Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

welcome along and congratulations on your pregnancy mammytobe,

its a shock when your not expecting it alright, i would make an appointment with your gp as soon as possible,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

mammytobe wrote: »
    Hi girls. I am very happy to see this thread.
    Found out at the weekend that I am expecting my first baby. Im so nervous and dont know what to be feeling!
    In a long-term relationship so all in fine in that aspect just a bit of a shock.

The digital test said im 4-5 weeks gone, but I cant remember what dates my last period was.
    When should I go to the doctor, do they book a scan or do I do it myself???

Sorry for the questions, I think this thread with be my new best friend for the next 8 or so months!!! :)

Hi Mammytobe...I am exactly the same as yourself. Found out about 2 weeks ago, big surprise but just getting my head around it now and beginning to get a bit excited! I had my doc's appointment the other day, I am about 7weeks now(but like you, I won't be sure of dates until my scan) Your GP will organise your scan and you'll just get the letter telling you the date as far as I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mammytobe

Thanks Betsie. Gee_G ye I think Im a bit better today. :D
    Im gonna try get an app next week, its hard to get time off work.

yeah do try and go soon, im like a child waiting for the post everyday waiting for my letter to tell me when my scan is, cant wait to have a scan :)

It must feel so surreal to see your little baby on a screen!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Jilly0212

Hi all congrats on your pregnancies. I found out on the 23rd of December that i was pregnant and even though we were trying it was still a bit of a shock to us. We had only been trying 3 months and thought it would take longer coz i was on the Implanon implant and then onto the pill straight after. I'm due the 27th of August and have my 1st appointment with Holles Street on the 28th of Feb but seeing the other posts here i dont think i can wait till i'm 21 weeks for a scan i'd have one tomorrow if i could lol. Does anybody know how much a scan is privately? I'm really nervous coz i have all these what if's going through my head so will be happy when i hear a heartbeat!

It must feel so surreal to see your little baby on a screen!!!

Ah i can't wait to see it, i know ill prob cry must be the best feeling ever x

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Grapefruit Moon

Hi all,
    It's great to have so many people all going through the same thing, esp as a lot of us seem to be first time mums. Scary but exciting times!
    We're going to do the domino scheme with holles st, have first appt 8th feb and not really sure what to expect tbh. My sister in law went semi-private first time round and then the domino scheme 2nd time and she highly recommends the domino scheme so fingers crossed. Have booked a private scan with mt carmel (€95) for 2 weeks time, I'll only be 10 wks then but just couldn't wait any longer! I got a bit worried last week as I had really bad nausea for one day and then it just went away, the need to pee during the night reduced too. So at the min I just have some indigestion, not much of an appetite and occasional bouts of nausea, anyone else had symptoms come and go?? Still have a lot of tiredness and yesterday I felt like a teenager again with crazy emotions all over the place!
    Haven't had anything to suggest a m/c so am just going to be positive that all is well and hopefully that will all be confirmed at the scan.
    Anyone going to go see this?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlIp5COqqGM

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Hi Grapefruit Moon,

I'm the same with the symptoms, had pretty bad nausea from about week 6, but now (week 10) its almost gone! Still have the sore boobs though :rolleyes:
    I wouldn't be too worried about your nausea disappearing, every pregnancy is different and some women are lucky enough not to have any morning sickness!

im the same i have good days and bad days, boobs are the only thing that have not let up at all they are sore all the time,

im so glad to have so many other 1st time mams here, its one of the most exciting times ever,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Same as...good days and bad! I get up in the morning feeling great(well, grand!) Give it half an hour or so, I feel as sick as a small hospital, annoying thing is I can not actually get sick so no relief!! Boobs are killing me 24/7 but yes one of the most exciting times ever so that cancels out the rest!!(kind of ha ha!)

I havent had any symptoms yet. Think Im 7 weeks and no nausea and boobs feel fine. Bit worrying but maybe ill be plagued later on!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 BlueDress

I havent had any symptoms yet. Think Im 7 weeks and no nausea and boobs feel fine. Bit worrying but maybe ill be plagued later on!! :eek:

Same here. I'm week 7 now and had slight nausea in week 5, and the boobs are sore from time to time and definitely big enough to need a new bra, but other then that I have had no symptoms yet. I think I've put on weight, not on the scales but I feel chunkier, but that may also be Christmas indulgence.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 scunners

