Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Technomate nano 3T

Options
  • 19-12-2014 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭

Is anyone running one of these? I have a couple of Vuplus Uno's but I am looking at upgrading to a triple tuner that runs enigma2 natively. The spec of the technomate looks great, almost too good to be true for the price! Anyone got one?

I run VIX on the uno and there seems to be a technomate image too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭satelliteman20

hi i have been running one for 3 months now with no big problems i am using open atv 4.2 with the s** skin it is much faster compared to the alien 2 especially when recording a few channels at once it boots up in about 45 seconds the picture quality is better than the alien 2 running enigma on low resolution sd but in spark on the alien the picture on sd and hd is the best ive ever seen its a pity everything else about spark is so basic , tuner sensitivity is as good as the alien 2 i dont know how the picture or speed would compare to your vu + as ive never had one over all i think it is a great box for the money maybe the best tm has made its as good as the more expensive solo 2 i have heard

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭amdaley28

satelliteman20 have you had any crashes with the nano 3 using Open Atv ?
    I'm using the Open Pli image which the receiver came with. They have recently issued an updated image which was an improvement but I still get the occasional freeze up where the picture freezes but the sound remains ok ?

it froze on me a few times with atv 4.2 but not lately it seems to have only happened when i first started the box up i havnt tried pli long enough to judge it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭Zardoz

the picture quality is better than the alien 2 running enigma on low resolution sd but in spark on the alien the picture on sd and hd is the best ive ever seen

Strange that you find the picture quality better on the Technomate as generally SH4 based receivers have better picture quality than MIPs based receivers.

I see very little difference between the picture quality in Spark and E2 using Hyperion ( once the tv settings have been tweaked ) .
    Its very good and better than my other Mips based receivers especially SD channels .
    Do you find the difference between E2 and Spark to be that noticeable ?

the low resolution sd eg 544x576 is a bit better on the tm as it resolves text on screen clearly it looks a bit broken up on the amiko in e 2 anything higher than that eg 704 x 576 the quality is much the same between them there isnt a big difference between spark and hyperion just the contrast is set higher by default in spark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Where is the best place to buy these??

the low resolution sd eg 544x576 is a bit better on the tm as it resolves text on screen clearly it looks a bit broken up on the amiko in e 2 anything higher than that eg 704 x 576 the quality is much the same between them there isnt a big difference between spark and hyperion just the contrast is set higher by default in spark

I see ,that makes sense allright,thanks.

Spark has a higher contrast than Hyperion allright which isnt ideal on plasma sets as you have to set the contrast higher than normal but it hasnt caused any image retention or burn in on my set after well over a year .
    I wish Hyperion would increase the default contrast a bit .

The main difference I find between the Alien 2 in both Enigma 2 and Spark with SD is that it looks vibrant whereas on my Mips receivers it looks washed out .

The Nano 3T looks a lovely receiver ,same spec as the Solo 2 and Gigablue Quad but with an extra tuner for less money.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 dicey2

I have one as well for the last 2 months. Running the VIX image. Have had zero problems. But in fairness I just use it to watch telly and don't use any other apps on the box other than cccam

I have it connected to hotbird 13, astra 19 and 28 and saorview.

much faster box than previous technomates and excellent picture quality. I may be slightly biased though as I have great time for the technomate mates. I have played with a lot of boxes in the last 2 years inc amiko alien 2, gigablue se800 plus, gigablue quad, tm single, tm nano. ferguson ariva 250, opticum x7, amiko 8840, tm7102, tm6902 to name but a few and this one is my favourite so far

having said that have never had a vu - never really interested me and anyone I know that does have one have had issues

where did ya buy it

i bought mine from world of satellite in the uk for 265 euro and i recieved it the next day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭amdaley28

You can also get them in Ireland from https://www.satellitetv.ie/
    No connection with this company just a satisfied customer.

Thanks lads.I am going to purchase in the new year.

Well lads I got the nano 3t and am well impressed.I am coming from an GM triplex to this and have to say its a big improvement. Have vix installed with picons and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 neilgraymobi

hi chaps

just got one myself.

trying to set it up.

anyone know of an image i can use thatll take a nline

any help at all would be cool

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Ninjakettle

Bought one of these a week ago and have been impressed so far.
    I don't have any prior experience with Enigma, so I'm playing the catchup game at the moment.

I have OpenVix which is very nice once I flashed a good HD skin (OpenVix Blue). Typically.. the World of Satellite forums have been down the past week so I haven't had access to specific advice related to the image.

Can anyone tell me what provider can i use for Saorview/freeview epg under crossepg ?

Loads of other questions too - Are there video playing plugins i should get? Can you get BBC iPlayer (i'm in uk)? Can you boot xbmc on these boxes?
    What are the best plugins and setups for accessing NAS stored media either by DLNA or simple browsing?

