Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

July 2014 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Awww that's so lovely, I keep saying baby Merkin was made out of love so Im with you totally on the sappiness! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Merkin wrote: »
    Awww that's so lovely, I keep saying baby Merkin was made out of love so Im with you totally on the sappiness! :P

Me and Mr. Bear tend not to dwell on what Abigail was made with... not all of it was very "loving" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

hope everyone is keeping well been a while since i was here, stupid work keeping me off the internet :D

All is well with me right on track baby is flying it and head down, would just be perfect if SHE :) stayed that way

was in hospital for my anti d injection yesterday and had my GTT a few weeks ago which was clear thank god.....

im ready to give up work now dont know will i last much longer, so busy at the moment between doing my normal work, mixed with a bit of my own study and im also head of research for my boss as she is doing a massive project for the HSE as the moment as well as try to run a house and mind a 1.5yr old toddler... im praying some days that my BP would be up so my GP would sign me off work no sign of that happening though and all the way through my 1st pregnancy it was high... sorry for rambling on xx xx

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭dizzymiss

How many weeks are you Betsie? Could you not just ask your gp to sign you off?

Im sitting here having my gtt. First blood test done with 2 to go.

29+1 i could ask him i suppose might have a chat with him have app next week,

i had my GTT a few weeks ago it so boaring and the lucozade for breakfast yuck !!!!

• Advertisement

29+1 i could ask him i suppose might have a chat with him have app next week,

i had my GTT a few weeks ago it so boaring and the lucozade for breakfast yuck !!!!

I had to finish up at 30 weeks last time because of sciatica and a bad back. I couldnt walk or drive anywhere so it was a very long wait. Thankfully so far my back/sciatica arent giving any trouble so I hope to try and get to 34 weeks. That said, I wouldn't mibd being at home this time, getting to spend the time with my other babe.

They dont use lucozade in galway, it's a sickly sweet clear fluid. But the heartburn is killer because im starving. Only 25 mins to go though.

Glucose water is it? we use that here in work for patients who havnt eaten before treatment and pass out on us, its rotten stuff, heartburn is a killer anyway but not eating oesnt help, get yourself something nice when your finished :)

would love to spend some quality time with my LG before number 2 arrives

Luckily it would seem I don't have to get this done (thank the heavens, because needles make me feel like provoking someone into murdering me just to avoid hearing the sterile packet opening :o

I got my 28 week bloods done, they found out I'm very anaemic, and now I am on iron tablets. The good news is that I have boundless amounts of energy. The bad news is, I have gotten so used to being able to do nothing except sit on my bum, that I don't really want to do anything except sit on my bum! I have a reem of college work to finish by Monday, and I'm supposed to be studying for exams AND trying to get the house in order AND preparing for the baby coming.
    29 weeks now and it's starting to get scary!

its so hard to get yourself motivated to do stuff, home stretch now 3rd trimester the tirdness kicks in again ( not that it ever left) sha sha you might find the iron will give you more energy after taking it for a while x

its so hard to get yourself motivated to do stuff, home stretch now 3rd trimester the tirdness kicks in again ( not that it ever left) sha sha you might find the iron will give you more energy after taking it for a while x

Making a list of college assignments that I need to have done now and just going to try and concentrate on one at a time. It's procrastination central here with crochet, Disney movies, washing clothes that don't even need to be washed!

• Advertisement

do you want to come to my house sha sha and do all my washing thats building up on me coz im too lazy to do it when i get in from work :D disney movies are always on in our house so you would be grand :)

do you want to come to my house sha sha and do all my washing thats building up on me coz im too lazy to do it when i get in from work :D disney movies are always on in our house so you would be grand :)

I love washing clothes when the weather is good, I get a thrill out of ironing too - I'm very meticulous like that!

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    I love washing clothes when the weather is good, I get a thrill out of ironing too - I'm very meticulous like that!

move in please :) i hate ironing with a passion,

girls im cripples the last few nights, when i lie down i get an awful pain in my hips/pelvis i cant turn over without pain so im not sleeping great, didnt have anything like this with my 1st :(

girls im cripples the last few nights, when i lie down i get an awful pain in my hips/pelvis i cant turn over without pain so im not sleeping great, didnt have anything like this with my 1st :(

I had terrible hip pain with my first pregnancy and it has recently started again with this one. So annoying not being able to get comfortable. Bed, one of my most favourite of places, becomes a place im not bothered about going. Spent a lot of time sleeping on the armchair.

Feeling pretty rubbish today. Nauseous, hot, sore & tired. Night duty is taking it's toll!!!