I'm the same as well with sickness and tiredness - good days and bad, which i wasn't expecting -somehow i thought you either got it bad or not at all, but what did i know! I had a week when all my symptoms went away and I got myself all worried, but then it all kicked in again anyway.
    Congrats mummytobe and jilly!
    Jilly - I've just asked Holles street about private scans and they said they are linked to Merrion Fetal Health, which is private and does early scans for 90 to 120 euro. I'm thinking i might go with them for around the 11 week mark, as they said if there are any problems they refer you to the holles street people, who will be looking after you anyway. But there are literally loads of places, so you can take your pick!
    It's great to hear how everyone's doing - keep in touch girls!!

hi ladies i hope ye are all doing ok today ?

finally got my 1st bloods taken today after 4 different appointments, nurses and docs, fair had myself worked up going in there today but thank god its done now,

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭laura.

lol Betsie, i got all mine done yesterday also, and moved my due date forward another day, due now 31st july, but I think i will say in August one as ye are all so nice :D Did they check you for baby's heartbeat? She told me that they normally dont find it till 12-14weeks, but she checked anyway....well after that experience i now have no fear of sleeping on my belly lol, you would think she was excavating a hole. still soooo nauseous, and today is the first day i would say that my boobs have been really sore, they have been tender on and off, but today they are like rocks lol. Hope you are all feeling ok x

Hey just wondering how long you were all waiting to hear back from the hospital about your first appointment?
    Sent my letter off to the Coombe 3 weeks ago and still haven't heard anything. I know it probably got delayed getting there with the xmas post but I'm still so anxious to find out, I'm like a little child running down to check the post every morning, I can't wait to find out! :p

When i was at my gps yesterday i asked the receptionist just to see when should i hear from the hospital/clinic as had not heard, she rang the hospital for me and it turned out that the doc had put my old address on the letter, so i now have my 1st clinic appointment tomorrow morning, don't know what to expect really, my oh is after taking the morning off to come with me, will i find out tomorrow when my scan is etc? Sorry mad for my scan can't wait to see the little one x

Ok I need to ask a stupid question, why are people getting their bloods taken? Is this routine? The only thing I did when I went to the gp was a preg test, she gave me info on what to do next, I signed up for the domino scheme and will have my first appt with them when I'm 12 weeks. Am I missing something?!
    Had a bit of a panic cos I feel fine today, no nausea, tiredness seems to be lifting, so apart from a bit of a reduced appetite, a bit of tiredness and a bit of a belly starting to grow I've no other symptoms really. So am trying to assume I'm one of the lucky ones having an easy pregnancy but there's always a niggling worry at the back of my mind, I dont think I'll be able to fully accept I'm def pregnant and allow myself be happy about it until I hear a heartbeat. Does anyone else feel like this or am I being stupid/paranoid??! We've a scan booked for sat wk, I'll be 10 weeks then but am so tempted to try and move it forward to this weekend, mmm

At my very 1st appointment all i done was a pregnancy test too, my bp was slightly high so had to go back to the nurse a week later and it was her that said it to me about bloods,

• Advertisement

Ok I need to ask a stupid question, why are people getting their bloods taken? Is this routine? The only thing I did when I went to the gp was a preg test, she gave me info on what to do next, I signed up for the domino scheme and will have my first appt with them when I'm 12 weeks. Am I missing something?!
    Had a bit of a panic cos I feel fine today, no nausea, tiredness seems to be lifting, so apart from a bit of a reduced appetite, a bit of tiredness and a bit of a belly starting to grow I've no other symptoms really. So am trying to assume I'm one of the lucky ones having an easy pregnancy but there's always a niggling worry at the back of my mind, I dont think I'll be able to fully accept I'm def pregnant and allow myself be happy about it until I hear a heartbeat. Does anyone else feel like this or am I being stupid/paranoid??! We've a scan booked for sat wk, I'll be 10 weeks then but am so tempted to try and move it forward to this weekend, mmm

Don't think you're missing anything grapefruit moon, I haven't had bloods done either and presuming I won't till first domino appointment - just had BP done at GP (and breast and abdominal check, for some reason, that's another story...). Hang in there! I'm sure everything's just fine and you'll feel much better after your scan. Let us know how it goes :)

