Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Player/BBC iPlayer/4OD et al

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭padair

donmeister wrote: »
    Just create a new user, then create a new PSN account then select UK instead of Ireland for country. Once thats all done sign into your new account and 4oD should be there were RTE player was.
    Knave tried this and I am getting a polio saying that programs are only available in the UK. Any tips ?

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Hi folks
    I'm a newbie
    Just got a ps3 yesterday 2nd hand and it's got RTE player in the tv section already, I'm just wondering how do I get 4oD?

Also I know we can't get bbciplayer in Ireland but if I signed up to PSN using a British address would I be able to get the iplayer? Also is there any other tv players on the ps3

Thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Hi folks
    I'm a newbie
    Just got a ps3 yesterday 2nd hand and it's got RTE player in the tv section already, I'm just wondering how do I get 4oD?

You can get 4od by making a UK account.
    Also I know we can't get bbciplayer in Ireland but if I signed up to PSN using a British address would I be able to get the iplayer? Also is there any other tv players on the ps3

Thanks

You can't get the iplayer without an UK ip address.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Hi folks
    I'm a newbie

Thanks

you can get 4od by going on it from the web browser just save it into your favourites and its almost as easy getting to it than clicking on it on the XMB :P

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭dellWlan

Rte player now has a live tv link on website anyone know if it's coming to ps3 version?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭kristok 2

Don't see the point of setting up a uk account when 4od is only one we can watch and that's easy to get to in browser on ps3.channel4.com

Any other reasons for uk account ?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 BoboDub

is there any way to watch 4od on ps3 in irelamd without setting up a uk account?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

BoboDub wrote: »
    is there any way to watch 4od on ps3 in irelamd without setting up a uk account?
    MarkY91 wrote: »
    you can get 4od by going on it from the web browser just save it into your favourites and its almost as easy getting to it than clicking on it on the XMB :P

• Registered Users Posts: 41 BoboDub

doesnt work for ne - when I go to the stadard link it says I need to upgrade flash (when I click to upgrade it says I have the latest version) and when I try the ps3.channel4.com it autodirects to homepage telling me I need to use the 4od ps3 app, which I can't get on psn ireland :(

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭kristok 2

BoboDub wrote: »
    doesnt work for ne - when I go to the stadard link it says I need to upgrade flash (when I click to upgrade it says I have the latest version) and when I try the ps3.channel4.com it autodirects to homepage telling me I need to use the 4od ps3 app, which I can't get on psn ireland :(

Would take you 2 min to set up a uk account to download the app then switch back to your normal profile and use the app

• Advertisement
Advertisement