfsborg (-2) @ 8/11

I need at least one more but has to be a home team, i'm thinking of Ceaser Vallejo (-1) @ 6/5 in the Peru league but there must be a beter bet in the Europa games?

Sorry bud - got the same message as Kero €10 free bet - no much of a compensation but need some help with an accum for it

FK Baku (-1) @ 6/5
    Elfsborg (-2) @ 8/11

I need at least one more but has to be a home team, i'm thinking of Ceaser Vallejo (-1) @ 6/5 in the Peru league but there must be a beter bet in the Europa games?

What way did you ask for them? Was it on live chat or via email?

Wonder if its worth my while moaning on live chat

pithater1 wrote: »
    What way did you ask for them? Was it on live chat or via email?

Wonder if its worth my while moaning on live chat

Just got a mail - worth a chance, say you were trying to place a bet on the Champions League qualifers

Just got a mail - worth a chance, say you were trying to place a bet on the Champions League qualifers

Yeah I said I was trying all night to get a bet on in the Linfield match. When I asked why they weren't giving a free bet I heard nothing more from them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭baltimore sun

Puttin on 2 bets that hopefully will come in over the night
    Corinthians v Boca Juniors BTTS 5/4
    Universitario de Deportes v Juan Aurich over 1.5 goals, odds 1.425
    Double 2.2/1

• Advertisement

Going to look for goals in the MLS again. Was tempted for Overs but will try this instead

RSL vs Seattle - BTTS 1.9
    LA to beat Philadelphia 1.50

Double 2.70

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement