Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How much for plumber to install solar system

Options
  • 17-06-2013 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

I am looking to get an idea as to what a plumber would charge to install a system, labour only as I would supply the whole system?

Before I call a few and get quotes be nice if someone could give a heads up first.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

canhefixit wrote: »
    I am looking to get an idea as to what a plumber would charge to install a system, labour only as I would supply the whole system?

Before I call a few and get quotes be nice if someone could give a heads up first.

Thanks

Every job is different. Distance of pipework route, hotpress work needed to be done, roof work. A straightforward job would usually be finished in 1 day for 2 men

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭ccsolar

You should be looking to pay around €700

Day 1.
    Erect scaffolding
    Change cylinder in hotpress
    Assemble panels for fitting.

Day 2.
    Fit panels to roof
    Pipe to hotpress
    Fit pumping station, controller and heat dump.
    All electrical wiring
    Commissioning and sign off
    Remove scaffolding and all rubbish.

It's a 2 man job
    Cc

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭canhefixit

ccsolar wrote: »

Day 1.
    Erect scaffolding

Day 2.
    Fit panels to roof
    Pipe to hotpress
    All electrical wiring

It's a 2 man job
    Cc

Thank you appreciate that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

ccsolar wrote: »

Day 1.
    Erect scaffolding

Day 2.
    Fit panels to roof
    Pipe to hotpress
    All electrical wiring

It's a 2 man job
    Cc
    Completely agree with CC. 2 man job for 2 days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 259 ✭✭corkplumber

700 euro would be a good price. as the erection and removal of scaffolding is a two man job in itself. HSA have guidlines.

700 for the plumbing labour only. i would suggest.

• Advertisement

Yes I would agree. For that client is providing every fitting, copper, insulation, galvanised strapping, slate vents or lead.

Labour would also be subject to VAT @ 13.5%.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 259 ✭✭corkplumber

shane0007 wrote: »
    Yes I would agree. For that client is providing every fitting, copper, insulation, galvanised strapping, slate vents or lead.

Labour would also be subject to VAT @ 13.5%.

subject to survey shane007. also with the client supplying materials. guaranteed to cost him more. Also if hes applying for the grant via the contractor. I do not know many that would take on the job with the client supplying.

As experience tells me. When clients are supplying things do not work out very well, time wise. Id personally be putting a price in for 2 men per day. Taking it from there. Delays can cost the client not me.

subject to survey shane007. also with the client supplying materials. guaranteed to cost him more. Also if hes applying for the grant via the contractor. I do not know many that would take on the job with the client supplying.

As experience tells me. When clients are supplying things do not work out very well, time wise. Id personally be putting a price in for 2 men per day. Taking it from there. Delays can cost the client not me.

Aye, I done one before & I never heard as many swear words coming from client's mouth over price of fittings & copper, etc.

The other consideration is earth bonding in 10mm from hot press to fuse board. Another SEAI stipulation. Separate spur also required, so a good bit of electrics also.

As I say I don't mind labour only but as long as the client realises how much material goes into an install. They soon realise the price for supply & install was not so high after all!

Advertisement