Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Energia dual rate [18% off Elec & 17% off of Gas]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Jesper

Hi Saint_Mel if you send on your contact details through Private Message we can get a member of our team to contact you to resolve your problem.

Hi Energia Rep, If you PM me I would be interested in seeing what Energia can offer in comparison to the other suppliers. I need to get electricity connected and set up an Electric and Gas bill. I was expecting a call from the ESB today to arrange for a connection tomorrow but no one has contacted me yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭konline

Thanks for the good deal.

Do you know how soon we will receive the confirmation email after signing up?
    I have signed up 15 min ago but still no sign of confirmation email.
    Thnaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

Energia login to website & accounts area/section of website really really slow!!:mad:

Having no issues with any other site just Energia.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

if my contract with electric ireland ends on sept 30th, can i sign up on 30th sept to energia or do have to wait until october 1st?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

if my contract with electric ireland ends on sept 30th, can i sign up on 30th sept to energia or do have to wait until october 1st?

Sign up on 30th to get the promo code discount. It won't take effect for a few days - so there should be no problem with Elec Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭romperstomper

just wondering if others have had the same problem signing up as me. have tried by web and by phone. after all details have been supplied the message i get back is 'outstanding works scheduled on your premises'. i ring bord gais networks to see what the story is and im told that there is no work due and that im the 100th person to experience that issue with energia. simply put it needs sorting with energia. will have to go to a more expensive option now. really annoyed

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

There are a few weeks for the account to transfer over so I'd allow for 4-5 days overlap between signing up and closing with electric ireland.

Remember to cancel your direct debits with electric ireland and also cancel them at the bank so elec ireland can't take money out "claiming" they never got notice about the direct debit cancelletion.

This happened to me with Bord Gais: I told them to stop the direct debit 2 weeks ago, 1 week ago I closed the direct debit in my bank, yesterday I got a letter in the post from Bord Gais saying they tried to take a direct debit but got refused by my bank.

Duh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

mrcheez wrote: »
    There are a few weeks for the account to transfer over so I'd allow for 4-5 days overlap between signing up and closing with electric ireland.

Remember to cancel your direct debits with electric ireland and also cancel them at the bank so elec ireland can't take money out "claiming" they never got notice about the direct debit cancelletion.

This happened to me with Bord Gais: I told them to stop the direct debit 2 weeks ago, 1 week ago I closed the direct debit in my bank, yesterday I got a letter in the post from Bord Gais saying they tried to take a direct debit but got refused by my bank.

Duh!

But sometimes you may owe them for a few days/weeks - so they need to be able to take that. If they take too much it's easy enough to get it back.

Ogham wrote: »
    But sometimes you may owe them for a few days/weeks - so they need to be able to take that. If they take too much it's easy enough to get it back.

I'd rather pay off the balance separately. The direct debit would have been a lot more than the balance I'm due to pay so there is a hassle of having to ring up and wait weeks to claim back overcharged amounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Really Energia - Five separate letters after signing up?

322629.jpg

Do you think you could send somebody over to read and respond to these letters. I'm not sure I have time for this. How about you cut out the five letters and send me one email (to the address I gave you during registration) instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,249 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Hi folks

The best way to compare your usage and find the best deal for you is on Bonkers or Uswitch. We're not allowed to use this forum to promote our offers but you'll see the results for yourselves on the comparison websites.

The reason unit rates are usually quoted ex VAT is because that's how they appear on your bill and then VAT is added after.

but it illegal for companies to display prices to domestic ustomer without the VAT content.

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1973/en/si/0009.html

Under the Tax Inclusive Order 1973 costs of all consumer products and services must be VAT inclusive. If any business fails to display their prices as the law dictates, the National Consumer Agency can investigate this matter. Products sold in the course of a business intended for commercial customers such as "Trade Only" are allowed show prices that exclude the VAT element.

Energia Rep,

When entering meter readings you do not allow decimal points? you need to change yous site to allow people enter the meter readings that appear on their bills

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

ted1 wrote: »
    Energia Rep,

When entering meter readings you do not allow decimal points? you need to change yous site to allow people enter the meter readings that appear on their bills

The bills do not show the decimal points, whole numbers only.

The bills do not show the decimal points, whole numbers only.

Meters do show decimals. There's room for error as a result. Good web development would let the user enter decimals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Meters do show decimals. There's room for error as a result. Good web development would let the user enter decimals

:eek: They're still going to estimate the period between your reading and the moment of billing so whats the point of having a 100% accurate reading, plus by the time you've typed it into the website its probably changed anyway. If you're getting stressed out about this I can imagine what your sock drawer looks like.

moodrater wrote: »
    :eek: They're still going to estimate the period between your reading and the moment of billing so whats the point of having a 100% accurate reading, plus by the time you've typed it into the website its probably changed anyway. If you're getting stressed out about this I can imagine what your sock drawer looks like.

Estimates are fine, but some people may enter exactly as the meter shows including the decimal numbers some may not so the readings people submit will be wrong by a factor of up to 1000.

But if billing (all companies) does not use decimals what's the point the website capturing it?

Estimates are fine, but some people may enter exactly as the meter shows including the decimal numbers some may not so the readings people submit will be wrong by a factor of up to 1000.

Nonsense. Every company shows how to read the meter on their site.

They've even got a red marker on the meter to indicate the last digit?

Nonsense. Every company shows how to read the meter on their site.

They've even got a red marker on the meter to indicate the last digit?

It's not nonsense I work in the are and people are idiots, you need to design things that rule out the possibility of errors allowing decimal points those this.

Why enter the decimal number? If the value reads 7745.89 just enter 7745

Always round down, there's no assumption that the number has to be rounded up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tails142

I see they are now offering 15% discount on gas and electricity with a €50 cash back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

ENER16 will give you 17% off elec and 16% off gas.
    Not sure if you still get €50 cash back if you use this code (but I think you do).

Edit: as someone already posted on page 2, ENER17 works as well and gives 18% off elec and 17% off gas.
    Now I doubt if you'll still get the cash back on top of that...

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭domel

I wonder I switched online on 3/11/2013 but whole switching process took another few days, from what date is my contract date counting?

domel wrote: »
    I wonder I switched online on 3/11/2013 but whole switching process took another few days, from what date is my contract date counting?

You are charged starting from the meter reading you put in when u switched.

Contract is immediate afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 mazdaroy

mrcheez wrote: »
    You are charged starting from the meter reading you put in when u switched.

Contract is immediate afaik.

The meter read used to start your contract is the one on the registration, the date used to start your contract and standing charges is normally the day the previous supplier gets told of the move, 10 working days later due to the cooling off period.

So it may seem you are getting charged for a period of 10 days but your not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

flyguy wrote: »
    ENER16 will give you 17% off elec and 16% off gas.
    Not sure if you still get €50 cash back if you use this code (but I think you do).

Edit: as someone already posted on page 2, ENER17 works as well and gives 18% off elec and 17% off gas.
    Now I doubt if you'll still get the cash back on top of that...

does anyone know if both the discount and cashback work together?
    thinking of signing up. in short, it is the best out there isnt it??

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

guile4582 wrote: »
    does anyone know if both the discount and cashback work together?
    thinking of signing up. in short, it is the best out there isnt it??

I signed up last week using the code for 18% & 17% off and I got an email a few days later saying that I was entitled to €50 off my first bill in 2015 - copied it below.

You have chosen our SmartChoice Dual Fuel Price Plan so you can now save up to 17% off gas and 18% off electricity on your bill. Not only that but we'll also give you €50 cash back on your first bill of 2015.

Dayam... late bird catches the worm ... or something

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

mazdaroy wrote: »
    The meter read used to start your contract is the one on the registration, the date used to start your contract and standing charges is normally the day the previous supplier gets told of the move, 10 working days later due to the cooling off period.

So it may seem you are getting charged for a period of 10 days but your not.

well in my case I signed up on the 1st October and gave a meter reading but got charged until the 17th of October by Electric Ireland as that was the date of the final bill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 mazdaroy

well in my case I signed up on the 1st October and gave a meter reading but got charged until the 17th of October by Electric Ireland as that was the date of the final bill.

And to which read did EI bill you up to? The one taken on the 1st October? (the one used to register with Energia).

Advertisement