Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garda Recruitment - Stage 1a(1) - The Aptitude Test

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭greydiamond

Anyone do it today at 10?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Bohs123

Thanks congrats to you too!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Bohs123

popsypya wrote: »
    Brilliant, well done:)
    Thanks congrats to you too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

congratz on passing the appy test, over the first hurdle :)

enjoy the weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭The Dude 87

Happy days everyone passed stage 1 and very well placed!!! :D:D Congrats to everyone else who passed it:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 tevezrooney

Passed the test. Just wondering, about how many people are in batch 1 in total.?

Passed the test. Just wondering, about how many people are in batch 1 in total.?

I estimate about 450 -500 for batch 1 including the saturday session!! Well done by the way!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 becks4bucks

got some shock - checked out boards.ie and found ye all talking about passing - only did my test on saturday so wasn't expecting results for another week. congrats to all who have passed. Roll on the interview - - has this any influence in the greater scheme of things?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

got some shock - checked out boards.ie and found ye all talking about passing - only did my test on saturday so wasn't expecting results for another week. congrats to all who have passed. Roll on the interview - - has this any influence in the greater scheme of things?

Higher you are placed, sooner you will get your interview.

Thing is, we don't usually post what place we got, it makes you easy to identify, and you never know who is reading. I don't think it;s a rule though, so it's up to you really.

cheers oj - wasn't thinking straight about the batch no. and giving it out - new to all this - i hope your not suggesting that it may go against me in some way?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,631 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

cheers oj - wasn't thinking straight about the batch no. and giving it out - new to all this - i hope your not suggesting that it may go against me in some way?

Yes it can. It is not advisable to give out any information that could identify you to anyone. If you would like me to remove it, just say the word.

psni wrote: »
    Yes it can. It is not advisable to give out any information that could identify you to anyone. If you would like me to remove it, just say the word.
    please remove it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

As PSNI says, it could, but as long as you won't do anything stupid like this fool you shouldn't worry about it. But, better safe than sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭horse1

Hi all, just got my results ther. passed. im delighted. second attempt at the aptitude. if it wasnt for everyone on this thread i dont think i would have done it. everyones information has been very helpful. congrats to everyone else that passed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Ladyt

horse1 wrote: »
    Hi all, just got my results ther. passed. im delighted. second attempt at the aptitude. if it wasnt for everyone on this thread i dont think i would have done it. everyones information has been very helpful. congrats to everyone else that passed

well done on passing the aptitude test roll on the interviews best of luck with them:)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 kc12

Just got my results and I was just wondering some things...

Was placed in the mid 40s.. is this good (dont know how big batch is)??
    and if so will I get an interview quicker??

And when will i need to complete the form B??
    Thanks and congrats to all other passers.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,631 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

please remove it

Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 jdq

Congrats to all who passed here, did mine this week, went ok apart from the analytical reasoning. practiced loads, thought I had my head around it but it just didnt go well on the day. Ah well, 6 months it is then! :mad::rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Haz33

jdq wrote: »
    Congrats to all who passed here, did mine this week, went ok apart from the analytical reasoning. practiced loads, thought I had my head around it but it just didnt go well on the day. Ah well, 6 months it is then! :mad::rolleyes:.

Is that your result or are you just being a bit negative?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 jdq

Not my result, I am being negative but at the same time put it this way, only answered about 20, maybe less. Lost track of time and didnt give myself a chance to go over ones that I left out. Sick!
    How did you find that section when you did it? I'm hoping maybe its not as bad as I think - reckon I did ok on the other sections (although these are less quantifiable until you get a result)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭RandomPunter82

Hey Everyone

Got my results, can't belive they came so quick, passed anyway - did very well, can't believe it!

Congrats to everyone!! Bring on the Interview!!!

:):D:):D:):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 daisey

hey all fair play to all that past unfortunately i failed :o ah well hopefully i will be successful next time round best of luck to everyone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 padlad88

Hey all I haldnt realised I got my message until I seen everyone talkin about it!i passed thank god...will everyoe in batch one be called for interview before the end of the summer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 dottie

Just realized results are out - passed and am delighted:D:D:D

Congrats to everyone that passed so far :D. Sorry to hear bout those who didn't!!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭goouch

PASSED

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭horse1

congrats goouch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭Murphy(Cork)

Passed, delighted!!!

Well done every1!!

Roll on stage 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭widget64

Congrats to everyone thats passed.....;)

I have my test 12.30 tomorrow.......aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭sfhawke7w

i was out sick yesterday and am i delighted i came into work this morning. passed! happy days! now more forms!!

well done to everyone and to thos who didn't , better luck next time, you know what to expect.

Advertisement