Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nexus 5 white for 311euro or black for 318euro delivered

• 30-08-2014 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

From hotukdeals
    Amazon spain
    Nexus 5 16Gb white (303 for phone and 8 for delivery to ireland)for 311euro or black for 318euro delivered.
    Pajoe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭banham

is it refurbished or new?

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

They're new. Amazon Spain have had them cheaper than UK for a while now

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Waesfjord

• Registered Users Posts: 19 derekdooom

I think most of the cheaper (sub £240) options are fulfilled by companies in Hong Kong so you wind up paying import duty and possibly waiting several weeks for delivery. Almost bought one from 'Simply Electronics' until I saw the small print.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Figured I would post this here;

€80 off a Nexus 5 when you buy a LG G Watch at the same time.

So the lot (16gb) for €468 excl. shipping.

9a98a39b73.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭mcw92

I wouldn't go buying the nexus 5 atm if in honest. I think it was around September last year when googled discounted the nexus 4 to make way for the 5.
    I bought mine the 19th September, and it had already been on sale for a week plus.
    Later sold the nexus 4 and bought a nexus 5, which im still using. There a wonderful phone.

So if they do have a 6 coming out, I'm sure they will do the same this year.

Btw the discounted price was £199 for the 16gb. Down from £299 I think it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

mcw92 wrote: »
    I wouldn't go buying the nexus 5 atm if in honest. I think it was around September last year when googled discounted the nexus 4 to make way for the 5.
    I bought mine the 19th September, and it had already been on sale for a week plus.
    Later sold the nexus 4 and bought a nexus 5, which im still using. There a wonderful phone.

So if they do have a 6 coming out, I'm sure they will do the same this year.

Btw the discounted price was £199 for the 16gb. Down from £299 I think it was.

Good point. Im planning on selling my iPhone and getting a Nexus 5 but I'm gonna hold off five or six weeks as an announcement about the Nexus 6 is likely on the way and when it comes the 5 will naturally decrease in price, just like you said it did last year.

Im actually looking forward to moving away from iOS, I sold my iPad at the weekend and will pick up a Nexus 10 to replace it in the next few weeks too. I got really tired of Apple not supporting flash and with that and the realisation that the Nexus is just as good as an iPhone I reckon its a good time to switch to Android from iOS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Im actually looking forward to moving away from iOS, I sold my iPad at the weekend and will pick up a Nexus 10 to replace it in the next few weeks too. I got really tired of Apple not supporting flash and with that and the realisation that the Nexus is just as good as an iPhone I reckon its a good time to switch to Android from iOS

Flash isn't supported on Android anymore either. You have to do a bit of fiddling and download a 3rd party browser to get it working.

Advertisement