Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

My nearly 3 year old on teh bus today,pointed to the poster with the person holding the rail.Hes in his pram but gets his straps off and tries to stand up and hold the rail.Ah it was so cute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

My four month old has decided he's finally ready to show off his rolling skillz in public.

Up til now, it's been a thing where I leave the room for a minute, with him on his back, I come back and he's on his tummy. Yet I'll sit with him for hours on end, with toys and flashy lights and all kinds of distractions, and I can't get him to roll over in front of me.

Today, he did it around ten times in front of us! With no encouragement or prompting! It's like he was perfecting it in private so he'd be ready to show off! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I was out trimming my mam's hedge with a shears earlier, himself got cranky indoors so I told my mam to bring him out. She sat him in his car seat where he could watch me. Snipping away, when behind me I hear peals and screams of giggles. By the time I finished, the poor lad looked in pain with laughing. Who knew garden maintenance was so funny?!
    My four month old has decided he's finally ready to show off his rolling skillz in public.

Up til now, it's been a thing where I leave the room for a minute, with him on his back, I come back and he's on his tummy. Yet I'll sit with him for hours on end, with toys and flashy lights and all kinds of distractions, and I can't get him to roll over in front of me.

Today, he did it around ten times in front of us! With no encouragement or prompting! It's like he was perfecting it in private so he'd be ready to show off! :D

Fun times ahead - you'll blink and he'll be under the TV cabinet, or chewing the end of the (plugged in) phone charger:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Oh yeah, and in the last week he's started doing the thing where if someone else is holding him, he'll reach his arms out for me. A little thing, but makes me a very proud Mama :)

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭badgerhowlin

My 6 month old is still like a sheep on its back.
    Arms and legs kicking and flying all over the place, but still on his back.
    But yesterday he got over onto his side and started to talk to the bag of spuds.......

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

My nearly 8 month old hasn't rolled yet. He's getting there. Sitting like a champ, shuffling around on his butt, but no rolling.

He's forever hugging us. He lunged across the sofa from his Dad's lap to me, and when I picked him up off his face he snuggled in close. <3

The other chap was not into hugs at all at that age.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Das Kitty wrote: »
    My nearly 8 month old hasn't rolled yet. He's getting there. Sitting like a champ, shuffling around on his butt, but no rolling.

He's forever hugging us. He lunged across the sofa from his Dad's lap to me, and when I picked him up off his face he snuggled in close. <3

The other chap was not into hugs at all at that age.

Yikes, 8 months already! Where has the time gone??

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

expecting our 2nd child.

Turn to daughter yesterday and said what's the babies name...she said baby noah..
    I asked is it a brother or a sister and she said brother..my heart melted...She's two...

today I repeated the same. what's the babies name..baby noah she replied. ..

brother or sister says I? I wanna call him ben says she...

Ben and holly was in the TV. ..

then she settles on gaston. ..so yeah.. my new baby...is called gaston. ... not so heart melty. .but amusing all the same :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Our 18 month madam says chocolate a lot, she also used to sit on her little car thingy and crash into the press where some sweets are kept. The other day she walked into kitchen very happy with herself holding something wrapped and shouting chocolate. It was one of my tampons.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

My son is in the early intervention process due to communication and speech issues. We were in my parents today and I said to him to give Nana a kiss as we were going which he did. She then told him to give granddad a kiss so he ran up the hall and into the kitchen waving and saying bye bye and when he saw he wasn't there he went into the sitting room to give him a kiss. That was a huge deal :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

CaraMay wrote: »
    My son is in the early intervention process due to communication and speech issues. We were in my parents today and I said to him to give Nana a kiss as we were going which he did. She then told him to give granddad a kiss so he ran up the hall and into the kitchen waving and saying bye bye and when he saw he wasn't there he went into the sitting room to give him a kiss. That was a huge deal :)

Yeeah caramay. He sounds like he's making lots of little leaps :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

yellow hen wrote: »
    Yeeah caramay. He sounds like he's making lots of little leaps :)

Thanks yellow hen I'm very proud. He has also learned to point :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Our fella kicks his car seat and bouncer to get'em to rock. He knows this is how it works. But yesterday, he was in his buggy kicking it expecting it to rock the same way and got upset when it wouldn't. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

L's daddy was giving him his bath last night, I came in to the bathroom and Liam said "Ma maman est belle" (my mammy is beautiful!), the OH was teaching him to say that! It made me smile!

