Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "I should have left the credit card at home" thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Raam wrote: »
    This is easy to get around. Just do it. Worst that can happen is that she divorces you.

It would be cheaper just to keep buying stuff from cycling websites than pay divorce settlement plus maintenance for three kids. Plus, I am rather fond of my wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Lumen wrote: »
    Or "I didn't shave my legs. The pressure from my firehose-like veins forced out all the hairs".

That happen to you too? :eek:

ROK ON wrote: »
    It would be cheaper just to keep buying stuff from cycling websites than pay divorce settlement plus maintenance for three kids. Plus, I am rather fond of my wife.

Get some priorities man!
    Which is more important, looking Euro on your bike or living happily ever after?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭lukester

You have your justification right there, the amount you'll save from not getting divorced and paying maintenance you can funnel into cycling over several years. You just need to be strategic about how and when to spend.

lukester wrote: »
    You have your justification right there, the amount you'll save from not getting divorced and paying maintenance you can funnel into cycling over several years. You just need to be strategic about how and when to spend.

Also you can now better justify time spent in front of the mirror.

"Just checking out the veins and muscles in my legs dear"

Come on, everyone here does it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Seriously.. lets make boards an official cycling club and send an email to all online retailers that we want a 10% off everything, it would work!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,001 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Raam wrote: »
    Also you can now better justify time spent in front of the mirror.

"Just checking out the veins and muscles in my legs dear"

Come on, everyone here does it.

Yeah baby!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Now all I need is some nice new white shoes and matching pedals for the complete look (oh, and shave the legs - but wife has siad that she is simply not prepared to accept that).

Why? Because you'll have smoother legs than her? Or she's not prepared to share the ladyshave?:)

I don't care how addicted I get I'm never shaving my legs!!! (mostly because I'll never be fast enough for it to matter)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Jawgap wrote: »
    ...because I'll never be fast enough for it to matter

That's not why cyclists shave their legs.

I don't care how addicted I get I'm never shaving my legs!!! (mostly because I'll never be fast enough for it to matter)

I imagine most leg-shavers felt the same way once :)

• Advertisement

Don't be so sure........as someone recently divorced (nothing to do with cycling - that came after the separation) I can tell you some months expenditure on cycling runs not a million miles behind the maintenance payments!!

Of course if I was still married I'd be able to afford more stuff, but as it was the current Mrs Jawgap who got me into cycling, it's unlikely I'd actually be cycling (if that makes sense!)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Shaving legs has nothing whatsoever to do with speed, ultimately it is entirely down to aesthetics although there are a lot of poor excuses related to road rash in case of a crash etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,001 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

blorg wrote: »
    Shaving legs has nothing whatsoever to do with speed, ultimately it is entirely down to aesthetics although there are a lot of poor excuses related to road rash in case of a crash etc.

Or for people receiving professional sports massage at least once a day.

el tonto wrote: »
    That's not why cyclists shave their legs.

OK, I'll bite - why do they shave their legs?

I thought it was to do with cutting down air resistance, but I've also read that that's only psychological (cyclelogical:)?) - it give a sense of speed without actually increasing speed.

Is it something more to do with comfort?

I thought it was to do with cutting down air resistance, but I've also read that that's only psychological (cyclelogical:)?) - it give a sense of speed without actually increasing speed.

It's just what you do.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Nothing to do with aerodynamics. Makes cleaning wounds and changing dressings after crashes much easier.

If you are getting massages, it also helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

I'm there dude. On Sunday I will be on an English designed bike, with Japanese groupset, US cycling shoes, wearing the Giro jersey, campag shorts and Colnago gloves.

(BTW, the Colnago gloves are the best I have worn and I have tried a hell of a lot of gloves).

Where you get the gloves and which ones? Am in the market for a good set!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Right my 2 jerseys have been sent back to Probikekit, so that means I will have €112 credit on my CC.
    Since the boss knows there is a transaction for the €112 already on it, and she doesn't know I've sent them back, I NEED to spend the €112 now, before it gets credited back ;)

I want 2 jerseys, help me find them, don't like anything on CRC or Wiggle, & PBK doesn't seem to have XXL's in anything I like. Anyone any ideas of other online retailers? Looking for nice team jerseys.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

lafors wrote: »
    Right my 2 jerseys have been sent back to Probikekit, so that means I will have €112 credit on my CC.
    Since the boss knows there is a transaction for the €112 already on it, and she doesn't know I've sent them back, I NEED to spend the €112 now, before it gets credited back ;)

I want 2 jerseys, help me find them, don't like anything on CRC or Wiggle, & PBK doesn't seem to have XXL's in anything I like. Anyone any ideas of other online retailers? Looking for nice team jerseys.

http://prendas.co.uk/

el tonto wrote: »
    Nothing to do with aerodynamics. Makes cleaning wounds and changing dressings after crashes much easier.

If you are getting massages, it also helps.

Interesting!

I always thought it was to do with drag, in the same way swimmers depilate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

alfalad wrote: »
    Where you get the gloves and which ones? Am in the market for a good set!

I bought the Colnago gloves last summer in Cycleogical. €40notes.

I have used gloves from Campag, Assos and Castelli.

Assos - I like their stuff, the gloves a re a joke IMHO.

Colnago gloves have great gel padding. Have been washed tons of time, and still feel great. Well worth the 40 yoyo's I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

I bought the Colnago gloves last summer in Cycleogical. €40notes.

I have used gloves from Campag, Assos and Castelli.

Assos - I like their stuff, the gloves a re a joke IMHO.

Colnago gloves have great gel padding. Have been washed tons of time, and still feel great. Well worth the 40 yoyo's I think.

Cheers ROK ON, much and all as it pains me to buy something in there i'll have a look at lunch time!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,723 ✭✭✭kennyb3

anyone any idea what size jersey i would need if i am 5ft 8/9 and weigh about 11 and half stone (bit tubby). just i like this

http://prendas.co.uk/details.asp?ID=2360

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭rottenhat

Medium if you like them formfitting, Large if you prefer something a little looser.

Hrm, orders I put in on Monday with CRC are still processing. Maybe they're overwhelmed with lots of WW200 last minute orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Dónal wrote: »
    Hrm, orders I put in on Monday with CRC are still processing. Maybe they're overwhelmed with lots of WW200 last minute orders.

same! that or fair weather cyclists all ordering stuff i guess...

I ordered Monday around 4pm and it was set to processed by Tuesday after lunch. I'd ping them an email.

lukester wrote: »
    I ordered Monday around 4pm and it was set to processed by Tuesday after lunch. I'd ping them an email.

set to processed? so did your's ship?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

Dónal wrote: »

CRC do ship things before updating the website sometimes. I've had one arrive before the website changed. Compared to Wiggle that are great for things like that. Still waiting on my Wiggle order from Sunday. Here is hoping it arrives before the weekend as I really need the new brake pads :(

• Advertisement

i got my wiggle order from sunday today, though i did go with their priority shipping lark wanted stuff for the W200 and potential 5 days before shipping would have ruined that

Advertisement