@neilgraymobi You'll find that subject can't really be discussed here, but I can tell you as a point of fact that my OpenVix image has a softcam section in the Plugins area, which seems to offer MGcamd

• Registered Users Posts: 10 chas.f

Hi,
    I have a TM-Twin and fancy buying one of these next week, can you tell me if the video outputs sockets work along with the HDMI as I need them to feed a modulator, on my TM-Twin they don't work if on 1080P but ok on any other resolution.

Thanks.

@chas.f
    I don't have a secondary VDU to test this for you, though i could try plugging both composite and hdmi into tv and switching AV - but that might not be a certain test due to the switching

• Registered Users Posts: 10 chas.f

It would be useful information if you could try that,
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bbmcguinness

Hi Guys,

Can you tell me does this box allow you to record one channel but still be able to view another?

I bought this box some time back on the premise that this does work but for the life of me I can't get it to work. If I record anything via satelitte channels I can't watch anything from the satelitte list but I can watch the irish channels. Same thing if I try recording an irish programme, I can't watch anything on the irish channels but can watch something on the satellite channels. Very frustrating...

any help would be gratefull received.

Sounds like you have only 1 sat feed to the box?

You need two discrete sat LNB feeds connected to LNB1 and LNB2 on your box for you to be able to record a sat channel while watching another sat channel (from a different frequency group)

There is only 1 DVB terrestrial tuner on the box so i believe that similarly, when recording, you will not be able to view other DVB channels supplied via that tuner.

• Advertisement

Thanks Ninjakettle for coming back to me.

I have the 2 feeds you talk about, LNB1 and LNB2. I've attached both feeds from the satellite into these.

Then there are also 2 more feeds called RF IN & RF OUT. I've attached a splitter to the terrestrial aerial and attached both to the RF IN and RF OUT. What do you think?

RF out is for looping a signal through to another box/tv in another room.
    Unless you're doing this - i think you should remove the cable from RF OUT.

If you say you have two discrete (not split) cables coming from your sat dish to LNB1 & 2, then you need to double check you have set BOTH of these up. Under the menu you'll find a section for configuring both tuners - confirm they'r e both receiving signal. If you're struggling to find this i can check on mine and tell you the menu section it's under - but i'm sure you'll see it.

No I'm not meaning to loop the signal to another box/tv. I will remove the cable from RF OUT so.

One thing, what about the terrestrial channels....do I just connect the aerial cable to RF IN? And if so how does this work if I'm recording something from an irish channel....does that mean I cannot view another irish channel?

Thanks for all this info by the way...these boxes are a real learning curve!!

Whats the best image for the Nano 3T in peoples opinion ,Vix or Openatv ?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭codar

I like Vix hades with blue hd v3 skin by rossi2000.
    Easy to setup and has a very nice GUI.

codar wrote: »
    I like Vix hades with blue hd v3 skin by rossi2000.
    Easy to setup and has a very nice GUI.

Thanks Codar .

I gave Vix Hades and Openatv 5 a go last night .
    Both are very similar in Gui and menu layout ,as you'd expect as they both are part of the oe-alliance.

The main issue with the Vix image though was the picture quality ,it was very poor.
    Very high contrast levels and the colours looked weird .
    The whites are piercing they are so bright.

I tried varying the picture settings on the tv ,had to turn contrast ,brightness,and sharpness way down and still couldn't get a decent picture.
    Tried a different build of Hades and it had the same poor picture.

Openatv's picture was fine though,much more natural and similar to my other receivers in tv settings.
    Very good picture for a Mips receiver.

I might try the color management plugin on Vix ,see if that fixes the picture.
    Its odd that there is such a difference in the picture quality .

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭codar

I'm happy with the picture on mine to be honest.
    I did play with the display setup on my tv when initially setting it up though ,as I do with anything connected to the tv.
    It was the simple setup menu's and the blue hd skin that really impressed me.(although the skin should install on openatv)
    I much prefer blackhole though but unfortunately it's not available for the tm's. (going off topic a little, oops)

codar wrote: »
    I'm happy with the picture on mine to be honest.
    I did play with the display setup on my tv when initially setting it up though ,as I do with anything connected to the tv.
    It was the simple setup menu's and the blue hd skin that really impressed me.(although the skin should install on openatv)
    I much prefer blackhole though but unfortunately it's not available for the tm's. (going off topic a little, oops)

Thanks Codar,
    I will give Vix another go to see can I fix the picture.
    Openatv is good though ,everything seems to be working ok.

I havent used Blackhole images in a long time ,used to use it on the Dm800 ,it was an excellent image .

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭doney84

Hi,

Thinking of getting this box. Would it be advisable to get an internal hard drive or would an external one be just as good ?

Also what image would people advise?

Thanks,
    doney84

• Advertisement

doney84 wrote: »
    Hi,

Thinking of getting this box. Would it be advisable to get an internal hard drive or would an external one be just as good ?

Also what image would people advise?

Thanks,
    doney84

Internal hard drive will always give better performance.

I've tried Openatv and Vix images ,both are very good.

Advertisement