Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

How many weeks are you now Laura? Did they give you a date? So glad everything went well for you at the scan, its amazing how much they move around Im there isn't it, was so funny watching it doing summer salts :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭laura.

Had my scan today with my own doctors, and I measured 13weeks4days so 5th time round I have been given a new EDD lol. Hope they stick to this one. August 18th it is ladies. Delighted I'm now in my second trimester hurray for us. Hope you are all keeping well girlies

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kinioiri

Same due date as me Laura :)

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

It amazing how much they grow in a short amount of time isn't it? Had another scan yesterday, last one was only 3 weeks ago but the difference was unbelievable! And baby was sucking its thumb, awww!

Anyone else feeling the first flutters yet? I've started feeling them this week, makes it feel so much more real, can't wait to meet baby :)

ah october thats brilliant must of been so cute with baby sucking its thumb, i have to wait another nearly 4 weeks for my next scan and i cant wail ill be just the 20 weeks then, hard to believe its so close to the half way mark,

no flutters yet but both my sisters didnt feel anything untill 18/19 weeks on all there pregnancys so would say ill be the same x cant wait to feel it move though, i will prob cry haha :)

crying at everything at the moment, have to put my car up for sale, only got it last summer and i saved for almost 3 years to get a car that i love and its not suitable for a baby, and i nearly couldnt breath with all the crying at the thoughts of it, today i had spuds on to par boil and i completly forgot about them, and all the water boiled off and i burned the arse out of the saucepan and im still upset about that :( sill i know,

• Advertisement

Aw betsie ya poor thing! The hormones are a b*tch, was so glad once I was past 12 weeks and could tell people so they could understand why I was such a blubbering mess! That's a shame about your car, just one of the many sacrifices us mammies will have to make, will be worth it when you have babs in your arms x

Went into my local supervalu today and picked up my eumom pack, these is some great samples and information in it, well worth picking up, its free :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Grapefruit Moon

0ctober wrote: »
    It amazing how much they grow in a short amount of time isn't it? Had another scan yesterday, last one was only 3 weeks ago but the difference was unbelievable! And baby was sucking its thumb, awww!

Anyone else feeling the first flutters yet? I've started feeling them this week, makes it feel so much more real, can't wait to meet baby :)

October can u ask how far along are you? I'm only 14 weeks today's but last night lying n bed I started feeling this very gentle but insistent rubbing or pushing, didn't know what to think!! Really want to believe its the baby but am I being totally stupid/wishful thinking?! It prob was wind or something but still....

Anyway, all us August mums to be (still sounds weird, going to be a mum in August!) should be in our 2nd trimesters now, which is the good one yeah?! Hope everyone is well xx

I'm 16+2 today. Yeah I found at first I wasn't sure was it the first movements or was it just wind! But it was kind of like a really faint flutter or pulsing feeling where my womb is. I thought it was too early but then it kept happening and has gotten stronger, feels more like a little wriggling movement now! It's so weird to think there's a tiny person moving inside you, OH is so jealous, he can't wait to feel it from the outside! For all the yucky parts of pregnancy that men get away with not having to deal with I'm glad we have these nice parts that only we can feel :)

You never know Grapefruit Moon it could have been baby, its so hard to tell initially, but if it keeps happening and gets stronger then you'll know for sure!

So jealous can't wait to start feeling movements :-) both my sisters were 19/20 weeks when they felt 1st movements so Im just guessing that i will be the same ,

hope all us August mammy's are keeping well this well, has anyone decided if they are going to find out the sex or not? I always said i wouldn't but oh wants to know, x

• Advertisement

I thought before I got pregnant I would be dying to find out what I am having. I have two gorgeous boys, must admit would love a girl. Now I am pregnant I don't want to find out, I don't mind either way as long as babs is healthy and happy.
    Feeling really crap today, I have a head cold, hoping it doesn't develop into flu. Aches and pains earlier so I took 2 paracetamol, seemed to have helped. Anyone know any natural remedies for a cold/flu, I know paracetamol are safe to take, but I don't want to take too many.

Drink some honey and lemon, had a head cold myself2 weeks ago and that's all i took x

• Registered Users Posts: 10 A4D

Hey every1 im 15weeks this week due the 17th august with baby number 3 suffered a stillbirth and a miscarriage in may and sept of 2011 i have a scan every 4 weeks so thats very reassuring i hope ye r all well back up for another scan in march everything so far so good any1 else due d 17th ?? :)

Hey A4D, welcome to the thread! Sorry to hear you had a rough time, glad everything is going well now. How have you been feeling so far?

Kiniori- are we allowed to take paracetemol? If so THANK GOD, I've had a headache since Sunday that just won't budge, rang my doc to see what am I allowed to take and she said absolutely nothing, maybe a panadol if it's unbearable... But she's always extremely over cautious with absolutely everything, so I would kind of take her advice with a pinch of salt. Uuugghh I just want to feel normal again!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 A4D

0ctober wrote: »
    Hey A4D, welcome to the thread! Sorry to hear you had a rough time, glad everything is going well now. How have you been feeling so far?

Kiniori- are we allowed to take paracetemol? If so THANK GOD, I've had a headache since Sunday that just won't budge, rang my doc to see what am I allowed to take and she said absolutely nothing, maybe a panadol if it's unbearable... But she's always extremely over cautious with absolutely everything, so I would kind of take her advice with a pinch of salt. Uuugghh I just want to feel normal again!!!!

