Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DDP Yoga, anyone on it?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Think im gonna start this during the summer once my exams end . Since everyone seems to recommend it so well

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Think im gonna start this during the summer once my exams end . Since everyone seems to recommend it so well

I've just attempted another one of the work-outs (Stand Up) and I'm really feeling it. My hip flexors have been on fire since I did Red Hot Core on Saturday. It hasn't changed my life, but it's a fantastic option to have for days when running/gym/team sports aren't on the cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Got DDP Yoga and I am going to try it tomorrow night for the first time.
    Seems really good and to be honest I am sick of being out of shape. Was a regular gym-go'er from 2004 until 2010 and the whole 'you dont miss something until its gone' saying is so true.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Fat Burner isn't as intense as I was expecting, but still tough enough to get me sweating around the 15 minute mark! :D

I'm going to give the Diamond Cutter a go on Thursday. It's twice as long so I'm expecting to be wiped out after it. Building up to attempting the Double Black Diamond early next week.

Sorry if this is against the rules of the site. Mods delete if necessary.

If anyone doesn't use their DDP Yoga pack anymore or aren't happy with it - PM me because I would be interested in buying it off you and trying it out.

Don't want to go through customs and all getting it in from the States.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

He really should have it up for purchase as a download on his site for the international market. Its basic business nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Finally tried DDP Yoga tonight after ages of telling myself just to try it and it's good. It's really good.

No doubt in my mind that a person can loose weight and get in shape with this. It's been two hours since I did the fat burner and I can feel it :)
    Like, I am totally out of shape right now but a couple of years ago I was a regular gym-go'er who was slim n' tonned. But sitting here as I type this it feels like I am just back from the gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

Finally tried DDP Yoga tonight after ages of telling myself just to try it and it's good. It's really good.

No doubt in my mind that a person can loose weight and get in shape with this. It's been two hours since I did the fat burner and I can feel it :)
    Like, I am totally out of shape right now but a couple of years ago I was a regular gym-go'er who was slim n' tonned. But sitting here as I type this it feels like I am just back from the gym.
    Stick with this and you won't need a gym anymore !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Might try it out... Where'd you get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Hoozle

DDP Yoga has made the New York Times: 'The Rise of Beefcake Yoga' t.co/aZf4CpJXzu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,790 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I see DDP it's helping youtube personality boogie2988 who some people may know as Francis. Interview with DDP on his page
    www.youtube.com/user/boogie2988

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Still keeping this up but only 2/3 times a week, mainly for my back issues. I may start working in some of the red hot core to lose some weight, but I cannot stress enough how incredible it is for my mobility.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Imagine if this happened:

IFbiS74.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

Thinking of giving DDP Yoga a go. I'm all set to buy it but in the Q@A part under the question "will your dvd work here?" it says "Our DVDs are Region 0 (region free) NTSC DVDs. They work on 99% of DVD players with the exception of PAL units."

Aren't we under PAL region? For those that bought the DVD will it work on my Playstation 4 or my laptop? I'm excited about buying it but don't want to fork out the money only to find the DVD wont play.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

Thinking of giving DDP Yoga a go. I'm all set to buy it but in the Q@A part under the question "will your dvd work here?" it says "Our DVDs are Region 0 (region free) NTSC DVDs. They work on 99% of DVD players with the exception of PAL units."

Aren't we under PAL region? For those that bought the DVD will it work on my Playstation 4 or my laptop? I'm excited about buying it but don't want to fork out the money only to find the DVD wont play.

Works perfectly here on laptop and DVD player.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Mick Foley joined the DDP Yoga cult:

C6VdPyB.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

I've been thinking of getting some sort of home workout DVD myself and had never considered DDP yoga until now. I've about 4 stone to lose but I've been doing zero exercise recently and my diet has been very bad, so I've out on a few extra lbs.

Do you have to pay import duty on these DVDs? I always seem to get stung anytime I order anything from the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭shinzon

rovert wrote: »
    Mick Foley joined the DDP Yoga cult:

C6VdPyB.jpg

Be interesting to see if it makes any difference to Mick, would like to think it would but theres so much wrong there that I doubt it fingers crossed though

Shin

I reckon I might buy a set of these. Any idea which is the best set to get? From looking at his website, the combo pack seems to have most or all of the workouts I want.

I've a good chunk of weight to lose which I know requires changes to my diet, however my knees can give me some trouble at times which has me thinking this might be good also.

Do you mark the stuff as a gift when ordering? Anytime I order anything from Amazon US, even if its only about €30 in value, I seem to get stung with import tax.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Looking to order this myself. Surprised it's not available through a uk supplier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I got the max pack and didn't get hit by customs. Also got it in less than a week and had access to the starter videos online and mp3s the day I paid.

I got the max pack and didn't get hit by customs. Also got it in less than a week and had access to the starter videos online and mp3s the day I paid.

How are you getting on with it?

Tugboats wrote: »
    How are you getting on with it?

Most of the time it's really good but there are times that I really hate how smiley and cheery DDP and his team are when i'm in the middle of doing something that is kicking my arse.

