Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BWE: You Book IT!...Discussion thread - Writers needed!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Shouldn't there be some discussion before hand between us all as to a long term plan or something. If we're all singing from a differemt hymn sheet and have different ideas on what should be on the PPV things could end up a bit of a clusterf*ck with ideas all over the place from week to week and people focusing on different feuds on their particular turn? Just a thought. If we have a common idea as to where we're going it might make things easier and more cohesive.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

flahavaj wrote: »
    Shouldn't there be some discussion before hand between us all as to a long term plan or something. If we're all singing from a differemt hymn sheet and have different ideas on what should be on the PPV things could end up a bit of a clusterf*ck with ideas all over the place from week to week and people focusing on different feuds on their particular turn? Just a thought. If we have a common idea as to where we're going it might make things easier and more cohesive.

good point, that will be what this thread will be for you can pass ideas by the rest of the creative team here.

Although you may want to obviously phrase your questions in a certain way so as not to fully give away your plans for your show before you get to post it. For instance you could ask if anyone has any plans to debut someone from FCW or something like that soon before you introduce a new wrestler incase you mess up future plans (maybe not the best example).

I guess some common sense will need to be adhered to. obviously only a certain amount of matches can be built for a ppv for example and more of those matches will have to be announced in the earlier shows so if you have a later week youll have to just focus on improving already announced feuds.

Im sure we will improve as we go too but sure some of the fun will be the clusterfukc-ness that might occur at times with the real feeling of what will they book next and how will the next person follow up how the last show just ended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Shaneomac

Can I still give it a go BH?

Shaneomac wrote: »
    Can I still give it a go BH?

sure ill add you to the current list, will be a while till your go now but youll have lots to work with by then and will have gotten the chance to see everyone else at it.

if anyone else is interested you can still put your name forward.

and Furious-Red if tonights Raw is anything to go by ive an inkling your first instalment of BWE Raw will be much better than WWE Raw in comparison.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

and Furious-Red if tonights Raw is anything to go by ive an inkling your first instalment of BWE Raw will be much better than WWE Raw in comparison.

Ha thanks , shall get on working on it over the next while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Id like to be involved if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,030 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i'd love to man, but i just don't think i'll be able to contribute properly time-wise.

i can't wait to read it though. judging by similar threads in the past it should be a genuine slobberknocker. :)

Id like to be involved if possible.

good on ya, added to the list of bookers (see the OP in the stickied thread).
    SlickRic wrote: »
    i'd love to man, but i just don't think i'll be able to contribute properly time-wise.

i can't wait to read it though. judging by similar threads in the past it should be a genuine slobberknocker. :)

hopefully youll be right, and sure you can always get added to the creative team down the line when your time constraints are less than at the moment. Although at some point i will, to borrow a term from the mob, close the books on new members to the BWE creative team, so that people dont have to wait months to write another show, but right now the more the merrier imo.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

good point, that will be what this thread will be for you can pass ideas by the rest of the creative team here.

Although you may want to obviously phrase your questions in a certain way so as not to fully give away your plans for your show before you get to post it. For instance you could ask if anyone has any plans to debut someone from FCW or something like that soon before you introduce a new wrestler incase you mess up future plans (maybe not the best example).

I guess some common sense will need to be adhered to. obviously only a certain amount of matches can be built for a ppv for example and more of those matches will have to be announced in the earlier shows so if you have a later week youll have to just focus on improving already announced feuds.

Im sure we will improve as we go too but sure some of the fun will be the clusterfukc-ness that might occur at times with the real feeling of what will they book next and how will the next person follow up how the last show just ended.

Maybe PPV matches should be limited to 3 or 4 for each show. We don't want a massive PPV causing us to run out of matches feuds etc.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Maybe PPV matches should be limited to 3 or 4 for each show. We don't want a massive PPV causing us to run out of matches feuds etc.

understand where your coming from there and maybe we should put a limit on matches but id suggest something like 7 per PPV not 4 as well there are Tag, Womens, Divas, IC, US, ECW, HW, WWE champs alone in the WWE (although perhaps the ECW champ wont be involved as its just Raw & SD) and 4 would mean atleast 4 of those belts not being defended at each PPV.

I guess again we will just have to use some sort of common sense and not just book the as many of the biggest matches we can on each upcoming PPV's so as to save them for bigger PPVs etc. Similarily we wont just introduce a new ME feud for each PPV as we want to be better than the real bookers and realise that a series of matches in a feud like in the recent CM Punk vs Jeff Hardy feud is better than just seing what next big match we can book.

Of course all these things can be discussed in here. say I introduce a new rivalry in my episode of BWE Raw and despite being a polite fellow you think maybe we could do without that extra feud atm, then say so here and if others agree, the next person can write it out or put it on ice somehow till later.

Im not the authority on all these things though and appreciate people making suggestions like this

• Advertisement

Sorry I meant 3 or 4 from Raw and 3 or 4 from Smackdown. So around 7 like you suggest

Sorry I meant 3 or 4 from Raw and 3 or 4 from Smackdown. So around 7 like you suggest

a well then yes i fully agree :)

seing as its the 1st week and we dont have any previous to base our actions on, I thought id mention that seing as the Spoilers are already out for SD its possible to already start thinking about what your (The Cannibal) going to put in your show as you now have what the first BWE Smackdown will follow on from.

Obviously though even if you do write it up beforehand id suggest holding on posting up your show till Furious Red has posted his, especially when you consider that the tag champs will most likely be appearing on both shows so despite the fact that they are already facing MVP/Henry at Breaking point you will still most likely be using them on your show and might want to refer to what they just did on Raw.

speaking of the tag champs i'd suggest that we probably just rotate who gets to book what they are doing for PPVs. this month it will have to be the Raw bookers as their match has already been announced but with them being the only people who will be on both brands it could lead to future booking conflicts so i guess the easiest thing to do would just be to say that next month its SD's turn to get a shot at the belts on PPV, then back to Raw etc unless we end up with a rematch situation etc but that can be talked over in this thread.

again i come in to make a lil point (The cannibal obv doesent have to wait till SD airs to write his) and then end up writing a long post.

I have a a couple of questions for answer/discussion

Are we sticking with the WWE rosters?

If a guy gets suspended (Like Rey) is he off BWE also? If its not decided yet I say yes.

Also are we staying similar to wwe's roster placements. Or are we going down our own road and potentially having a Jack Swagger or Miz as champ without winning a title on WWE Raw.

I have a a couple of questions for answer/discussion
    as i keep saying its not down to just me so hopefully others will give their opinions
    Are we sticking with the WWE rosters?
    I would think yes although with the possibility of of promoting people from FCW and ECW (as we arent making our own BWE ECW), but we would want to do this sensibly and only call up a new roster member (danielson, Low Ki, Sheamus etc) every so often and not every week/show.
    If a guy gets suspended (Like Rey) is he off BWE also? If its not decided yet I say yes.
    I would also say yes as it adds to the challenge and keeps it as a viable comparison to the real thing. For instance it would be easy to write a better SD if you had Edge at your disposal but unfortunatley he is injured.
    Also are we staying similar to wwe's roster placements. Or are we going down our own road and potentially having a Jack Swagger or Miz as champ without winning a title on WWE Raw.

I'd imagine we would start with similar placements but if collectivley (as it will be pretty hard to push someone without the support of the other writers) we believe that a mid carder should be pushed to the main event then i see no reason for it not to happen just cos the WWE wont be doing that.

we should hopefully have our first show in the next few days too with furious red prob posting before Raw actually airs monday

I would think yes although with the possibility of of promoting people from FCW and ECW (as we arent making our own BWE ECW), but we would want to do this sensibly and only call up a new roster member (danielson, Low Ki, Sheamus etc) every so often and not every week/show.

That makes sense
    I would also say yes as it adds to the challenge and keeps it as a viable comparison to the real thing. For instance it would be easy to write a better SD if you had Edge at your disposal but unfortunatley he is injured.

So thats two yes'. If anyone thinks differant please say so.

I'd imagine we would start with similar placements but if collectivley (as it will be pretty hard to push someone without the support of the other writers) we believe that a mid carder should be pushed to the main event then i see no reason for it not to happen just cos the WWE wont be doing that.

I never thought of it like that, if everyone gets behind someone then it will be natural for us to make them a bigger star so it would work out well.

i want to push khali to the stars

You will need a big Rocket Ship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Can you leave him there once you've pushed him far enough away?:pac:

Im nearly finished writing up Raw so it should be up later on

• Advertisement

This should be interesting!! first night!

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

Im nearly finished writing up Raw so it should be up later on

Ditto with Smackdown!

Just put it up there.

Just put it up there.

Good stuff.

Nice to see Miz and Kofi mixing with Cena and Orton.:)

Just put it up there.

yup good stuff, given my a good lot of stuff to work with as i book the next BWE Raw. I've got a feeling that yours will be a good bit better than the real thing tonight too and does build well to the PPV also.

will we really never see Hornswaggle again :eek:

so far announced for BWE Breaking point...

Orton (c) vs Cena - I quit match
    MVP/Henry vs Jericho/Big Show (c)
    DX vs Legacy - No DQ match

was Kofi vs the Miz officially announced last week? i cant remember, kinda erased that Raw from my memory... if so thats all of Raw already set up for breaking point.

SD

CM Punk vs The Undertaker - Submission match

and the Dolph vs Mysterio match which The Cannibal is bound to be currently finding a way around having at BP due to Mysterio's suspension.

Just had another read of the first BWE show.

I felt bad for Hornswoggle being lefty in a pool of blood:(

Felt bad for HHH getting hit on the HEAD with the hammer, BWE must stand for Boards Wrestling Extreme!

I did like the ideas behind Chavo getting made into a respectable performer, Legacy looking more and more credible and the placing of Miz and Kofi in the main event.

It Gives BH a good platform to work from.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

Smackdown! is posted.

Smackdown! is posted.

looks good, also looks kinda long for a guy whos had a few whiskeys to read but i notice someone got his debut on this weeks BWE Smackdown, im sure a load of people will be thinking 'damn i wanted to debut him' but im just happy he is on the right brand for him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Hmmm, not trying to nitpick but should he have been allowed to debut on one show before he has officially been put on a brand? Are all of the shows allowed to use him for the minute and let him build up some heat by doing the Brock type demolition stuff before officially being debuted, cos if so I think that would be pretty cool and a great boost for all brands. Since he is still tecnically a free-agent since WWE haven't put him on a show, but I think him being just on SD would be a bit unfair on the Raw side since this is supposed to be based on the available roster of each show.

• Advertisement

orestes wrote: »
    Hmmm, not trying to nitpick but should he have been allowed to debut on one show before he has officially been put on a brand? Are all of the shows allowed to use him for the minute and let him build up some heat by doing the Brock type demolition stuff before officially being debuted, cos if so I think that would be pretty cool and a great boost for all brands. Since he is still tecnically a free-agent since WWE haven't put him on a show, but I think him being just on SD would be a bit unfair on the Raw side since this is supposed to be based on the available roster of each show.

guess it all just depends on whatever the next person to book a BWE show does with him. If whoever that person is ;) refers to him as a free agent and has him on their show then yes we can go that way, if not then youd have to expect him to turn up on the next BWE SD to perhaps explain his actions.

Advertisement