Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Berrocca Boost or what ?

Options
  • 23-06-2009 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭

anyone know anything better than Berrocca Boost to aid a hectic / busy lifestyle ?

Im using this at the moment and find it fairly good, but just wondering if anyone has come across something better ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Good amount of sleep and a good diet. You'd probably save yourself a fortune money wise aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Twin-go

Cocaine*:D

*Illegal do not use.

Seriously:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

cheers for those useless bits of information, nothing i didnt know already

young family, 33 mile commute to work, go go go at weekends... you can get all the sleep you like, and eat healthy/excercise but it does help to have a good supplement for that bit of energy top up

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

alibabba wrote: »
    cheers for those useless bits of information, nothing i didnt know already

young family, 33 mile commute to work, go go go at weekends... you can get all the sleep you like, and eat healthy/excercise but it does help to have a good supplement for that bit of energy top up

I'm currently studying nutrition, did a module on vitamins a few months back. All I can say is I will *never* be spending money on the likes of Berocca.

If you take it every day your urine starts to glow. This is due to your body getting rid of one of the vitamins, its not harmful or anything, it just shows how your body doesn't need the vitamin and is getting rid of it.

It seems to me the only things non-vegetarians tend to be deficient in are vitamin D( your body makes this from UV light taken in by your skin, being in Ireland people often don't get enough. Can be supplemented by eating eggs) and IRon in women as they menstruate.

All the vitamins in Berocca are water soluble and you'll just piss them out.

I have heard fish oils are very good.

I'm currently studying nutrition, did a module on vitamins a few months back. All I can say is I will *never* be spending money on the likes of Berocca.

If you take it every day your urine starts to glow. This is due to your body getting rid of one of the vitamins, its not harmful or anything, it just shows how your body doesn't need the vitamin and is getting rid of it.

It seems to me the only things non-vegetarians tend to be deficient in are vitamin D( your body makes this from UV light taken in by your skin, being in Ireland people often don't get enough. Can be supplemented by eating eggs) and IRon in women as they menstruate.

All the vitamins in Berocca are water soluble and you'll just piss them out.

I have heard fish oils are very good.

God thats interesting.
    Are fish oil supplements any good ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If I ever needed it I went on http://www.vitabiotics.com/wellman/ these for a few weeks, noticed a difference after a week or 2....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

It's awesome though :D

Anyway, just because you're pissing some of it out doesn't mean some of it isn't being absorbed. There are ridiculously high quantities of water soluble vitamins in Berocca (eg. ~500mg Vit C IIRC), but it's not dangerous and means your body absorbs what it needs.

Berocca is pretty expensive here though, you can get multivitamins in Lidl with similar quantities of vitamins for a fraction of the price.

any comeback on that bottle of smoke ?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Jayo11780

It's gas you know, Berocca turns my piss pure illuminous yellow!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Try a course of Ginseng! As for fish oils, can't beat them :)

• Advertisement

Yip, did that.
    A months supply of BB = €17
    A months supply of Ginseng tabs = €8

When did you start taking the Ginseng? A months supply for €8?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭RandomIrl

its just expensive piss.......what our teacher told us!!

ronaneire wrote: »
    When did you start taking the Ginseng? A months supply for €8?

started during the week, one tab a day
    picked a box of kooykai ginseng tabs up in local pharm for €8, 32 in a box

Give them another week to kick in. IMO at €8 for a months supply doesn't seem expensive

Advertisement