Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you convert your holiday visa to a work visa in Japan?

• 22-05-2012 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Sorry for posting this here, I know it could probably go in the Korea thread but there are so many posts there.

In a nutshell:

I live in China. I love Japan. Can I go to Japan on a holiday visa and convert my holiday visa to a work visa without having to go back to Ireland?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Hi Moderators

Would it be possible to move this to the Japan forum?

Thank you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,102 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Moved from 'Teaching and Lecturing'.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭shindig-jp

Hi all

Sorry for posting this here, I know it could probably go in the Korea thread but there are so many posts there.

In a nutshell:

I live in China. I love Japan. Can I go to Japan on a holiday visa and convert my holiday visa to a work visa without having to go back to Ireland?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

In a nutshell ..... NO.

Your best bet is to apply for an English teaching position to Japan while you are in China and get your sponsorship before arriving in Japan otherwise it's going to be the long haul.

Gaba will sponsor you if you have the right credentials like a BA of sorts along with a TEFL cert should you not had past experience of teaching .

Should you go there on a 90 day visa and find an English teaching job ? the easy and cheapest route is to hit Seoul for a few days for a visa stamp at the Japanese Embassy , then back to Japan with an entry visa to work .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Thank you for your reply, it is much appreciated.

What is the job situation like in Japan at the moment? I have no teaching experience (I'm a student in China) but I do have a M.Sc in Computing.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭shindig-jp

Thank you for your reply, it is much appreciated.

What is the job situation like in Japan at the moment? I have no teaching experience (I'm a student in China) but I do have a M.Sc in Computing.

The M.Sc will do the trick . Check this http://teaching-in-japan.gaba.co.jp/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Check the JET (the Japanese Exchange and Teaching) programme out. You'll get more info on it in the Japanese embassy.

http://www.jetprogramme.org

Advertisement