Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BOOK READERS - What are you looking forward to in Season 4 - SPOILERS!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Lysa Arryn / Sansa scene - you know
    Blay wrote: »
    Podrick is still alive, Brienne isn't bothered about her own life..she even offers to die if Podrick can live and bring her bones to Tarth. She wouldn't have shouted sword and then went after Jaime if they didn't let Podrick live.

There's nobody with her that knows the truth about Jorah, Barristan wasn't there when they discussed it in S1 and never sat on the SC by his own admission.

We dont know if Podrick is dead or not though. What we do know is that stoneheart hung a twelve year old boy because of his association with the Lannisters. Pretty ****ty by any standard. I never really liked Cat anyway, always came across as a bit of a bitch to me, Stoneheart is probably gonna be ten times worse!

Jorah has to be sent away. Wonder how they're gonna do it. Barristan did sit on the small council though, did he deny this in the show?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,428 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Jon Snow - Election
    Nerdlingr wrote: »
    We dont know if Podrick is dead or not though. What we do know is that stoneheart hung a twelve year old boy because of his association with the Lannisters. Pretty ****ty by any standard. I never really liked Cat anyway, always came across as a bit of a bitch to me, Stoneheart is probably gonna be ten times worse!

Jorah has to be sent away. Wonder how they're gonna do it. Barristan did sit on the small council though, did he deny this in the show?

The fact that Brienne actually goes to get Jaime and brig him back implies that they have something over her to ensure she actually comes back i.e Podrick. She tries to bargain her life for his, if he was already dead she'd get the sword and attempt to kill LS or just leave and not return with Jaime.

Yeah he says it when talking to Jorah. He wasn't there in the episode where they discuss Dany. He says Robert didn't let him sit in on it because he killed 12 of Robert's friends in the rebellion. In the books Ned uses that as an example of how an enemy can become a friend at the SC meeting where they discuss Dany.

It will have to be someone else or it won't happen at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭turnikett1

I can't wait for the Mountain/Oberyn scene. Gotta say that was probably my favourite part of book 4! I don't remember enjoying book 4 that much as a whole to be honest...

The fact that Brienne actually goes to get Jaime and brig him back implies that they have something over her to ensure she actually comes back i.e Podrick. She tries to bargain her life for his, if he was already dead she'd get the sword and attempt to kill LS or just leave and not return with Jaime.

Yeah he says it when talking to Jorah. He wasn't there in the episode where they discuss Dany. He says Robert didn't let him sit in on it because he killed 12 of Robert's friends in the rebellion. In the books Ned uses that as an example of how an enemy can become a friend at the SC meeting where they discuss Dany.

It will have to be someone else or it won't happen at all.

Yeah, they must have some leverage over Brienne in order for her to go after Jaime I suppose. Still doesnt take away from the fact Stoneheart was willing to hang a 12 year old boy! :p

Had a look at that scene last night. Jorah is very shifty in it, hadnt noticed it the first time. And Barristen says he didnt sit on the Council alright. So how will they 'out' Jorah? One of my favourite part of the books was his banishment the poor f*cker, being depressed, finding Tyrion, getting the sh*te kicked out of him, his demon tattoo and trying to make his way back to the Queen he loves!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

Oberyn / Mountain scene - you know!
    I've been quite disappointed in this season so far especially after last night. I've loved the show up until this season too :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Yeah, they must have some leverage over Brienne in order for her to go after Jaime I suppose. Still doesnt take away from the fact Stoneheart was willing to hang a 12 year old boy! :p
    Dondarrion said that each time he was brought back he lost a piece of himself. He was brought back almost instantly. Catelyn was dead for three days. It's likely that her overriding emotion now is one of revenge and there is little (if any) of the Catelyn left who would care about justice/compassion.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Kunkka wrote: »
    I've been quite disappointed in this season so far especially after last night. I've loved the show up until this season too :(

Really??? The first two episodes were action-packed!

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

Really??? The first two episodes were action-packed!

I used to be counting the days before each episode now I'm not really bothered at all to be honest. Still enjoy them but not at the same level as before. The stuff with Jaime & the Hound really pissed me off as they are two of my favorite characters in the books.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭bopper

Stannis & Wildlings / The Wall

People love Jamie and the Hound despite them doing much worse so I'm not sure why it's so hard to believe that people can like the Stoneheart character!

bopper wrote: »
    People love Jamie and the Hound despite them doing much worse so I'm not sure why it's so hard to believe that people can like the Stoneheart character!

Well she has only about two scenes in the book. One is coming back to life and the other is hanging Podrick and Brienne (two fan 'favourites'). I believe that people can like her, but what I've seen of her so far in the books, I think she's a stonehearted zombie bitch! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Regarding Mormonts banishment, I imagine they might have him try kiss Danerys and she ll banish him for that and declaring his love for her. He kisses (or tries to) in the books and we ve already seen how the writers are happy to move things around.

As for Lady Stoneheart, something occurred to me. Will they reveal her hanging a frey that nobody knows or cares about? We havent come across too many in the tv series so having her show up and hanging a nobody might be less jae dropping. Wonder if they ll re work it or make the victim someone we already know.