Benn ok very sick but i wont complain on daily injections and tablets to keep baby alive delighted over the scans tho very reassuring..when u due?:)

I'm due the 3rd, please God! I'd say you're delighted with the scans, very reassuring. Fingers crossed for you and your little one x

Welcome along to the thread a4d , so sorry for everything went through , delighted your getting scaned so often, hope everything goes ok for you,

i have been told that paracetomol is ok to take if its a must, i work for a dentist and she said the same, if have to take it do, don't suffer.

I have such bad heart burn since Monday night, nothing will get rid of it, i just want a good nights sleep x

Hi A4D, my God you have had a rough time. I had a miscarriage with my first pregnancy, but have had 2 healthy boys since. I had extra scans with my first little boy too, its very reassuring. I don't know if anyone is religious, but St. Gerard is the Patron Saint of expectant Mothers. I carried a little prayer in my wallet during my 2 pregnancies then I gave it to a friend. I didn't want to ask for it back so I got one from this website annsangels.ie for this pregnancy.I wouldn't be a devout Christian or anything, but it just gives me peace of mind.
    We can take paracetamol. I checked the internet and called a friend who just had her third baby, she suffered from dreadful headaches and she took it regularly. I would rather not take anything, but paracetamol is safe. There is no point suffering if something can be taken. The cold is much better today. I went to bed lastnight at 8.30 and slept until 7.30!

My mother got me a relic of st geard, it used to belong to a neighbour of ours at home , who passed away 2years ago, her husband gave it to mam when he found out i was pregnant, and its beautiful,

god you got such a good sleep last night, been a while since i slept that long x

Welcome A4D, my god you've been through the mill, can only imagine the anxiety you must be feeling for this little one but thats great about the regular scans, it must be great to get that regular reassurance. We'll all be rooting for you and your little one here.

Funny people are talking about paracetamol and headaches today, I've had such a bad headache today that's been building over the last few days, is it a Preggo thing? I couldn't concentrate so took 2 paracetamol after checking with the doctors and pharmacy in my work (work in a hospital) who all said its fine to take and headache has gone since. Funny thing is I never normally take tablets for anything but it was getting so bad today I had to.
    Started pregnancy yoga last night and got weirdly emotional, it was like being admitted to this special group or something and I couldn't quite believe I belonged in the same group as all these pregnant women, weird!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 scunners

Sometimes it's freaky reading this thread -we're all going through such similar stuff at the same time, this whole pregnancy thing must be very predictable! Had a killer headache for about three days this weekend, I never get them normally. Suffered without pills cos I thought you couldn't take anything then found out paracetamol was fine and it got better by itself.
    And I also went to pregnancy yoga for the first time tonight and was nearly in tears out of nowhere. Even though I'm surrounded by friends and family who've had kids, it was just lovely to be in a group of women all going through it right now. Hurt like hell though cos I've really messed up my back, not impressed!
    Good luck A4D and all of you as always!

Would love to go to pregnancy yoga but there is no classes near me,

It's gone very quiet on here the past few days. Hope everyone is keeping well. :) Had a dentist appointment today,haven't been there for 6 years. Would rather go to the labour ward:p
    I need no fillings or extractions. Happy Days! She did tell me to ditch the whitening tooth paste, it causes sensitivity especially in pregnancy. Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. x

Hi all, hope everyone is well.
    My husband is away and I've 2 of my best friends staying with me this weekend for a girlie weekend but last night we had to leave the restaurant because I started throwing up, spent the whole night vomiting like never before :confused::( . Think it might of been because I had too much caffeine and sugar earlier in the morning, then we did a lot of walking and there was too long a gap between eating lunch and dinner. Still though, got a bit worried but my friends were great in reassurring me. Still feel a bit weak and sick, not sure if I can eat yet but prob should.
    On a more positive note though I was pretty sure I could feel flutters on Friday and then last night too :) but am still thinking of going to the gp on Monday just to get reassurance this is all ok and not something to worry about and maybe hear the heartbeat if I can. Would anyone else or is this me over reacting??

ah grapefruit sounds like you had a horrible night you poor thing, if it would make you feel better go to the doc,

17 weeks today, been feeling small flutters the last few days, can't wait now to feel a full force kick just for reassurance again, x

hope everyone is keeping well and hope ye all have a good week x

Thanks Betsie, took today off and slept for the majority of it is obviously I needed it. Have a docs appt for tomorrow, reassurance outweighs feeling silly!

Just realised Julie London hasn't been back to the thread in a long time, hope everything is ok with her.

So, what stage is everyone at and what date are people due? Who will be the first August Momma among us?! I'll start :)

I was 15 weeks yday and due 19th August!

was only thinking of her the other day, hope she is ok

we should start a list

betsie 3rd August
    grapefruit moon 19th August

0ctober 3rd August :)

Can't beat the sleep Grapefruit Moon, best medicine ever. I had a night like you a few weeks ago where I was sick all night, fine the next day. It could be that you went so long without eating and your blood sugar level went a bit low. I feel sick when my tummy is empty. Not a bad idea to carry a piece of fruit in the handbag or a bit of choccie!

I'm 15 weeks since Saturday, due August 18th:) I was one day early with my first son and ten days over with my second. I was induced after the ten days. Don't think I will be first to go somehow!

• Advertisement

Im the same if my stomach is empty then Im sick, always have something with me just in case.

have a doc appointment in the morning, hoping to hear the heart beat x

Advertisement