Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lair Caek! 5 Layers of deliciousness! Dedicated to Mr Wolf!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Beanie (my boyfriend's dad) kept falling out of his bed too, used to drive him bananas because he'd have to call either myself or my boyfriend to help him up and he hated having to rely on us like that.

I've seen you post in a couple of threads about your bf's dad. Your posts are always so heartfelt, it's actually really nice to see that there are caring people like yourself and your bf left in the world. :)

That must have been so difficult for him though. I suppose there's one good thing about her mind going - she doesn't actually realise that she can't do things on her own so it can't really upset her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    I've seen you post in a couple of threads about your bf's dad. Your posts are always so heartfelt, it's actually really nice to see that there are caring people like yourself and your bf left in the world. :)

That must have been so difficult for him though. I suppose there's one good thing about her mind going - she doesn't actually realise that she can't do things on her own so it can't really upset her.

Ah sure he was a legend himself. He did so much for the both of us, it was the least we could do.

Yeah, that's true.

Hopefully if she does go into a home they can provide her with care that will help ease things for her. I think it's a lot harder for untrained people to care for someone who is mentally unwell rather than physically unwell.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

My nanny had Alzheimers too, runs in the family. I loved her so much though, she died when I was 10 but had lived in our house my whole life with my grandad too. I loved having them with us! They were such great characters, and great people too :) So hard when she got sick though.

Ugh I'm trying to decide what I want to do with my life next year >_< Stress!!

Ah sure he was a legend himself. He did so much for the both of us, it was the least we could do.

Yeah, that's true.

Hopefully if she does go into a home they can provide her with care that will help ease things for her. I think it's a lot harder for untrained people to care for someone who is mentally unwell rather than physically unwell.

:)

Yeah it was okay at the beginning because forgetting things was the extent of it but things have gotten more difficult now. It's sad to think we can't keep her in her own house but it's hard to manage her. That's the way things go I suppose.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Hey in here people

• Advertisement

Hey wolfie :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Howdy Jane. Pardon me , I need more painkillers

Howdy Jane. Pardon me , I need more painkillers

Painkillers for what??

Toffee Pops are yummy. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Share please? :)

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Share please? :)

Only had 2 and scoffed them both... :o

• Advertisement

Next time I'll have to be quicker asking :D

How are you this evening?

Feel better soon wolfie!

Painkillers for what??

Toffee Pops are yummy. :D
    I kinda slammed a large box into my shoulder at work last night. Not a pleasant feeling

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Next time I'll have to be quicker asking :D

How are you this evening?

Yes you will.. :p

I'm good tonight. How about yourself Lee?

Ouch that sounds horrible, hope you're okay Wolfie. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Hey all. What's up Wolfie?

Yes you will.. :p

Ouch that sounds horrible, hope you're okay Wolfie. :)
    Not a pleasant sensation
    KKkitty wrote: »
    Hey all. What's up Wolfie?
    Recovering from a minor injury

Holed up in bed, it's kinda chilly :p

Hiya KKKitty, hope all's well :)

I'm really tired for some reason. Might read a couple of chapters of Catching Fire. I feel like I'm never going to finish it! :rolleyes:

Hi KKkitty. :)

Get better soon Wolfie :) I am well thanks. Been super tired all day with the dull weather. Right I'm just putting this notion out there but can we all just pray for the Flancer Ball to come back for a while :D

Shoulder slowly improving

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Prof started class by briefing us on the final exam, "tonight's lecture will not be examined ". My brain checked out anyway! Getting loads of other work done at least :pac:

• Advertisement

Take it easy Wolfie. Do you have to work later?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Just watched The Dictator. Fairly funny but about 30 minutes from the end I just kind of stopped paying attention to it because I felt like they were dragging it out and I was getting bored. Worth a watch though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

Evening gang

KKkitty wrote: »
    Take it easy Wolfie. Do you have to work later?
    Sadly, yes I do
    Just watched The Dictator. Fairly funny but about 30 minutes from the end I just kind of stopped paying attention to it because I felt like they were dragging it out and I was getting bored. Worth a watch though
    may wait for it to come out on dvd then
    jammstarr wrote: »
    Evening gang
    hey starr

Wolfman *nods*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Evening gang :)

Hiya cdc

Apparently Kanye West was in Portlaoise of all places earlier tonight. :confused::confused::confused:

I've been thinking about learning to swim. Pool in Portlaoise does beginner adult lessons - 6 half hour sessions for €54, is that good value? I don't know the first thing about swimming and I wear glasses too so that would probably be a bit of an obstacle.

I know you can get swim goggles with your prescription if necessary Jane

• Advertisement

Evening gang :)

Confused. *tips hat*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement