Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Strava Boards.ie Club

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Jawgap wrote: »
    He should only be allowed to join if he can provide a list of 10 hills (decent ones!) that he has not climbed - and, if he is willing to promise to stay away from those hills:)
    You'll have to try a bit harder on this segment Jawgap - may not be a major climb, and he clearly wasn't trying as he's only in 4th place;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Beasty wrote: »
    You'll have to try a bit harder on this segment Jawgap - may not be a major climb, and he clearly wasn't trying as he's only in 4th place;)

Ah, but that's some serious talent he's lagging behind! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

32k vs 113k. Hmmmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

daragh_ wrote: »
    32k vs 113k. Hmmmm.

I'll add a few more mmmmmmmm's to that hmmmmm......

Leader on that segment:
    Elapsed Time00:11:44
    Resting Time00:00:00

Young master Sherlock
    Elapsed Time00:12:01
    Resting Time00:01:28

Only 17 seconds behind with a 1:28 break.......

There's leaders and there's leaders:):):)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Ahemmmmmmmmmm!!!!

Resting time is on top of elapsed time (isn't it?????:o) - he needed a rest to do that time - the leader did it all in one go ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Ahemmmmmmmmmm!!!!

Resting time is on top of elapsed time (isn't it?????:o) - he needed a rest to do that time - the leader did it all in one go ...

Jeeeez........if you could pedal forwards as well as you back pedal you'd be a flyer.....:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Ahemmmmmmmmmm!!!!

It is when measuring just a spin but when it extracts climbs etc. it does not take out resting time (well it doesn't for me anyway), but fair point on the resting, can make it alot easier of your allowed take a break in the middle. No fun though.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭ryan_sherlock

Just need to get Ryan to join now - he'll probably just about double the team stats ... (and if you're reading from sunny Spain Ryan, you can be in more than one Club on Strava;))

Ahh, sure I'll join.

Interesting chatting to some folks lately - some guys (quick guys) are still cagey about putting their training online. Lots of Pro quys less so - in the end, you gotta do the training...

It was cool in Calpe - lots of Pro Tour teams in the area. BMC guys doing lactate analysis testing on the first part of the Col de Rats... Marco Pinotti was there doing it (still got a quicker time :P). Did a reasonably quick spin up the full climb - Gilbert was my rabbit... that was fun :)

Marco's ride: http://app.strava.com/rides/3439039
    The LA test segment: http://app.strava.com/rides/3439039#61757685

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭michael196

Jawgap wrote: »
    He's over a thousand miles behind the leader - do we want a loser like that on our team:D

Plus, I'm fed up doing hills, getting home all proud with myself, loading my data on strava and then finding he's been there already and recorded a time that I'd need to use my car to beat.

He should only be allowed to join if he can provide a list of 10 hills (decent ones!) that he has not climbed - and, if he is willing to promise to stay away from those hills:)

Heres the hens teeth......I found a hill that I am ahead of ryan on !!!!

check it out !!!!

http://app.strava.com/activities/3503568#63178997

must have ben a strong wind that day I went up there !!!!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

1st on Bearna Way by one second, time to aim for sub 40.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

I'm in, I began my strava career with a ride in the dark, cold and rain with a flat front tyre, but the only way is up I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,469 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Can you not see club stats / comparisons any more, now that the KOM is gone?

TBH I'm not bothered so much with Strava anymore, other than segments it's worse in every way than Garmin Connect now.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

Can you not see club stats / comparisons any more, now that the KOM is gone?

TBH I'm not bothered so much with Strava anymore, other than segments it's worse in every way than Garmin Connect now.

Unfortunately not, I'm up to 401miles, not too shabby for January and I'm definitely doing more because of the challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

WTF????

http://app.strava.com/rides/2832571

Also on the ride...................you've guessed it........Ryan Sherlock (is he being cloned multiple times?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

Shame they aren't including Jan 1st to the 6th. Will have to head out tomorrow and sunday to bring up the total.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭seve65

jimm wrote: »
    WTF????

http://app.strava.com/rides/2832571

Also on the ride...................you've guessed it........Ryan Sherlock (is he being cloned multiple times?)

yea wtf, not because of the plane ride, but 2.2KM @ 9% av speed 17.6kmph, these guys are very good.

app.strava.com/rides/2832571#48967038

• Registered Users Posts: 24,469 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

rocstar wrote: »
    Shame they aren't including Jan 1st to the 6th. Will have to head out tomorrow and sunday to bring up the total.

yeah it's annoying all right...

Anyone get their badge for KOM yet?

seve65 wrote: »
    yea wtf, not because of the plane ride, but 2.2KM @ 9% av speed 17.6kmph, these guys are very good.

app.strava.com/rides/2832571#48967038

Yeah - that was the Richmond GP we did. I guess he didn't restart his garmin before going to the Oz. I'll drop him a message - strava allows you to split activities.

That climb was STEEP in sections - flattened out for a chunk to bring it back down to 9%.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Toughest climb in Ireland :cool: !!
    Come on folks, ye gotta try it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭vistafinder

Anybody any idea what to do about an uploaded ride not appearing on dashboard. Its after just vanishing but todays uploaded normal. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

Anybody any idea what to do about an uploaded ride not appearing on dashboard. Its after just vanishing but todays uploaded normal. Thanks

Dunno if you already do but you could try uploading from my computer > garmin 500 > activities > recent cycle i.e. date.
    This is also much faster than uploading the normal way.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭vistafinder

Cheers Dubba for the tip I tried it your way and it comes up as being processed hilighted in red. It uploaded to Garmin conect fine. Realy anoying thats 80k gone missing.

And the january base mile challenge winner clocked up over 3000 miles, seems hes training for the RAAM (race across america ?) next year.

Interesting related story of cyclist doing 75000 miles in a year:
    http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest/531582/tommy-godwin-75-065-miles-in-a-year.html
    :eek:

Anyone know when will the next challenge be set?

Anyone know when will the next challenge be set?

here it is, the specialized climbing challenge, starts 15th March

http://app.strava.com/challenges/specialized-classic

Here is a nice little ranking page for within the Boards.ie club:
    http://cosmocatalano.com/strava/club_leaders/329/

(I saw it in relation to another club - the Wattage List - but I thought it would interest a few)

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭superlav

Great site Ryan,

http://cosmocatalano.com/strava/

I see they also have a tool to export GPX and TCX files from other users rides, or even specific segments of a ride, so you can compete against the KOM time using virutal partner.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Iwernia

What a class site, great find.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭bbolger

For the Swords members, I've added one here:

Swords Strava leaderboard

• Advertisement

Thanks for that Ryan, another guilt tool......

Prob be the only time my name will appear on a leaders board with most of ye

Advertisement