Owryan wrote: »
    Regarding Mormonts banishment, I imagine they might have him try kiss Danerys and she ll banish him for that and declaring his love for her. He kisses (or tries to) in the books and we ve already seen how the writers are happy to move things around.
    Maybe I'm having a brain fart but didn't Jorah at one stage ask Dani to marry him? When did that happen (if it did) in the books and where is that now in relation to the show time? I thought it had already happened and she rebuffed him :confused:

The books and show are now starting to merge so much that I find it hard to remember what is going on and keep track of all the timelines!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Jon Snow - Election
    Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Maybe I'm having a brain fart but didn't Jorah at one stage ask Dani to marry him?

You are not wrong.

From Wiki.
    Jorah finally makes his move, kissing Daenerys when they are alone. He confesses his love and repeatedly suggests they marry, but she always refuses. Although Dany still treasures Jorah's friendship and advice, his advances begin to make her uncomfortable.

Jorah should be banished from Daenerys' counsel at the end of this season.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    You are not wrong.

From Wiki.

Jorah should be banished from Daenerys' counsel at the end of this season.
    Thanks for that. If my memory serves me correctly, Dani finds out about both Jorah and Barristan's betrayal's just before they take Mereen. Jorah's betrayal is unforgivable because he was actively spying on Dani and sending information back to Westeros, just so he could get a pardon. Barristan's betrayal is less cutting because while he spied on her, he only did it to find out if she was someone he could serve and he had nothing to gain from it. To punish them both for lying, she sends them into the sewers.

So the marriage proposal from Jorah must've come before this but wasn't shown in the show? Or is there still time?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Jon Snow - Election
    Paddy Cow wrote: »
    So the marriage proposal from Jorah must've come before this but wasn't shown in the show? Or is there still time?

Ya the marriage proposal was early enough in book 3 I think.

Wasn't it in the cabin on a ship voyage or something.

After the sewers thing, she forgave Barriston, and wanted to forgive Jorah, but his attitude at the time put her off, he was insistent that she owed him for all he had done for her.

Jon Snow - Election
    I don't know if they'll even do the whole Jorah thing, if they intended to it would have cost them nothing to put Barristan in the Small Council meeting back in S1 since he was in that episode later anyway.

I don't think they want to put a character like Jorah who is popular with the fans on the backburner until he meets Tyrion. They tend to keep the popular guys on screen which is why Bronn will be going to the RL with Jaime instead of just fading into the background.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I don't know if they'll even do the whole Jorah thing, if they intended to it would have cost them nothing to put Barristan in the Small Council meeting back in S1 since he was in that episode later anyway.

I don't think they want to put a character like Jorah who is popular with the fans on the backburner until he meets Tyrion. They tend to keep the popular guys on screen which is why Bronn will be going to the RL with Jaime instead of just fading into the background.

He'll definitely be banished at some point imo, I don't think they'd want to miss out on him and Tyrion getting together.

According to the episode summaries, Brienne and Podrick begin their "journey" in episode 7.

Considering what they did to Jamie's character in the last episode, who is a lot more popular than Lord Friendzone, I wouldn't hold too much hope for a redemption.

Is he that popular? For me he's one of the more forgettable characters. Littlefinger is far more memorable than him and he was absent for the last four episodes of series 2.

• Advertisement

Jon Snow - Election
    Is he that popular? For me he's one of the more forgettable characters. Littlefinger is far more memorable than him and he was absent for the last four episodes of series 2.

The non-readers seem to like him, over on Westeros.org at least. He's quite prominent in the show, look at all the 'Friendzone level 100' memes etc. that came out last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Jorah is one of my favourite characters in the tv show, how can't you like him?

Though I'm not a big fan of john snow in the show so what do I know

Oranage2 wrote: »

I don't dislike him, I just personally wouldn't notice if he was missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

I don't dislike him, I just personally wouldn't notice if he was missing.

Are you...... Danaerys?

Oranage2 wrote: »

I loved Jon in the show. He had his faults and was a right whiney little sh!t and bully when he first when to Castle Black but after a few conversations with his uncle and Tyrion he turned it around and became a decent guy. In the show he comes across as a moody, brooding teenager who is quite annoying. He is starting to improve though.

Most of the characters have come across in the show exactly how I imagined them in the books. Jon is an exception and I'm happy to say, so is Davros. I found him kinda meh in the books and wasn't too pushed about him one way or another but I love him in the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,146 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I'd definitely agree on Ser Davos. I found him ok in the books but Liam Cunningham's performance has elevated him into a much more central character in the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Second half of ASOS is by quite a margin the best bit of the series thus far so I really hope they do it justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Lady Spangles

Tyrion and Tywin. Not sure if we're allowed to actually discuss the books here, so I'll leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Tyrion and Tywin. Not sure if we're allowed to actually discuss the books here, so I'll leave it at that.

This is a book readers thread so you can discuss them to your hearts content.. Regarding that scene, I wonder if he'll actually be riding Shae or will she even be there?
    Bronn told Tyrion he was certain she was gone away on that ship, why would he lie? I'm sure something will be different about that scene but I've no clue what.
    I will miss Tywin though, he's such a clever bástard, such a príck, such a legend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Non readers don't really have much to talk about during the off season whereas we can be discussing the new Gregor, Oberyn etc. They just live episode to episode.

But yeah I prefer the non reader threads too, a lot more discussion goes on in them. The reader threads tend to be 'That is/isn't how I imagined that scene' etc.

I'd say the nights king/land of always winter scene changed your mind on that.

Advertisement