Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Going to America ?? HELP!!!

• 11-04-2011 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hey guys
    I've wanted to go to America for a summer for about three years however I was working while I was in college and I didn't want to leave my job. I'm finished college now and my job has very little hours so I decided I would go to America this summer. Unfortunately I've just found out this evening that the program I applied to do (working in a summer camp) can't take me as I don't have enough experience annd they had lots of applicants with lots of experience. :mad::mad: They had promised me a place and said I could go do some other job even if I didnt get the camp. However they forgot I'm not eligible for the J1 as I'm not a student. :mad: So a lot of the places wouldnt work for me. I'm not looking for au pairing as I dont want to live in that situation and I dont have a full drivers licence which I believe puts me at a disadvantage.So my only option seems to be going on a 12 month program or internship but I wasn't really prepared for that. Does anyone have any advice for me please, I need to make some decisions fast! Staying in Ireland is not really an option, I'd rather poke my eyes out. :mad: Has anyone done the 12 month program or internships? If so what should I expect? What would I need to do? I only found out this evening so my head's all over the place and I really don't know what to do. I
    Thanks guys :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,268 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I see you've found the correct forum so I'm going to close this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement