Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aldi 20 euro voucher [upcoming] in Sindo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,808 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

In case people dont know.

YOu can use the lidl/aldi vouchers to buy gift cards in tesco...adding to your savings.:)

thank you
    never thought of that and I'm switching to the tesco network next month meaning ill be able to get the S5 for 159 instead of 199 on a contract for the price of two newspapers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Now you do :D

Ive used them for Argos and Debenhams

What will you get for the €10 Aldi/Lidl vouchers when you trade them for gift cards, as i'd imagine you would have the gift cards longer than the Aldi/Lidl would.

May i ask, how did you use them in Argos & Debenhams?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

bop1977 wrote: »
    Typical indo, they can't even get a promotional offer right.

Why do people buy this rag?

Bit harsh since it's Aldi who write the text to go alongside the image. (Online and on-print)

The folk of the Indo's job is to put the ad into where Aldi wanted and in the format they requested, not to spell check for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Junglewoman

I have an €11 off a €70 shop voucher for Tesco, can I add the €20 Aldi voucher to that? I am new to this Tesco multi voucher acceptance development! I presume it will need to be a €100 shop in the first instance which will leave me within the range for the Tesco voucher to be used?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,233 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Maybe some of us think Tesco is better shop ...... :rolleyes:

Why would you think that?

• Advertisement

TallGlass wrote: »
    I disagree. I work there, the stuff is as fresh as Aldi/Lidl. It's just lasyness and bad rotation on Tescos part. Aldi/Lidl, seem to have the fresh logistics down to a tee and it's a simple system. Tesco have 1 product say lettuce in store, on the floor and out the back. Yet there could be 4/5 different dates between them which is ridiculous.

Its poor quality and goes off by the time you get to the till.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

ted1 wrote: »
    Its poor quality and goes off by the time you get to the till.

Well then, don't buy it? Honestly it's the same stuff just Tesco loses the run of itself at store level.

I have an €11 off a €70 shop voucher for Tesco, can I add the €20 Aldi voucher to that? I am new to this Tesco multi voucher acceptance development! I presume it will need to be a €100 shop in the first instance which will leave me within the range for the Tesco voucher to be used?

Meet the minimum of both and you should be fine.

Well then, don't buy it? Honestly it's the same stuff just Tesco loses the run of itself at store level.

Consumers buy at store level....

I have heard the Tesco freeze their fruit and veg and that this causes the issue

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Muahahaha wrote: »
    There's no comparison between the quality of fruit and veg in Aldi compared to what you get in Tesco IMO. Also Aldis meat is of a higher standard, plus they don't sell horse meat labelled as beef, double bonus !

Aldi, Tesco, Lidl, Dunnes and Iceland all sold horse meat economy beef burgers and ready meals.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0208/366731-mcadams-horse-meat/

Supervalu and Marks and Spencers were the only major supermarkets found to not have sold horse meat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭dodo mommy

where do dunces come in all this should we not be supporting irish companies

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭dodo mommy

sorry that should have read dunnes

Consumers buy at store level.....

And your point is? I don't run Tesco's logistical operations. I am saying Tesco need to improve this, there rotation is poor and delivery's swamp workers at store level.

This is why some people get good veg others bad. Trust me Aldi and Lidl will fall into this trap once the traffic volume is high.

Love the way the customers first blame is a person in retail on the ground telling you as it is.

Just to add information to your edit,

All fruit is stored and 'frozen'. Frozen in it is current state not literally 'frozen', the word to use is dormant. Don't believe me? Watch the program on BBC, Supermarket Secrets. Shows it all from Easter to Christmas and how they have 'British Apples' in season all year long or Onions all year long. They 'freeze' them or put them in a dormant state where they can't rot or biologically change until activated.

dodo mommy wrote: »
    where do dunces come in all this should we not be supporting irish companies

Your supporting Ireland shopping with Tesco
    At Tesco we are proud to be one of the biggest supporters of the Irish food industry. From Shanghai to Sheffield and from Prague to Phoenix we are also proud to fly the Irish flag in our stores around the world. More Irish food is exported to Tesco than is exported to the US, Germany or France. That's €655M in Irish food exports to Tesco every year!

http://www.tesco.ie/supporting-ireland/

And your point is? I don't run Tesco's logistical operations. I am saying Tesco need to improve this, there rotation is poor and delivery's swamp workers at store level.

