Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tuesday 5-a-side.. All welcome - sign up here!!

Options
  • 29-08-2012 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭

Ok following on from our Tuesday night kickabouts i felt it would be a shame to let it go .. so seeing as we had 6 names down already i take it you lads are still willing to play???

please remove your name if you arent.

Oh & now would be a great time if any new players would like to start seeing as it is a fresh start.. its 8PM at Boals goals .. cost €5.. any ability welcome its just for a fun kickabout & bit of excercise

1) Oranbhoy67
    2) Oranbhoy67 + 1 ( new player)
    3)Madalig12
    4) Buckfasterer
    5) Buckfasterer + 1
    6) Buckfasterer + 2
    7) Oranbhoy + 2
    8)
    9)
    10)
    11)
    12)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

1) Oranbhoy67
    3)Madalig12
    4) Buckfasterer
    5) Buckfasterer + 1
    6) Buckfasterer + 2
    7) Oranbhoy + 2
    8)Arawn if i can( nab a lift)
    9)
    10)
    11)
    12)

Back living in letterkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

Anyone good for a lift for Arawn.. Arawn keep checking back as im sure you will get one!

Does anyone know who has the bibs & ball from the last game???

• Registered Users Posts: 32,977 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I'd love to get involved but L'kenny just too far for me.

Thats a pity NIMAN you (& anyone else) are more than welcome to join up anytime :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭QUINN1888

1) Oranbhoy67
    3)Madalig12
    4) Buckfasterer
    5) Buckfasterer + 1
    6) Buckfasterer + 2
    7) Oranbhoy + 2
    9) QUINN1888
    10)
    11)
    12)

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Comedian

Football is football is football

1) Oranbhoy67
    3)Madalig12
    4) Buckfasterer
    5) Buckfasterer + 1
    6) Buckfasterer + 2
    7) Oranbhoy + 2
    9) QUINN1888
    10) Comedian
    11)
    12)

Good stuff lads we have enough for a game tuesday

<SNIP>

So luckily i have a brand new mitre ball here anyway it needs a bit of pumping up but we will get that done, and i have a contact in a sports shop in town so i will get us bibs sorted and take extra cash to pay for that over the coming weeks (2 - 3 euro) .

Anyway theres still a space available for 2 players and as i said at the start everyone is welcome despite their abilities its a bit of fun, so get your name down if your curious and give it a try! :)

Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Im going to make this quite clear and I'll be saying it once only. Any issues regarding the previous games, organising, players etc etc will have to be sorted out in private between the individuals involved. No more of this please.

ok heard loud & clear.. & my apologies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

I can lift arawn, at the court house again bout ten too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Hi all,

Just a wee note from me on this, I won't be talking about what happened the previous thread. Anyone curious about anything can PM me but it's water under the bridge and all that. I've ran this past Muffler and he has OK'd it.

On the bib's and ball issue, the vast majority of players now set to play have not contributed to the gear we used for the game I'd organised so its wasn't really fair that either side or the other left with nothing.

A few options were considered the one that was agreed upon after a few rejection's is the spare money (for the odd time we had extra from overpayment) that everyone contributed to could be used by you guys to get the new bib's (which is all that was requested) and a new ball I have here was offered too (the offer of the ball was refused) I think its a very fair resolution myself. Considering there is only 5 bib's now somehow and the ball is almost 6 months old now.

Just off the phone to Boal's they've confirmed that the game I'd organised has also been cancelled.

I don't want to get into a big discussion about anything on thread here but if anyone wants to ask me anything please feel free to do so via PM.

Goodluck with the new game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭firemansam4

1) Oranbhoy67
    3)Madalig12
    4) Buckfasterer
    5) Buckfasterer + 1
    6) Buckfasterer + 2
    7) Oranbhoy + 2
    9) QUINN1888
    10) Comedian
    11)firemansam+1
    12)

Some of you will probably be aware that there have been a few wee hiccups recently and I have remained neutral in all of this as its a private matter between the individuals concerned. Some comments were posted a few days ago which I had to remove as here wasn't really the place for them.

There were comments posted which people didn't have the right to reply to and that in one way is why I have decided to allow a very limited amount of dialogue now on the problem in order that people can see whats on offer and make up their own minds. In an attempt to bring resolution to and closure of the issue I am allowing one post each from homer simpson and Oranbhoy67

homer has posted above and I hope that oranbhoy will respond in kind with one final post. I would ask everyone else to refrain from posting on the issue. After that its down to PMs, text, phone calls, meet ups or whatever it takes to get the matter resolved.

Thanks to everyone for their co-operation.

