Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband for sheep! (and a few rural folk)

• 18-12-2014 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if this is worthy of a thread or not, but just a heads up that three have now rolled out 4g in some very remote and random parts of the county.

I'm in the Gleneely area enjoying 18Mb at a time I'd normally be lucky to get 2Mb.

You can check coverage here.

http://www.three.ie/explore/coverage-checker/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,912 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Interesting, but that coverage map not showing anything. I can just see a map.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Wait until the neighbours get it. Also it's midband not broadband

• Closed Accounts Posts: 889 ✭✭✭opiniated

NIMAN wrote: »
    Interesting, but that coverage map not showing anything. I can just see a map.

If you click on the 4g tab, it shows what areas are covered, likewise for 3G.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Keep your mouth shut OP or all the sheep will get it leaving you with nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Chris___ wrote: »
    Wait until the neighbours get it. Also it's midband not broadband

Compared to the fixed line you get around here, it's chasmband :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,912 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Not covered myself.
    You can call it midband if you want, but if you are getting 18meg v the 4meg I get from fixed broadband, I could live with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 889 ✭✭✭opiniated

As Chris said, wait till the neighbours get it!

I signed up for 20Mb last year, and it was great compared to the three Mb I was getting - until the neighbours signed up and the kids discovered the joys of online gaming, smart tvs, etc.

Guess whose computer now has the slowest connection in the house, lol?

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭puddles22

im getting in places on tory island

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I thought this was about the sheep on Boards Log In Page.

:D

Hopefully 3's purchase of O2 will see an improvement of the both the midband service and voice service on 2G and 3G around parts Donegal first. Can be pretty shocking in places.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Putin

I'm in the Gleneely area enjoying 18Mb at a time I'd normally be lucky to get 2Mb.

You can check coverage here.

http://www.three.ie/explore/coverage-checker/

Must past this on to the relatives. They've my head wrecked whining about broadband problems whenever I'm in touch.

• Advertisement
Advertisement