Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

The Honkytonk Man's website notes that the former WWF Intercontinental champion is "close to signing with TNA."

Surely TNA dont need more has-beens :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

The Honkytonk Man's website notes that the former WWF Intercontinental champion is "close to signing with TNA."

Surely TNA dont need more has-beens :rolleyes:

Jesus H. Christ, next thing we'll have Jake Roberts, Warrior, or Eric Bischoff dabbling in Necromancy to bring back Gorilla Monsoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Did we ever get to see a proper Santino vs The honky donky man match? I remember that being fued being wicked funny. I think Honky got injured before the match or something though

• Registered Users Posts: 84,954 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

TNA will be full of has beens soon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    TNA will be full of has beens soon

Soon?

• Advertisement

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Did we ever get to see a proper Santino vs The honky donky man match? I remember that being fued being wicked funny. I think Honky got injured before the match or something though

Didnt they have a match at Cyber Sunday?
    Yeah that was awesome, the Honk-A-Meter :p:p

From PWInsider

The TNA Impact taping hotline for Universal Studios has been updated, with March 1st and 2nd now listed as Impact taping dates. So, when TNA goes head-to-head with WWE Raw on March 1st, it looks be a live event, not a taped episode.
    The new taping dates are not listed on TNA's website at the time of this writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

From PWInsider

The TNA Impact taping hotline for Universal Studios has been updated, with March 1st and 2nd now listed as Impact taping dates. So, when TNA goes head-to-head with WWE Raw on March 1st, it looks be a live event, not a taped episode.
    The new taping dates are not listed on TNA's website at the time of this writing.

No offense to TNA here but WWE will hammer them at the ratings for this. The 1st week in March starts up all the rivalries towards Mania. If I remember correctly, WWE got a 4.1 in the first Raw in March last year.

No offense to TNA here but WWE will hammer them at the ratings for this. The 1st week in March starts up all the rivalries towards Mania. If I remember correctly, WWE got a 4.1 in the first Raw in March last year.

Thats around the time Stone Colds GM.. so wonder will they move them it around? Run up to Mania + Steve Austin/Bret Hart on the same Raw = Massive Ratings

Thats around the time Stone Colds GM.. so wonder will they move them it around? Run up to Mania + Steve Austin/Bret Hart on the same Raw = Massive Ratings

Stone Cold is Guest GM for Feb 15th. Cheech and Chong are guest GM's that night. It really does feel like I'm after falling into a time machine now

• Advertisement

Cheech and Chong

WHO??:pac:

From WWE.Com

March 1, 2010: Cheech & Chong
    Psst - over here. So, check it out, man: The iconic comedy duo of Cheech & Chong are gonna like, take a break from their 2010 U.S. Tour just long enough to score a couple of primo gigs on Raw. The stars of several films and Grammy winners for Best Comedy Album will float into Oklahoma City to take over the show. Trippy.
    Duuuuuude, you are so not gonna want to miss this one. To check it out, tune in March 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,216 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Stoner guys who made a few films. Kinda like an older Harold and Kumar or something. Tommy Chong used to play Leo in That 70's Show (and was pretty damn good in it. Great comic timing). Cheech Marin plays Hurley's father in Lost.

Basically, your standard "Who are they and why are they on Raw?" guest hosts

Stoner guys who made a few films. Kinda like an older Harold and Kumar or something. Tommy Chong used to play Leo in That 70's Show (and was pretty damn good in it. Great comic timing). Cheech Marin plays Hurley's father in Lost.

Basically, your standard "Who are they and why are they on Raw?" guest hosts

Ah right, yeah your man from that 70s show is awesome,Big lost fan so i know of Hurleys dad, but man their random hosts though ,seriously if WWE is meant to be PG why do they have guest hosts who were famous in the 1970s?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭davrho

Dope good. Blood bad. Linda for senator:pac:

Ah right, yeah your man from that 70s show is awesome,Big lost fan so i know of Hurleys dad, but man their random hosts though ,seriously if WWE is meant to be PG why do they have guest hosts who were famous in the 1970s?

And famous for drug use no less.

At least they're old so we probably won't see them in a match.

....probably :D

And famous for drug use no less.

At least they're old so we probably won't see them in a match.

....probably :D

CM Punk to shave Cheech and Chongs hair.. :D

During a recent interview with UGO.com, Hulk Hogan commented on the possibility of Ultimate Warrior and Randy "Macho Man" Savage joining TNA Wrestling.

