Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anywhere stock cans of Hobgoblin, Spitfire etc. type ales?

• 15-07-2014 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

Hi I'm going to few music festivals and I'm looking to possibly stock up on cans of Hobgoblin, Spitfire, Wells Bombardier, London Pride or similar ales. Tesco have all these on offer in the Uk at the moment. Does anywhere in Ireland stock these? I know Tesco Ireland had Hobgoblin 440ml on offer last year.

Any help appreciated! :)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Drinkstore has a few Brewdog cans, as well as some American ales usually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

Molloy's in Clonsilla had some Spitfire a couple of weeks back. They may have them at an outlet closer to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭SteeveeDee

Hi I'm going to few music festivals and I'm looking to possibly stock up on cans of Hobgoblin, Spitfire, Wells Bombardier, London Pride or similar ales. Tesco have all these on offer in the Uk at the moment. Does anywhere in Ireland stock these? I know Tesco Ireland had Hobgoblin 440ml on offer last year.

Any help appreciated! :)

I have not been there in a few months but Molloys on Francis Street,Dublin 8 usually has Hobgoblin and Old Speckled Hen in cans and on occasion I have seen cans of London Pride. They're in the fridge at the back. Maybe give them a call to see if they still stock them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

Have seen Hobgoblin cans in O'Briens in Blanchardstown Shopping Centre, though price didn't strike me as great (can't recall the exact price). Can only presume other locations would also stock it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Supervalu on the quays sometimes have canned bitters.

London Pride apart - a good beer - you could get pretty close with the cans of Bass they sell in Tesco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,950 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

I've seen some of the English cans in the Off Licence at Rathgar cross roads. Drinkstore sometimes has them though I didn't see any in there yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭twerg_85

O'Briens in Beacon had cans of hobgoblin, Sierra Nevada and Brewdog recently.

I've seen Fuller's London Pride in Tesco Dundrum a few times (haven't been in recently).

Cellar in Blackrock has cans of Brewdog and (I think) Sierra Nevada.
    F.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

The off-license on the corner beside Tesco in Phibsboro has cans of Hobgoblin presently. They're kind of pricey at around €2.50 each though and are 440ml cans. But it's one of the more expensive off-licenses in the general vicinity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

The Aldi in Ashbourne has bottles of Hobgoblin. I forgot to check if they have cans also. Maybe check your local Aldi.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭matrim

The drinks direct in Ringsend had some Hobgoblin cans last week.

• Advertisement
Advertisement