Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

There *are* some nice black/taxi/gardai out there!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Irlbo

Nah probably not,but hey the job Im in will do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Irlbo wrote: »
    Well obviously I make an assumption by the way they look,and when get in,I look at the name,and Im not a racist,and Im as vocal about my views in person,then I am on the internet my friend

Sorry, have me met?

And personally, i doubt it, you are all ready backtracking here about how you are not a racist, I would have at least respected you had you stuck to your guns but just like most closet case Stormfront wannabe's it's all changing now that the voice of reasoned thought has implied that you might be talking out your ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Mairt wrote: »
    Your generosity knows no bounds!.

:P

how much for a taxi from tp's to the mercantile? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

That black taxi driver might have seemed nice, but did he compensate you for all the irish sunlight his dark skin has absorbed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Irlbo

Dragan wrote: »
    Sorry, have me met?

And personally, i doubt it, you are all ready backtracking here about how you are not a racist, I would have at least respected you had you stuck to your guns but just like most closet case Stormfront wannabe's it's all changing now that the voice of reasoned thought has implied that you might be talking out your ass.

No you implied that Im someone who expresses there views via the internet,because Im afraid to in real life,not the case,I very open and proud my views,and to compare me to Stromfront,a unionist nazi garbage inter warrior dickh*ad site is a wrong assumption,if you want meet up or want my address to discuss and accuse me of talking through my hole,no bother pal,I just posted my views,I dont think its fair be ridiculed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Epic replies, I love AH

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

So as usual this thread has turned into another racism thread:rolleyes:

OP, there are decent black people and gardai out there...
    You would never know who to trust until you are in a situation

I don't think Irlbo is racist

Sometimes i have problems with foreign cab drivers who don't know where they are going, we end up driving in a circle and i end up paying the price:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

There is an arsehole in every story like this. The only difference between this story and all of the others is that where the arsehole is usually a Garda, or a taxi driver (usually foreign), the arsehole in this case was... you.

Between being so pidley eyed to the extent you lost basic functionality of things like keeping track of simple objects, and wasting garda resources, you should be ashamed.

On a serious note though, when ever friends of mine have lost phones in taxis the taxi driver usually dropped it back to the house they picked them up from, or the house they dropped them off to. It's a pretty sound thing to do for them since time is money and all.

Also, I love the thread title. Let's break it down.

There *are* some nice black out there!
    There *are* some nice taxi out there!
    There *are* some nice gardai out there!

Only the last one makes sense, and it's not even true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Nice of the taxi man to do that for you, not so nice of you to use descriptive words such as "Black" and your tarnishing of Africans to be law breakers. It's what you are insinuating.

Irlbo, that is a pretty backward, uneducated, narrowminded, 19th century view you have there of foreign taxi drivers. All the taxi's I got, I find IRISH taximen to be the worst. But I won't tarnish them all. Most are fine, they do their job and do it well. It's not fair for you to say that foreign taximen are trying to rob you, don't know where this or that is. You are just biased and if one non national does something wrong you have it in for the rest of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Sometimes i have problems with foreign cab drivers who don't know where they are going, we end up driving in a circle and i end up paying the price:mad:

Yes but would you refuse to get in the cab dependent on their skin colour/name?

• Advertisement

But i'm racilist :pac: against de blacks, de taxi drivers and gardai y'see so my post made perfect sense. Really nice of the BLACK taxi driver to drop in my phone considering I was at the local KKK XMas party - we were in full costume n all :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

so as soon as somebody mentions skin colour they're racist? the op was just stating what happened and then gets slated. real nice. if he had said a bald taxi driver would he be baldist? if the black taxi driver said he had some drunk white passenger would he be racist?
    and how come its always the same few posters who start bandying about the racism spiel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Ludo wrote: »
    It may help with your racist attitude!

Don't start throwing that sh*t around.

The OP just thought he/she was had a counter argument to whats usually posted about the people named in the thread title.

When I see this crap I usually feel the originator is scrapping the bottom on the barrel for something to say, or to make others think they're holier than thou.

The rest of the thread was a bit of craic at the OP's expense, its what happens in AH and the OP is around long enough to know there's nothing caustic in the replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

longshanks wrote: »
    so as soon as somebody mentions skin colour they're racist? the op was just stating what happened and then gets slated. real nice. if he had said a bald taxi driver would he be baldist? if the black taxi driver said he had some drunk white passenger would he be racist?
    and how come its always the same few posters who start bandying about the racism spiel?

The OP isn't racist, just hilariously ignorant. The guy stating he'd discriminate against a foreign taxi driver, that's pretty racist but probably more ignorant still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

I think it's more the insinuation that a lot of black taxi men are out to rob the general public that is annoying a lot of people. He has insinuated this by expressing his surprise at a black taxi driver handing back his phone, almost as if he was expecting him to keep it because the driver was black.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Don't start throwing that sh*t around.