"The Warrior is not "alive" anymore," Hogan told UGO.com. "I did a deposition about six months ago where Vince McMahon put out a tape called The Self-Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior. And I did a deposition. I sat in a room across from him. No other wrestler would testify. He thought I was actually going to help him, but when I told the truth...I seriously doubt he and I would ever work together again. I did tell the truth at the deposition. He's the worst. He's horrible. There's nobody worse than him in the ring. So hopefully I'll never have to see him again in the ring."

As far as Savage is concerned, despite their past differences, Hogan would love to have him on board with TNA. He feels if Savage dyed his gray beard and got back into shape, he would be good enough to return to the ring.

"I'd LOVE to see the Macho Man," Hogan said. "Dye that old gray Santa Claus beard he's got. Get back in shape. And teach these young guys how to do it because I could sure use his help. He's got a great mind for the business."

Hogan also comments on the removal of the six-sided ring (calling it "a playpen"), when exactly he should have quit wrestling, back shaving tips, and more. You can read the interview in its entirety at http://www.ugo.com/tv/hulk-hogan-interview

From PWInsider

To confirm this, spike.com has added TNA Impact to their schedule on March 1, 2010 at 9:00PM. However, TNA's website has yet to post any information regarding an Impact on March 1, 2010.

According to Dixie Carter's Twitter (http://twitter.com/TNADixie), Rob Terry defeated Eric Young to win the TNA Global Championship. Here is what Carter posted…

OMG. Rob Terry just won the Global Championship. Crowd going crazy!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

According to Dixie Carter's Twitter (http://twitter.com/TNADixie), Rob Terry defeated Eric Young to win the TNA Global Championship. Here is what Carter posted…

OMG. Rob Terry just won the Global Championship. Crowd going crazy!!!

i'd severly doubt it there dixie - i couldn't give a flying **** about rob terry and i doubt anyone else does either.

oh and by the way i hate people who use the expression OMG. what are you a 14 year old girl?!?!?

seriously one minute they are pushing young next he's jobbing to the talent free zone that is rob terry.

what gives?!?!?

ayatollah wrote: »
    i'd severly doubt it there dixie - i couldn't give a flying **** about rob terry and i doubt anyone else does either.

oh and by the way i hate people who use the expression OMG. what are you a 14 year old girl?!?!?

seriously one minute they are pushing young next he's jobbing to the talent free zone that is rob terry.

what gives?!?!?

Tbh he'll lose it back, by the end of the tour, wonder were they in his hometown or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 TheNatureBoy

Its becoming a real joke now is TNA,i hear that the honky tonk man is close to signing a deal with them...are you serious the man is terrible so he is..if they go live on a monday night Raw is going to blow them away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Tribesmen7

Its becoming a real joke now is TNA,i hear that the honky tonk man is close to signing a deal with them...are you serious the man is terrible so he is..if they go live on a monday night Raw is going to blow them away

I can see it now

Honky Tonk Man vs Macho Man Randy Savage TNA 2010

• Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I read a rumour on a few sites that AJ is being asked to bleach his hair to take on Ric Flairs gimmick and look like him. WTF they really do want to kill his career.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

I am beginning to think that Hogan , Flair and Bischoff are moles from Mcmahon to put the death nail in TNAs bed I actually think it was better before they arrived, like seriously who cares about Scott Hall anymore have you seen the state of him and x-pac is nearly as bad.
    not to mention getting in jobbers like Val Venis and Orlando Jordan just because they were in WWE does not mean that they will be any good in TNA , WWE got rid of them for a reason

TNA need to be something different to WWE not a copy of what it was 15-20years ago

I read a rumour on a few sites that AJ is being asked to bleach his hair to take on Ric Flairs gimmick and look like him. WTF they really do want to kill his career.

:D:D:D

Oh dear Lord....

With the wars starting up on March 1st, TNA better get a new UK deal done fairly quickly. Will it stay on Bravo on a tape-delay or could it be shown live on another channel?

Bubba The Love Sponge announced today that Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff will be holding a "State of TNA" address live on his show tomorrow at 12:15 on Howard 101 (Sirius). They will also be taking calls.

hopefully that makes its way to youtube, its sounds like it'll be interesting:p

• Advertisement

Bubba The Love Sponge announced today that Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff will be holding a "State of TNA" address live on his show tomorrow at 12:15 on Howard 101 (Sirius). They will also be taking calls.

hopefully that makes its way to youtube, its sounds like it'll be interesting:p

WTF is a "State of TNA??"

Advertisement