You poor girl. Are you anywhere near a Mothercare? This pillow is wonderful and should really help support you as you get bigger and it supports as you turn also, definitely worth trying!

https://www.mothercare.ie/dreamgenii-pregnancy-and-feeding-support-pillow.html

no where near mother care:( i have a v pillow and a body pillow that im trying to use to make myself comfortable but not really working, guess its just that time in the pregnancy where i have to start slowing down xx

hope you get some rest dizzymiss x night duty and pregnancy much suck x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

what kind of mattresses are you sleeping on? I'm very comfortable in my bed on memory foam mattress and sleep like a baby until baby himself wakes up early in the morning and starts kicking (ungrateful little bastard!).
    I don't have any weird shaped pillows and not planning wasting my money on one.
    We were visiting my OH brother few weeks ago and stayed in his place overnight. We had to sleep on basic sprung mattress - oh my, that was some torture! I couldn't make myself comfortable for hours felt tired the next day and my OH woke up with the back pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rua1

Must say the same about the mattresses! We went for a babymoon to Lanzarote, and the mattresses there were fairly hard. I had a lot of hip pain and ended up having to sit down a lot when out for a walk as the pain was so bad. Our mattress at home is about a year old or so, and was expensive enough (although I've never slept in a more comfortable bed), and I now have no issues with hip pain, unless I decide to walk over 10kms or so a couple of days in a row.....

Getting very bad pains in my ribs at my back (left side) if I am sitting still for too long, and sometimes in the car. Was told it could just be baby's bum or legs - but BOY is it uncomfortable!

• Advertisement

Same here but the pain is the right side. I wouldn't call pain it's more discomfort than pain. I have to sit to study for my exams and it drives me nuts! I wrap my ribcage with elastic band, it helps but I can't wear it for long time.

j@utis wrote: »
    Same here but the pain is the right side. I wouldn't call pain it's more discomfort than pain. I have to sit to study for my exams and it drives me nuts! I wrap my ribcage with elastic band, it helps but I can't wear it for long time.

I wouldn't even have the space for wrapping as my bump is very big and starts right under my boobs, but I'm not sure I'd find the restriction comfortable.
    It's actually pain with me, sometimes very sore but bearable, other times I end up crying trying to relieve it!

i have an good memory foam mattress find it great up until now,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Sorry, I'm totally butting in here.. I was on the Due July 2012 thread, just can't believe there is a July 2014 thread (in other words I'll soon have a 2yr old), but there you go.

Congrats ladies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

The shape of my bump these days is just plain weird! Pretty much all above my belly button. Oh to have a lovely rounded attractive bump!!!! I know I'm doing well if the shape of my bump is the worst of my complaints these days :)

Ocean Blue wrote: »
    The shape of my bump these days is just plain weird! Pretty much all above my belly button. Oh to have a lovely rounded attractive bump!!!! I know I'm doing well if the shape of my bump is the worst of my complaints these days :)

My bump is very like that too (I'd show you but I'm in college with no pictures). I've been told it's because I'm carrying a boy...

:rolleyes: It's a girl.

That's not weird at all Ocean, you have a lovely neat high bump! Are you having a girl? It's beautiful!

My bump is HUGE. :eek: Baby Merkin is stretched out like a little Adonis, reclining for all he is worth in between rugby kicks and play. Lovely for him but I definitely do not have a graceful, neat little bump - I'm like a circus elephant and my bump is very wide and large. All for a good cause though! :)

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    ... I've been told it's because I'm carrying a boy...
    My answer to anyone saying anything like that is Witchcraft!
    Merkin show us your bump!
    I only have pic that's 1.5wk old, my bump is much bigger now than it was then (ignore the freak in the background):
    Bumpandpadraig-vi_zps79d1db72.jpg

Merkin wrote: »
    That's not weird at all Ocean, you have a lovely neat high bump! Are you having a girl? It's beautiful!

My bump is HUGE. :eek: Baby Merkin is stretched out like a little Adonis, reclining for all he is worth in between rugby kicks and play. Lovely for him but I definitely do not have a graceful, neat little bump - I'm like a circus elephant and my bump is very wide and large. All for a good cause though! :)

Gender is a surprise for us but a few people I know think I'm having a girl! I have no clue :) I think of the baby in feminine terms a lot but I think that's just because I'm female (if you know what I mean)!

In day-to-day clothes my bump is clear to see but in my work clothes which are mainly loose (ish) blouses it's still not obvious. It just looks like I'm a little heavier or am wearing an ill fitting top. I'm going to have to start telling people outright from now on or it will seem like I'm trying to hide it :) Darn my massive boobs cos tops just hang down from my bust and mask my bump!!

• Advertisement

j@utis wrote: »
    My answer to anyone saying anything like that is Witchcraft!
    Merkin show us your bump!
    I only have pic that's 1.5wk old, my bump is much bigger now than it was then (ignore the freak in the background):
    Bumpandpadraig-vi_zps79d1db72.jpg

You're very neat as well but with a lower bump!

Advertisement