Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet TV Dongle - No Remote.

• 22-04-2014 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have just got a present of a Justop k9, internet telly thingy. it plugs in to tv and and i can see the home page/screen but i dont have a remote to do anything with it. Any ideas on how i can achieve this? Have an S3 phone, and any remote things i see online say i need to ROOT. Havent a bulls notion what that means. Not technical so if its a bit of a task i'll just leave it.
    Also the TV is a Sony Bravia. Not smart bout two years old

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Deco99 wrote: »
    Hi, I have just got a present of a Justop k9, internet telly thingy. it plugs in to tv and and i can see the home page/screen but i dont have a remote to do anything with it. Any ideas on how i can achieve this? Have an S3 phone, and any remote things i see online say i need to ROOT. Havent a bulls notion what that means. Not technical so if its a bit of a task i'll just leave it.
    Also the TV is a Sony Bravia. Not smart bout two years old

Wireless mouse plugged into USB port should give you a way to navigate. Or buy an Airmouse (loads of cheap ones from China)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

You can use droidmote on your phone as a remote but you'll need mouse to get it installed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

I looked in to droid mote a bit. Ive to get the server section onto the justop and the other side on my phone. It says that I need to root the device. Ive read if you dont know what your doing you can brick the devices. I dunno what that it but sounds risky and above my expertise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

I've got XBMC on my TV box.
    Then I installed Yatse on my phone.

You can send video (from some apps) from your phone to XBMC.
    If you have videos on your network somewhere you can configure XBMC to use it as a source.
    Finally Yatse can be used as a remote when you're playing video on it.

On my box about 99% of my usage is through XBMC. I have a remote but having the widget on the phone (for play / pause / forward / rewind) is handy as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Plug in a usb mouse till you get the remote working. You may need an otg cable for it to work tho. Still better than staring at the home screen til you get the remote.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

looked into upgrading firmware and more for a bit and thats something i wont be able to tackle. Maybe a dumb question but would a usb mouse work with and an android tv plug in thing, mini PC i think its called. Also might be cheeky but could someone pass on a link to an example plug in USB mouse. sounds stupid but i looked at a few today and they were all for windows 7.

Advertisement