I'm not concerned about my weight but I have zero fitness or sports background and am not used to regular exercise outside of walking. So I figured this would be good to just increase my general fitness levels . I started with the beginner course and found it really good. It eases you into it and in that way gives you a chance to get the poses right etc.. I was all gung ho for it till i got to 'below the belt' which I just seem to suck at, which was a bit demoralising and I really didn't look forward to the days when I had to do it but i kept going and finished out the programme and after i got my breath back after Diamond Cutter (which also killed me and is the final workout in the beginners section) i felt really good, like i'd achieved something. Actually, always feel pretty good once i've finished a workout. Had very little aches and pains after the first week of doing it.

Anyway, my overall fitness and flexibility definitely improved though i'm not holding my foot over my head like you see people do in the pics and according to my gf I've toned up a good bit but I don't really see it.

I wasn't too keen on starting the intermediate programme straight after the Beginner so instead I decided to just spend a few weeks where I'd just do Below the Belt three times a week to kinda get past my dread of it before moving on to do the same with Diamond Cutter and then starting the more advanced workouts. That's where I am at the minute with it (well, actually haven't done it in a week due to flu that makes me feel like my head is gonna explode if i bend over :eek:) And i feel guilty that i haven't done it in a week :o

I couldn't get into the whole Team DDP and tracking your progress thing on his site so I didn't really bother with that. I didn't implement the diet plan either as I'm not the worst eater but I might give it a go in future. It's a good workout system though for those like me that aren't sporty, though i probably made it harder on meself by deciding i'd do it before work in the mornings at half past stupid o'clock most days....oh and a good tip is don't eat before doing it, can be quite uncomfortable.

Most of the time it's really good but there are times that I really hate how smiley and cheery DDP and his team are when i'm in the middle of doing something that is kicking my arse.

I'm not concerned about my weight but I have zero fitness or sports background and am not used to regular exercise outside of walking. So I figured this would be good to just increase my general fitness levels . I started with the beginner course and found it really good. It eases you into it and in that way gives you a chance to get the poses right etc.. I was all gung ho for it till i got to 'below the belt' which I just seem to suck at, which was a bit demoralising and I really didn't look forward to the days when I had to do it but i kept going and finished out the programme and after i got my breath back after Diamond Cutter (which also killed me and is the final workout in the beginners section) i felt really good, like i'd achieved something. Actually, always feel pretty good once i've finished a workout. Had very little aches and pains after the first week of doing it.

Anyway, my overall fitness and flexibility definitely improved though i'm not holding my foot over my head like you see people do in the pics and according to my gf I've toned up a good bit but I don't really see it.

I wasn't too keen on starting the intermediate programme straight after the Beginner so instead I decided to just spend a few weeks where I'd just do Below the Belt three times a week to kinda get past my dread of it before moving on to do the same with Diamond Cutter and then starting the more advanced workouts. That's where I am at the minute with it (well, actually haven't done it in a week due to flu that makes me feel like my head is gonna explode if i bend over :eek:) And i feel guilty that i haven't done it in a week :o

I couldn't get into the whole Team DDP and tracking your progress thing on his site so I didn't really bother with that. I didn't implement the diet plan either as I'm not the worst eater but I might give it a go in future. It's a good workout system though for those like me that aren't sporty, though i probably made it harder on meself by deciding i'd do it before work in the mornings at half past stupid o'clock most days....oh and a good tip is don't eat before doing it, can be quite uncomfortable.

Cheers man great review

Ordered the combo pack this evening. Lets see how long it takes to get here. Hopefully no customs charges either!

Just ordered the max pack. Says 3-6 weeks delivery but hopefully sooner than that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I didn't implement the diet plan either as I'm not the worst eater but I might give it a go in future.

Sorry to ask another question but is the diet fairly specific or is it general eat so many carbs, so much protein etc?

I'm thinking about getting this to help me lose weight (not obese or anything could do with losing a stone or 2) but I know nothing about proteins in food and all of that, I kind of need a diet where I'm told I can eat so and so this day, rather than leaving it up to me to go researching it.

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Sorry to ask another question but is the dust fairly specific or is it general eat so many carbs, so much protein etc?

I'm thinking about getting this to help me lose weight (not obese or anything could do with losing a stone or 2) but I know nothing about proteins in food and all of that, I kind of need a diet where I'm told I can eat so and so this day, rather than leaving it up to me to go researching it.

sent you a pm

Tugboats wrote: »
    Just ordered the max pack. Says 3-6 weeks delivery but hopefully sooner than that

Let us know when it arrives. Sounds like we both ordered around the same time.

This can't arrive soon enough for me. I really need to get in shape and lose some weight. I know I need to adjust my diet mainly, but I need to start doing some exercise and my knees aren't the best at times (due to my weight) so hopefully this will help.

• Advertisement

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Sorry to ask another question but is the diet fairly specific or is it general eat so many carbs, so much protein etc?

Not sure if Tugboats sorted you but it does give you pretty good instructions on what you should and shouldn't eat. It tells you what type stuff to have, when and what to avoid as well as giving some recipes.

Advertisement