Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

English Safe Pass Training..

Options
  • 06-03-2013 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

I probably should be posting this in the Tyrone section but I'm sure someone on here can help, my brother is looking to go to England to work and needs to do a one day course to get a UK safe pass or whatever they call it he was told that the office was in Strabane but has no exact address he already was in Derry but the address he was given was no longer in use if someone could give me a contact number or address that would be great as he has tried everything to find out where it is, cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭donegal_man

I'm guessing that what he needs is some sort of Construction Skills card. There are different cards for different trades but I'm pretty sure you have to do an exam for all of them, not like here where all you do is the course, the exams are anything from 45 mins to 2 hours. It's been a while since I did it but you'll find all the details of the training and the exams on the CITB website HERE

Hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

He could also check whether the Irish Safepass is accepted in England.
    I know it's accepted in Scotland, but Irish excavator licences are accepted in Scotland but are sometimes rejected in England, so the waters can be a bit muddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Way back when I did the c-skills exam they only accepted safe pass in lieu of the basic operative's card, for any of the other trade cards you had to do the relevant CITB exam. That said it's quite a while ago and things may have changed since.
    Aha! I knew I had it somewhere, the CSCS Helpdesk 0044 844 576 8777.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 chris dunleavy

Carrickman wrote: »
    I probably should be posting this in the Tyrone section but I'm sure someone on here can help, my brother is looking to go to England to work and needs to do a one day course to get a UK safe pass or whatever they call it he was told that the office was in Strabane but has no exact address he already was in Derry but the address he was given was no longer in use if someone could give me a contact number or address that would be great as he has tried everything to find out where it is, cheers.

Hello Carrickman i was in the same place you were today and this is the address

25 Orchard Rd, Tyrone, Strabane BT82 9QS, UK
    Regards
    Chris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 889 ✭✭✭opiniated

I'll second that.
    I know of a couple of lads who did their certifications there. All the reports I heard were good.
    I know this is an old thread, but just on the off-chance that someone else needs the info. pm me for the name of the company, or directions to their premises. It's easily missed on that road, it's a bit narrow, and there are no signs at the roadside, just some plant and machinery in the yard.

• Advertisement
Advertisement