Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bridge (Bron) [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Got the box set for Xmas ,as a present.Top notch! IMO. Just finished it tonight.
    Next up ,is "The Killing".Hope to buy it soon.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Got the box set for Xmas ,as a present.Top notch! IMO. Just finished it tonight.
    Next up ,is "The Killing".Hope to buy it soon.:)

Adored Season 1 of The Bridge and can't wait for the next season. I think you might like Borgen. By chance, I watched it for the first time last Saturday (one of the BBC channels). Even though I had missed Season 1, I was quickly hooked. It's described as The Killing meets The West Wing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,173 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

So, it would appear this being remade in the US - US/Mexico, and the UK - UK and France...two to choose from. Guess the original might be back by the time one of them airs.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭obriendj

Just finished watching the first season.
    Thought it was excellent.

my 2 cent on the wig was
    simply that she wore the wig for her husband who may have preferred her as a blond but as soon as she was let down by him, she took it off to feel more like herself again, dont think it was a major point just a small side step to add more to the character

Saga was a brilliant character and she is played so well and laughed at so many of her lines. will await season 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭brian_t

Hey Guys, I really enjoyed The Bridge and look forward to season 2 if there is to be one.has anybody got any info on season 2 like what it will entail and when it is to resume etc?
    A second series of The Bridge is expected to air later this year, with detectives Martin Rohde and Saga Norén reunited after an apparently empty ship rams the Øresund Bridge and the pair must collaborate once more.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2013/mar/08/bbc4-scandinavian-crime-drama

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,173 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Low quality Broen II teaser. No BBC air date yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭obriendj

Saw a trailer for the tunnel which will be on Sky Atlantic, similar to the Bridge but the murder is in the Channel Tunnel.

I wonder how closely to the Bridge will it be.

http://skyatlantic.sky.com/the-tunnel-videos/the-tunnel-60-sec-promo

oh and Second season of the Bridge to air in Denmark/Sweden this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,598 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

obriendj wrote: »
    Saw a trailer for the tunnel which will be on Sky Atlantic, similar to the Bridge but the murder is in the Channel Tunnel.

I wonder how closely to the Bridge will it be.

http://skyatlantic.sky.com/the-tunnel-videos/the-tunnel-60-sec-promo

oh and Second season of the Bridge to air in Denmark/Sweden this weekend.

Started watching the US version but stopped after a while because the plot was pretty much a direct copy of The Bridge. Hopefully this doesn't happen with The Tunnel, judging by the series description though it'll be pretty similar.. I'd kinda understand if the Bridge wasn't already shown on BBC but maybe Sky will bring in viewers who haven't seen it..

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Has anyone heard when BBC are starting season 2? They are already 5 episodes into it in Denmark/Sweden, any word on how good it is?

• Advertisement

DBIreland wrote: »
    Has anyone heard when BBC are starting season 2? They are already 5 episodes into it in Denmark/Sweden, any word on how good it is?

There are 3 more episodes in the current series of Inspector Montalbano to come first anyway.

TG4 have not yet given a broadcast date for their showing of the first series.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,598 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Don't suppose anyone has a link to S2 episode 6 of the Swedish Bridge? Have found a few online but they all lack subtitles..

For anyone who missed this first time around BBC4 are repeating this over Christmas starting on Monday 23rd.

They are taking a leaf from RTE's book though and are showing late night at around 3.00am.

The Bridge Season 2, starts on BBC4 on Sat, 4/1/14 @ 9.00pm. Usual double episodes.

Looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭DBIreland

This is great news, can't wait.
    Any link?

DBIreland wrote: »
    This is great news, can't wait.
    Any link?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/2014/01/the-bridge.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,896 ✭✭✭dubmick

Pity BBC 4 HD is not yet available on Sky.

9 bells.

Let's do this!

2.01, 2.02

Saga's directness still infuses proceedings. I loved how her meeting again with Martin began with a smile, and yes, I noticed his hair, too! His emotional scars weigh heavily, particularly as he's trying to ditch his support system, but I think the relationship with Saga, bumps and all, will keep him grounded, mostly.

Not sure what's up with sailing boat maths test girl? Wonder if the anarchists (Anonymous given the video style) are on their own (everyone in the episode was answerable to someone be it the police or bully), or if someone's funding them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Enjoyed it again. Interesting that they are allowing us seethe perpetrators from early on, it will be interesting to see if there is another movement or backer behind them.