0ctober wrote: »
    Hey just wondering how long you were all waiting to hear back from the hospital about your first appointment?
    Sent my letter off to the Coombe 3 weeks ago and still haven't heard anything. I know it probably got delayed getting there with the xmas post but I'm still so anxious to find out, I'm like a little child running down to check the post every morning, I can't wait to find out! :p
    Hi October - Im with Holles street but they do it over the phone. I rang their booking in number and got an appointment immediately over the phone for outpatient midwives, then the info came in the post. I then switched to the community midwives and they took a good while to get back to me cos of the christmas disruption, i was the same - staring at the phone and waiting for the post! Hopefully you'll hear soon

scunners wrote: »
    Don't think you're missing anything grapefruit moon, I haven't had bloods done either and presuming I won't till first domino appointment - just had BP done at GP (and breast and abdominal check, for some reason, that's another story...). Hang in there! I'm sure everything's just fine and you'll feel much better after your scan. Let us know how it goes :)

Thanks scunners, I don't know why I'm letting anxiety get the better of me, spos irrational emtions are a typical/good sign?! How about you, are you going to get an early scan done?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Mola1

Hi girls, had my first docs appointment today, going by my dates id be due 31st august,last period was on 25th nov makin me just over 6wks but doctor give me a date of 3rd sept but she also said im around 6 and half weeks.. Im slightly confused as one of us has worked it out wrong? On another.note im starting to recognise a few signs from my last pregnancy,slight nausea and headaches but nothing major. Im abit.annoyed though because an ongoing lung infection is back and im on antibiotics and have bloods to get done next week. Last thing I need now!

scunners wrote: »
    Hi October - Im with Holles street but they do it over the phone. I rang their booking in number and got an appointment immediately over the phone for outpatient midwives, then the info came in the post. I then switched to the community midwives and they took a good while to get back to me cos of the christmas disruption, i was the same - staring at the phone and waiting for the post! Hopefully you'll hear soon

Thanks, I think I might ring tomorrow just to see, it'll be typical now that the letter will arrive on Thursday! Oh well, I'm pregnant, we're allowed be a little bit nutty about things!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 zebra12345

Hi all,
    I'm new to all this, so far have just been reading, but I'm getting so frustrated that I can't tell anyone yet! So glad to see everyone's just as nervous as I am :) Today, I'm 7 weeks 3 days and just dying for time to go faster! Had a bit of a scare last week so due in on Monday for a scan,can't wait!
    Does everybody have sore boobs?? Think mine are slightly bigger, but I have no tenderness at all. Although I have been plagued with morning sickness since week 4!

Congrats to everybody, it's nice to hear how everyone's getting on :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Julie London

Hi All,
    Im 7 weeks 5 days. And what an eventful time I started bleeding in New years eve, and bled for 6 days. Doctor advised I had miscarriage ( I have had a miscarriage before) and I was sure I had myself. But i rested in bed for a week anyway just in case. Went to Regional in Limerick last Thursday and low and behold they found a heartbeat! The bleeding has stopped. Unbeliveable! This is our second child. Our little girl will be age 2 and 11 months when the new arrival comes. I feel so guilty in case she feels left out. Hormones!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭laura.

That is amazing Julie, but what a fright for you. Glad everything is ok now though. I know what you mean about guilt, have a 7 year old and although I think she is the best little girl, she won't help but feel a little put out when new baby arrives, it will all be part of the process I think. We will just have to keep reassuring them, and ask them to help us get nappy's, hand us the bottle etc etc just so they feel invovled. If they think they are helping mammy, they will be like little old women :) time for you to stop stressing and relax x. Hope all you ladies are well today, Congratulations and welcome to the newcomers :)

Hi ladies

hope all is well, had my 1st clinic appointment this morning, all went well the scanner they normally use wasn't working :-( but they had a small portable one so at least got to see baby and the heart beat :-) doc thinks my dates are wrong though as in thought i was 11 weeks tomorrow but he thinks Im only 8.5 weeks going to clonmel on the 2nd of Feb for my dating scan so don't really know much more then that, all i know is one baby and a heart beat :-)

• Advertisement

Hi All,
    Im 7 weeks 5 days. And what an eventful time I started bleeding in New years eve, and bled for 6 days. Doctor advised I had miscarriage ( I have had a miscarriage before) and I was sure I had myself. But i rested in bed for a week anyway just in case. Went to Regional in Limerick last Thursday and low and behold they found a heartbeat! The bleeding has stopped. Unbeliveable! This is our second child. Our little girl will be age 2 and 11 months when the new arrival comes. I feel so guilty in case she feels left out. Hormones!

Oh my god Julie, I can only imagine what an awful and frightening time that must have been for you, you poor thing. But thats amazing news that your wee baby hung in there, talk about resilience! Make sure you take care of yourself now. You're wee girl might be a bit put out at the start but having a brother or sister will more than make up for that I'm sure xx

Advertisement