Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stretch and sweep

• 20-04-2014 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

I'm nearly 37 weeks and have my next midwife clinic appt at 40 weeks. When i was at the clinic last week they mentioned they'd offer me a stretch and sweep if I felt comfortable having it. I understand the theory behind it etc but I totally forgot to ask would I be able to drive after it (if I have it) ? My husband is just beginning to learn to drive so would need to arrange alternative transport. I was just wondering how other people felt after they'd had one done.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

You can drive after a sweep yes. It's just an internal exam really, similar to when you get a smear test.

I was offered one on Friday and they examined me but found that my cervix was not favourable and could not perform the sweep at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deecee1

Thanks for that, just wasn't sure if you'd be too uncomfortable after, first baby so realise the likely hood of being favourable at that stage might not be the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭dizzymiss

deecee1 wrote: »
    Thanks for that, just wasn't sure if you'd be too uncomfortable after, first baby so realise the likely hood of being favourable at that stage might not be the best.

I had a stretch and sweep at forty weeks and swear it is what got me started. My cervix was favourable when she did it also. It is a tad uncomfortable but nithing debilitating. Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

i had one at 40 weeks also i was favourable but it done nothing for me, was uncomfortable but not sore you will be fine to drive (best of luck)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deecee1

Thanks for the replies and putting my mind at ease. Highly doubt I'll be favourable, I'm just back from the g.p. and the baby's heads is nowhere near down yet, got to get the yoga ball out!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

deecee1 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies and putting my mind at ease. Highly doubt I'll be favourable, I'm just back from the g.p. and the baby's heads is nowhere near down yet, got to get the yoga ball out!!

You can be favourable but baby's head still high up :)

Advertisement