That girl was the girl sailing when the ship ran aground early on and her father had the video footage of the dinghy, I think.

A few eerie bits, the smile from Jens was chilling. Last series I actually figured it was him shortly after his introduction. I just that there was some focus on him without any real link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

I think there is someone behind the terrorists, if I remember correctly Niklas asked the group if they had been instructed to carry out their latest attack.

Great return to the show, it really flew by. Love Saga trying to be normal, her laugh is hilarious. Great character development with Martin as well, he has often played second fiddle to Saga but his character's journey over the season should be really interesting. His sobbing in the car really highlighted how far away he is from being at peace.

The fact we know the perpetrators already is in an interesting approach, but as I have stated above I believe there is someone else behind it. Will be interesting to see how the girl and her father are involved in the story.

All in all, a great return to the series. I thought it might struggle with dealing with the aftermath of August's death but they have done a great job of setting up the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Forgotten just how good Broen is,true tour de force.

Saga and Martin's relationship is well written and acted.Saga's Asperger's like personality is brilliant,her attempts to act normal are hilarious. As in season 1 she has no great interest in doing anything with her current boyfriend except having sex.

One suspects that behind the anti globalisation motives of the group as always hide a more deeply personal agenda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

brian_t wrote: »
    For anyone who missed this first time around BBC4 are repeating this over Christmas starting on Monday 23rd.

They are taking a leaf from RTE's book though and are showing late night at around 3.00am.

I missed this when it was first aired.
    Recorded the 1st season over the Christmas, just finished watching it today,
    Really enjoyed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Watched entire first series and first 2 parts of second series over 2 days. Fantastic, didn't like the ending of series one much, just seemed a bit silly on the bridge, but otherwise, loved every minute. Haven't seen US or UK remake, does it have as many negative outcomes as the original I wonder. The getting there in the nick of time stuff in Sweden/Denmark version didn't happen very often.

Actually only other gripe I have with first series was subtitling. Big long swathes of conversation would be completely ignored, like they couldn't be arsed writing it all. This series seems better from that pov.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Actually only other gripe I have with first series was subtitling. Big long swathes of conversation would be completely ignored, like they couldn't be arsed writing it all. This series seems better from that pov.
    That might depend on where you got the subtitles from. The BBC broadcast version has very good english subtitles.

DeepBlue wrote: »
    That might depend on where you got the subtitles from. The BBC broadcast version has very good english subtitles.

Watched first series on netflix, small yellow subtitles, watching series 2 on BBC and you are right they are a lot better.

2.03, 2.04

Pretty good - kept things progressing. A little deeper into the anarchist rabbit hole, but not really. Kids always find out the worst way, now Linus is completely alone. They can lay on Saga's mannerisms a little heavily at times, essentially in every scene where she's not in police mode (handy autospy skills, btw), but at least her boyfriend had a Who t-shirt, plus the lift banter around Martin's relationship advice was fun. Laura always had a target on her back. Sometimes I get confused about who at police HQ is Swedish or Danish. The guy who got pepper sprayed - he's from..? I liked Martin's meetings with Jens, both brief, but effective and I liked how he seemed to flip things a little in the second one.

Breast implants? Really?

Definite overkill on Saga's robotic like personality although it was quite touching when she comforted Linus after reassuring him he was'nt responsible for Niklas's death.
    Have no idea how Saga's boyfriend puts up with her,the sex must be red hot because she fails to connect with him on any kind of an emotional level.
    Main storyline is pottering along,not entirely riveting.I wish Martin would get back together with Mette,appears he does'nt want to jeopardise any reunion by getting involved with his work colleague.
    Some birthday present...the breast implants.It might be every girls dream in California,not so sure an attractive young Danish wife wishing to be gifted same by her crass husband!

• Advertisement

Agree about previous comment, I found it very touching when Linus hugged Saga, is that the last we will see of him I wonder, seemed to put a lot of effort into his backstory with the w*nkers at his school.

More than happy with how the story is moving along, its great television.

Off topic but there is an excellent Welsh police drama on BBC Wales (for anyone who can get it on satellite or Iplayer) called Hinterland. It is definitely aiming for the Scandinavian type feel, with some seriously lovely views of Aberystwyth, they are one off stories so although last week was first one, easy enough to get the who's who. In English and Welsh. On tonight from 9pm.

Back on Topic. Link to Guardian blog didn't work from previous post, here's blog for episodes 3 and 4
    http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2014/jan/11/bridge-recap-series-two-episodes-three-four

Advertisement