Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Speech and language therapy UL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Kitty22

I applied last year and found out on the 7th of feb! So should be soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Maryorange

I would say the would be looking for refferance if I had a place on either the speech and language and occupational programme.I am disappointed, not looking forward to letter this week.

Maryorange wrote: »
    I would say the would be looking for refferance if I had a place on either the speech and language and occupational programme.I am disappointed, not looking forward to letter this week.
    No I would say they will look for documentation after u accept a place. Good luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Has anyone heared anything yet? Starting to get worried!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kelemina

I'm still waiting to hear as well. Glad it's not just me! The waiting is driving me up the walls

• Advertisement

Me too I was hoping no news was good news :)

I have got no letter yet

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ulslt

I'm currently on the course and the department is pretty short staffed at the moment! So I wouldn't be surprised if ye get yer letters a bit later this year!

Decisions are in online!!!

I got no email not looking good!!!

• Advertisement

I got no email not looking good!!!
    It's not an email. You can check your application status online on the UL website. You would have been given a username and password when u first submitted your application.

Didn't get in :( Disappointing, but I sort of guessed at the open day I wasn't what they were looking for.

panda100 wrote: »
    Didn't get in :( Disappointing, but I sort of guessed at the open day I wasn't what they were looking for.
    As far as I know people rarely get in to this course on their first application. I was told that most people know what UL are looking for by their 3rd application and get in then. Fortunately my 2nd application was successful so don'e give up on it!

How do u check I am looking where u enter password to check my application.its very difficult to get a place do many applications.

How do u check I am looking where u enter password to check my application.its very difficult to get a place do many applications.

Here's the link: http://www.si.ul.ie/

Kitty22 wrote: »
    As far as I know people rarely get in to this course on their first application. I was told that most people know what UL are looking for by their 3rd application and get in then. Fortunately my 2nd application was successful so don'e give up on it!
    u for some

Ah well done Kitty.Might have to ask you on some advice for next year

Do! Let me know if u need advice :)

Congrats kitty,thanks for link

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MeMe_C

Hi there, I applied this year as well and didn't get in! Just wondering if they said ye were on the reserve list or not...does this mean anything really?

MeMe_C wrote: »
    Hi there, I applied this year as well and didn't get in! Just wondering if they said ye were on the reserve list or not...does this mean anything really?
    I'd say the reserve list is in case people turn down an offer so their place is given to people on waiting lists.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 EdenGirl

MeMe_C wrote: »
    I rang UL last week when the waiting was driving me mad to find out when we'd know, the lady said that every year they take people off the reserve list and to ring them to find out where on the list you are and to get feedback on your application.

Would they tell you if you were on the reserve list? On my letter it said they 'gave particular consideration to my application'. I'm just wondering if this is a generic response or if they did actually pay particular attention to my application.

Would they tell you if you were on the reserve list? On my letter it said they 'gave particular consideration to my application'. I'm just wondering if this is a generic response or if they did actually pay particular attention to my application.
    I'd say they would tell you. I didn't get it last year and it said that in my letter too!

It probably is but it's no harm to ring and see what they say, at the very least you might find out what you would need to apply again

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MeMe_C

Yes, the said in my letter that I am on the reserve list! I will ring them tomorrow just to find out what this means and where I am placed on the list. Is their anyone in particular I should contact?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Krazylotty123

Kitty22 wrote: »

Congrats Kitty :) I also was successful in my application... Do you know if there is a fb page yet for us to find each other? They did one last year that i gather was quite useful in finding accommodation, reading, sharing info, etc. I can try and make one if not (how, I have no idea :rolleyes: ) so excited and nervous already...

Congrats Kitty :) I also was successful in my application... Do you know if there is a fb page yet for us to find each other? They did one last year that i gather was quite useful in finding accommodation, reading, sharing info, etc. I can try and make one if not (how, I have no idea :rolleyes: ) so excited and nervous already...
    Well done Krazylotty! I don't know anything about fb pages but that would be handy alright! I'm already thinking about accommodation and am worried of the thought of living with strangers! ahh!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 a.stack

Thought i'd help out and set up the facebook page for you. Its for anyone that gets into the course its:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/115271441991152/

Its a closed group. The current 1st years have it and it is really handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 a.stack

p.s Congrats in getting in! as for those on the reserve list, just to let you know that a lot of reserves do get in (once you're in the top ten). Its well worth asking to see where you are in the list.

• Advertisement

a.stack wrote: »
    Thought i'd help out and set up the facebook page for you. Its for anyone that gets into the course its:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/115271441991152/

Its a closed group. The current 1st years have it and it is really handy.

That's such a good idea, I'll join it now. I'm so excited but nervous too I've no idea about where to live or anything like that

Advertisement