The OP just thought he/she was had a counter argument to whats usually posted about the people named in the thread title.

When I see this crap I usually feel the originator is scrapping the bottom on the barrel for something to say, or to make others think they're holier than thou.

The rest of the thread was a bit of craic at the OP's expense, its what happens in AH and the OP is around long enough to know there's nothing caustic in the replies.

Unfortunately most people here can't see past the word "Black".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Nice of the taxi man to do that for you, not so nice of you to use descriptive words such as "Black"
    Huh? If a person has black skin, they're black - just like if a person has white skin, they're white. Please don't tell me you think "coloured" is acceptable?

Wasn't this thread locked? Why was it reopened???

Dudess, I don't see why the OP would use black or white to describe the taximan. No I do not use coloured, I don't use anything. That's the point. He's a taxi man. We don't say "white taxi man" now do we?

I'd almost guarantee that if I hadn't mentioned the colour skin of the taxi driver i'd have been asked if the taxi driver was a foreign national or Irish - All I did was answer the question before it was asked

Jeez some of you PC freaks need to get a life. Taxi Drivers/Foreigners/Gardai get an awful going over on these forums, all I was doing was telling about my POSITIVE experience. FFS it's a lose/lose with some of you muppets, had I come on b1tching that the taxi driver kept my phone, i'd be called a racist/whatever, and when I come on DEFENDING them i'm being called names too. Find a fcuking hobby instead of being an Internet hero, guarantee a lot of you wouldn't say a word if you passed someone on the street actually shouting racist comments, yet some people get all high and mighty behind their keyboard at ANY chance they get.

Anyhow, was p1ssed when I started the thread, it's prob better off locked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

seanybiker wrote: »
    i got done for drink driving tonight. I fully admit it. I will say one thing the guards where sound out. I was fair with them and they could not have been nicer to me. The two lads couldnt look at me getting blood taking with needle and we was all laughing about it. Anyways dont drink drive. I was grand to ride bike but over the limit in all fairness

I hope they nail your ass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

I just presumed he was making a positive point about a black taxi driver doing something good, in light of all this urban legend stuff about a black driver attacking women.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

If the Garda was black, or the OP was black, what way would the replies have gone?

antodeco wrote: »
    If the Garda was black, or the OP was black, what way would the replies have gone?

I'm a black Garda myself and I like to do a bit of Taxi'ing on the weekend for the extra few bob, don't see what all the fuss is about :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

JohnCleary wrote: »
    I'm a black Garda myself and I like to do a bit of Taxi'ing on the weekend for the extra few bob, don't see what all the fuss is about :pac:
    You made the fatal error of including the bit about the guard being helpful.

Any decent boardsie would have him pocketing the €20, eating a pink shnack which he bought out of money he screwed out of an innocent modified car enthusiast doing 51 kph in a 50 zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭ciano1

Are you sure the taxi driver just didnt spill tea all over his face?? And maybe the garda was in a good mood because was going to get laid later that night??

Only possible explaination for this story being true :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Dudess, I don't see why the OP would use black or white to describe the taximan. No I do not use coloured, I don't use anything. That's the point. He's a taxi man. We don't say "white taxi man" now do we?
    Agreed, but the taxi-driver's colour is relevant in this case. And the way you phrased your comment, it simply reads like you think "black" is offensive to black people. It doesn't at all look like you were trying to make the point there's no need to mention the man's skin colour.
    JohnCleary wrote: »
    some of you PC freaks need to get a life.
    Incorrect Understanding of PC #1854.
    Taxi Drivers/Foreigners/Gardai get an awful going over on these forums, all I was doing was telling about my POSITIVE experience.
    Maybe you should have made that clearer. I think people thought you meant "I used to be suspicious of them also but my outlook has now changed following this ONE example of how they're not ALL bad".
    I don't think you're racist either though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Sorry to hear that seanybiker. Hope everything works out for ye
    No need to be sorry sure it was me own fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

They let blacks in the gardai now? WTF!

/runs off to australia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

mike65 wrote: »
    I hope they nail your ass.
    didnt ask what ya hoped so go back to your sisters room.

• Advertisement

Dudess wrote: »
    Agreed, but the taxi-driver's colour is relevant in this case. And the way you phrased your comment, it simply reads like you think "black" is offensive to black people. It doesn't at all look like you were trying to make the point there's no need to mention the man's skin colour.

Yea I probably didn't explain it the best possible way, but you get me now. :P

seanybiker wrote: »
    No need to be sorry sure it was me own fault.

Well fair play for admiting to it. Especially on AH ;)

Advertisement