Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Walker combo

• 29-05-2014 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

Any one know how to get rid of "init" error message on this combo before I bin it thks
    Only 15 months old *

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

Any one know how to get rid of "init" error message on this combo before I bin it thks
    Only 15 months old *

I have seen this on two receivers of this type ever. One of them came back to life after a few days and never gave any trouble since.

The other wouldn't work and was returned for a replacement. Supplier said it was a faulty circuit board I think.

Only 15 months old *

I have seen this on two receivers of this type ever. One of them came back to life after a few days and never gave any trouble since.

The other wouldn't work and was returned for a replacement. Supplier said it was a faulty circuit board I think.

Only 15 months old *

Sorry, don't know why that post came up multiple times. Think it was cos I pressed back on my tablet. Apologies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Init is a sequence code at bootup. If it sticks at init, then it is possible that the Non Volatile Memory has been corrupted. I am not aware of the recovery mode for the Vestels to reload the default firmware and display settings. No serial port so Jtagging territory.

Nearly positive that this is not the first time this has been posted about the Walker STB's.

Get onto Walker directly. They should just replace it.

• Advertisement

Sorry, don't know why that post came up multiple times. Think it was cos I pressed back on my tablet. Apologies

Off topic I know, but are you using an unofficial Boards app on a Android tablet by any chance? This seems to be the number one cause of dupe posts as of late.

On topic, I've heard of this happening; usually a hardware fault or bad firmware.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

STB wrote: »
    Init is a sequence code at bootup. If it sticks at init, then it is possible that the Non Volatile Memory has been corrupted. I am not aware of the recovery mode for the Vestels to reload the default firmware and display settings. No serial port so Jtagging territory.

Nearly positive that this is not the first time this has been posted about the Walker STB's.

Get onto Walker directly. They should just replace it.

Cant find receipt but thks think avoiding waller brand may be option I will take thks tho

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Fabarm

Hi
    I am having the following problems with 2 Walker set top boxes & have emailed Walker several times but cannot get a response :

P645TS –HD (Saorview Combo) :

(1) Picture mode is auto on widescreen tv but frequently just reverts to 4.3 – have to switch on & off STB.
    (2) Recordings hit & miss – seems to forget to switch on for timers.
    (3) Satellite channel list frequently reduces to 2 channels only (no favourites saved) & have to go to settings & reload default to restore channel list.
    (4) STB freezes & will not respond to remote or buttons on STB – has to be unplugged.
    ( Software version 4)

WP12DTB-R (Saorview) :

(1) All radio recordings can only be played back in a 2 second loop -
    Software now version 8.5 (2011-05-03).

Many thanks
    Fabarm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

Fabarm wrote: »
    Hi
    I am having the following problems with 2 Walker set top boxes & have emailed Walker several times but cannot get a response :

P645TS –HD (Saorview Combo) :

(1) Picture mode is auto on widescreen tv but frequently just reverts to 4.3 – have to switch on & off STB.
    (2) Recordings hit & miss – seems to forget to switch on for timers.
    (3) Satellite channel list frequently reduces to 2 channels only (no favourites saved) & have to go to settings & reload default to restore channel list.
    (4) STB freezes & will not respond to remote or buttons on STB – has to be unplugged.
    ( Software version 4)

WP12DTB-R (Saorview) :

(1) All radio recordings can only be played back in a 2 second loop -
    Software now version 8.5 (2011-05-03).

Many thanks
    Fabarm

Not much help binned mine rubbish. 15 mths old. Tv guy told me some go like that- got humax box for bbc dear but fantastic kit. Had similar problem to u then it just showed fault

Advertisement