Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Home Heating Oil Price Comparisons

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Topaz at the Mountain Top in Letterkenny are selling kerosene at 85c per litre if your filling up a 20l drum. Not sure on the rest of the town but this is the cheapest i've seen.
    Down to 79c per litre now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

dinorebel wrote: »
    Down to 79c per litre now.

Is this price still correct? If it is I'll try get down and get a 20l drum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Is this price still correct? If it is I'll try get down and get a 20l drum
    It was that price on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Pique

500L for €320 with Tinneys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭supersonic64

Prices for 1000ltr in West Donegal on Friday 9th

Donegal Oil €640
    O'Donnell Fuels €665
    McDevitt Oil €680

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭malibu4u

Prices for 1000ltr in West Donegal on Friday 9th

Donegal Oil €640
    O'Donnell Fuels €665
    McDevitt Oil €680

€40 is a lot, pays to shop around.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,812 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Currently €584 for a 1000 litres with Swilly Fuels which must be as low as it has been in the last 6 or 7 years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

muffler wrote: »
    Currently €584 for a 1000 litres with Swilly Fuels which must be as low as it has been in the last 6 or 7 years
    That's not far off what would have been paid for 500ltrs 2/3 years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭CarpeDiem85

It definitely pays to shop around. I just ordered the bare minimum of a €200 order. Tinneys were the best giving me 300 litres, I spoke with 3 others and they were giving 260 and 265 litres for €200.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

Village Fuels in Clady have ceased trading home heating oil from the pump, for the fore-see-able future. Flanagan's fuels (30 metres away) are open as normal.. 55.9c per litre of kerosene.

Seems as though its on its way up again which is strange

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Seems as though its on its way up again which is strange

Price of oil has risen, dollar has risen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

L1011 wrote: »
    Price of oil has risen, dollar has risen.
    When the price of oil falls, theres the usual bs about how its really the future price that has fallen and so it will be weeks, if not months, before the price can be seen by the end consumer. When the price rises, the consumer faces higher costs almost sooner than immediately. A lovely little business they're in.:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

When the price of oil falls, theres the usual bs about how its really the future price that has fallen and so it will be weeks, if not months, before the price can be seen by the end consumer. When the price rises, the consumer faces higher costs almost sooner than immediately. A lovely little business they're in.:rolleyes:

Its mainly the distributors rather than the retailers that are the gougers here. The argument given is "we need to cover the cost of the next fill" as if they were broke... when they aren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

L1011 wrote: »
    Its mainly the distributors rather than the retailers that are the gougers here. The argument given is "we need to cover the cost of the next fill" as if they were broke... when they aren't.
    Or just keeping the cartel in operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭TreasureBin

Phoned around yesterday to see best prices for minimum order:

oil_zpsmxulylwh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

Inishowen 500/1000 lts 16/MAR/15

mc gonigle - ........ €345/€660 will delivery within the hour, all the others have to wait (and listen to the missus) until after paddys day
    A&N - ................. €349/€659
    Coyle Fuels - ...... €345/€675
    Inishowen Oil Co - €350/€680
    Fergusion Fuels -...€338/€648

the phone numbers

€100/€200 cheaper than in sept 2013

i can never remember how much i paid for oil so im using this thread as my own personal record

10/09/16 ... kelly oil... 500lts... €280

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,951 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Good to get it up and running again with colder weather approaching

when i ordered my oil I asked if that was the best price and he told me if i held of for a couple of weeks the price would definitely drop again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Judge Trudy

donegal. wrote: »
    when i ordered my oil I asked if that was the best price and he told me if i held of for a couple of weeks the price would definitely drop again.

It's crazy the price discrepancy between oil suppliers. Ordered €200 worth of oil and got 325 litres from Top Oil. I wish I had kept a note of all the quotes. Definitely pays to shop around. I wish I had known that the prices are dropping though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Anyone got any idea who has Kerosene pumps to fill drums with. Was in Glencar Filling station theirs is 68c per litre wondering if there's anyone better.

46 cents a litre in Clady :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

46 cents a litre in Clady :)
    Interesting......

donegal. wrote:

Interesting. I just got an email from probably the largest supplier in Donegal to order before Sep 30 for the best deals.

Hint of a rise or just trying to get people to order now instead of later?

I assume their margin stays the same regardless of the price of crude.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Pique wrote: »
    probably the largest supplier in Donegal

Who is that then?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Donegal Oil

• Advertisement

04/01/17 ... kelly oil... 500lts... €330

Advertisement