Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

eBay

Options
  • 03-04-2007 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to sell on eBay without owning a credit card?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

I'm pretty sure you can't. I'd say the guys in online buying will know more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

Yes but you'd better be sure to cash the cheques in before posting on the goods.

Lots of people (me included) only buy items that we can pay for via paypal as it's more secure all round and is quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Yes, but not easily. Online Buying & Auctions will give you more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

No, you cant

U have to register a valid credit card and bank account to open a sellers account

You need a cred card to open a buyers account but there's bold ways around that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

You'll need a credit card to pay your eBay selling fees, better off all round. You'll be protected and so will the buyer.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Is it possible to sell on eBay without owning a credit card?

As far as I know it is.
    http://pages.ebay.ie/help/buy/payment.html

Giving buyers the option of a bank transfer is handy (for the seller) as you don't have to give Paypal a couple of percent of the cost of the item you're selling. However the buyer then doesn't have the credit card protection if the buyer doesn't ship the item. Paypal protection is useless. If you're using Paypal make sure it's with a credit card so if the buyer stuffs up and won't refund and then Paypal won't refund or will only refund a percentage (they say they've got £500 protection but I had a case recently where Paypal accepted that I hadn't received the items but would only refund me €100 out of my €400 paid) you can contact your credit card company to get the rest back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

you can get a 3v card

Advertisement