This is why some people get good veg others bad. Trust me Aldi and Lidl will fall into this trap once the traffic volume is high.

Love the way the customers first blame is a person in retail on the ground telling you as it is.

Just to add information to your edit,

All fruit is stored and 'frozen'. Frozen in it is current state not literally 'frozen', the word to use is dormant. Don't believe me? Watch the program on BBC, Supermarket Secrets. Shows it all from Easter to Christmas and how they have 'British Apples' in season all year long or Onions all year long. They 'freeze' them or put them in a dormant state where they can't rot or biologically change until activated.

People don't care about store logistics, they just see the end product which is poor.
    They may have changed the word freeze but a rise by any other name is still a rose. While they claim it does not do anything, it actually does. Not all their competitors freeze their fruit and veg, and it's better quality.

Your supporting Ireland shopping with Tesco

No mention of how they dropped irish distribution and buy all in the UK. Or how they won't publish accounts for Ireland, there mark up is much higher than in other jurisdictions.

How about them raising prices just so they can drop them and run a huge singing and dancing campaign. Or how there own brand is so poor that a court ruled that they can't compare it to Aldis brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,810 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Give it a rest ffs. What have the last few posts got to do with the topic i.e. Aldi €20 voucher.

Get a room or swap PMs and meet up and sort it out like men and give the rest of us some peace and quiet.

Not all their competitors freeze their fruit and veg, and it's better quality.

Show me one Irish company that supplies 'fresh' bananas there all frozen, each and every last one.

I don't care about how how they do logistics or price integs, I just don't like people saying the veg is not fresh when it is. It as fresh as Aldi and Lidls stuff.

I understand what your saying and I appreciate your points. Just don't think it's fair on the farmers or Tesco to say it's not fresh when it is.

muffler wrote: »
    Give it a rest ffs. What have the last few posts got to do with the topic i.e. Aldi €20 voucher.

Get a room or swap PMs and meet up and sort it out like men and give the rest of us some peace and quiet.

Sorry, but I get very heated on this issue. €20 euro voucher is excellent no matter where you shop been honest !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

20 euro great. The rest of them this year have dropped the ball . No 12 days of Christmas offers, No cheap veg. Fair play to aldi for keeping competition in the Irish market

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭clerk

Thanks OP, will use it for €20 off €100 worth of Lego in Tesco on Sunday.

Even the lego in Tesco is always very expensive ( except if its on a 'Tesco' offer ). You'd probably pick up similar lego online for the €80 to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Chemistry3

Aldi 20 euro also in sunday world 31st Dec expiry with Lidl 10 euro 27th Dec expiry

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭nirvana78

Chemistry3 wrote: »
    Aldi 20 euro also in sunday world 31st Dec expiry with Lidl 10 euro 27th Dec expiry

It's a bit early for me to figure things out, are you saying there are two vouchers in the S. World today, one for Lidl and one for Aldi?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Chemistry3

nirvana78 wrote: »
    It's a bit early for me to figure things out, are you saying there are two vouchers in the S. World today, one for Lidl and one for Aldi?

Yes Page 9 Aldi and Lidl Booklet

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭nirvana78

Chemistry3 wrote: »
    Yes Page 9 Aldi and Lidl Booklet

Thanks much appreciated. Happy xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 37 philyb

Were what page in indo can't find it cheees

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

I used the aldi, Lidl and €11 tesco off 100 shop, I was told once it goes over 100 you can use 2 competitor vouchers together,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

lazeedaisy wrote: »
    I used the aldi, Lidl and €11 tesco off 100 shop, I was told once it goes over 100 you can use 2 competitor vouchers together,

Is that confirmed anywhere in the shop or on the tesco website? Forty one euro off a €100 shop would be a great discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

philyb wrote: »
    Were what page in indo can't find it cheees

It had been page 2 all along

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

clerk wrote: »
    Even the lego in Tesco is always very expensive ( except if its on a 'Tesco' offer ). You'd probably pick up similar lego online for the €80 to be honest.

I think he missed the boat with the Lego,it was all reduced to half price or less last weekend.Typical that I didn't have a voucher then. (Still saved a fortune though)

Fair play to Lidl & Aldi with the vouchers,the missus compared to similar shops she did recently,Dunnes worked out at €30 more expensive than Aldi,we don't do grocery shopping in Tesco but going by accounts of people it's as dear.

Advertisement