Ok in reply all i want to say was that the agreement on which i did want to settle with was for homer to take the ball & for us to take the bibs, i thought this was only fair as a few of us left on Tuesdays also paid for the bibs and balls ( twice in my case & i know at least one others) i thought that would be the fairest way to do it but this was not to be.. i wasnt satisfied with the offer of a new ball from homer as he told me it was a spare ball he had lying about & some make i had never heard of.. anyway i have a brand new mitre ball which was another reason i was willing to compromise & let homer take the ball & we could take the bibs

I thought this would have been the fairest way as after all the Balls & bibs were bought and paid for with the express intent for Tuesday Night football booked thru Boards. ie..

I dont see why if someone then decides to leave Tuesday night - for whatever reason - then they get to take all the kit with them.. regardless of how may of us paid i know at least 3 of us did but i cant be certain of the rest .

Anyway to solve any disagreements i will leave it at that

its such a pity for all concerned that the previous thread had to end the way it did.

As i said in PM to homer once the dust settles if he ever decided to come back then he would be more than welcome , i dont hold any personal grudges & i would like to thank him for all he did in organising the Tuesday games this past year ( & a bit ) & im grateful for all the times he went above & beyond the call of duty to keep the games running, & also thanks to muffler for giving me the right of reply & i look forward to hopefully another long thread of tuesday night football!

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    with the express intent for Tuesday Night football booked thru Boards. ie..
    I just need to clarify this point. Boards.ie Ltd hosted the comments which included the weekly lists etc but did not book anywhere to play football either directly or indirectly. The games were booked in the name of a private individual.

Thanks to homer and oranbhoy for their input and while they have agreed to disagree they have both committed to move on from this now.

Now then back to the footy
    . :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

So has that slot been booked for 8 on Tue or does it need to be booked again?

So has that slot been booked for 8 on Tue or does it need to be booked again?

I have it booked now .. im picking up 6 bibs today as well , 3 euro apiece so if everyone that is going to be a regular at 5s can give me €1:50 towards them id apprieciate it!

We also have space yet for one more player, i have someone on stand-by if we cant fill it but id rather someone else got a chance to sign up than fill it with my own friends so i will leave it till tuesday and if no one else signs up i will put his name down!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Bust myself rock climbing today so im going to have to drop out. Sorry lads

no probs arawn, thanks for the early notice, it brings us down to even teams again so not a big problem :)

having said that there is still space for 2 more if there is any more interested??

And hopefully see you back in the near future Arawn!!

• Advertisement

Revised list for tommorow night!!!!

1) Oranbhoy67
    3) Madalig12
    4) Buckfasterer
    5) Buckfasterer + 1
    6) Buckfasterer + 2
    7) Oranbhoy + 2
    8) QUINN1888
    9) Comedian
    10) firemansam+1
    11)
    12)

I'll be able to get 1 more if we get another player but will need some notice so can we have say 5 o clock as a cut off point for players?

I'll be able to get 1 more if we get another player but will need some notice so can we have say 5 o clock as a cut off point for players?

Yeah no problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Comedian

Wish granted..

1) Oranbhoy67
    3) Madalig12
    4) Buckfasterer
    5) Buckfasterer + 1
    6) Buckfasterer + 2
    7) Oranbhoy + 2
    8) QUINN1888
    9) Comedian
    10) firemansam+1
    11) Comedian +1
    12)

Comedian wrote: »

Wish granted..

1) Oranbhoy67
    3) Madalig12
    4) Buckfasterer
    5) Buckfasterer + 1
    6) Buckfasterer + 2
    7) Oranbhoy + 2
    8) QUINN1888
    9) Comedian
    10) firemansam+1
    11) Comedian +1
    12)

Sound, give me an hour or so.

1) Oranbhoy67
    3) Madalig12
    4) Buckfasterer
    5) Buckfasterer + 1
    6) Buckfasterer + 2
    7) Oranbhoy + 2
    8) QUINN1888
    9) Comedian
    10) firemansam+1
    11) Comedian +1
    12) Buckfasterer +3

All set, see yas out there lads!

Feelin that this mornin!

Anyway, ill get next week going.

1) Buckfasterer
    2) Buckfasterer +1
    3) Buckfasterer +2
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)
    11)
    12)

Like last night, ill add more players if needed but first shout for the guys here!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

I'm on nights next week so won't be there. Wondering if I placed an order for two stiff legs last night, cos they arrived this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 epocolla

Hi.
    Had a great game last night, I was very unfit, but will improve hopefully over the coming weeks.
    I would like to start a new thread to get some games going maybe Thursdays or some day that would suit others.

Does anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks

• Advertisement

yeah great game last night lads really enjoyed it!!

1) Buckfasterer
    2) Buckfasterer +1
    3) Buckfasterer +2
    4) Oranbhoy67
    5)
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)
    11)
    12)