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭PCX

My 2 yo girl was rubbing her eyes with a baby wipe last night so I asked her was she OK. She looked at me with a really serious face and replied " No. I need take my contacts out."

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

My 2.5 year old sang the entire alphabet this morning all by herself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

My 8 week old (tomorrow) slept from 7.30-12 then 12-6. He is now lyin in his cot cooing.

One very happy mammy this morning. Although stupid body clock has had me up half the night waiting for him.

Suucee wrote: »
    My 8 week old (tomorrow) slept from 7.30-12 then 12-6. He is now lyin in his cot cooing.

One very happy mammy this morning. Although stupid body clock has had me up half the night waiting for him.

It's so true about the body clock!

We've decided to cut the dreamfeed for our four-month-old (we were giving him one around midnight.) I barely slept all night, then finally at 4am I was worried he might be dehydrated when he's used to getting a dreamfeed, so I got up and gave him a feed then (even though he was sleeping perfectly!)

I'm working all day today so himself is babysitting. Because of that 4am feed, my boyfriend will probably get a lovely long sleep-in, while I'll be like a zombie all day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

We were visiting cousins today. I popped out of the room to the loo and overheard my three year old saying No Thanks to chocolate cake because she hadn't had her dinner yet! Such a good little girl!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

15 year old stepson: I'm very reliable!

Me: does that mean you're gonna make your bed every weekend when you're up?

Stepson: I take it back!

:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

My 3 yr old loves everything, 'we are going on a picnic' 'yeah I wove picernucs' 'what's a picnic?' 'I don't know'.
    'I see sheeps, I wove sheeps'
    All day, so sweet and innocent, only thing he does not like is dinner 'I don wike dinnner'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

I always get 2 year old picture books from library to help her learn new words. The latest one is an alphabet one with different picture for each letter.
    Anyway she was going through it with me A ambulance B ball etc. Got to O she points "daddy" it was an Ogre. All i could do was laugh.

• Administrators Posts: 13,746 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

3 kids started Irish Dancing last week. Last night we were all practicing and the 8 year old mastered his "1,2,3s"...

Stand aside Michael Flatley, Small Bag of Chips is up and coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

My 19 year old minded my 3 year old today.Came back from the school to be accosted by the 19 year old.I want danger money he says.I says why and he tells me the 3 year old had a big shepards pie[dirty nappy] and he had to change him.That made my day no end lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

dubstarr wrote: »
    My 19 year old minded my 3 year old today.Came back from the school to be accosted by the 19 year old.I want danger money he says.I says why and he tells me the 3 year old had a big shepards pie[dirty nappy] and he had to change him.That made my day no end lol.

When my sister was minding my son at about 6 mths she did not want to change his nappy so I arranged for her to go to a neighbor, but she was out when the time came so she asked another neighbor and bought her a bottle if wine to thank her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Chuckling watching my 3 month old put herself crosseyed trying to focus on her own hand waving in front of her face. She's like a tiny drunk person...

4 year old throws 10c into a wishing well.

"I wish all the dinosaurs would come back to life, and that there were kings and queens in Ireland again!"

Remind me never to give that kid a monkey paw.

4 year old throws 10c into a wishing well.

"I wish all the dinosaurs would come back to life, and that there were kings and queens in Ireland again!"

Remind me never to give that kid a monkey paw.

He's here eating custard, clearly still thinking about his wish.

"Do we have any weapons?"

and then a moment later.

"I've never killed before..."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

My kids met up with a few cousins today.
    Age range from 3-6. My daughter was the only girl.
    Kidswere putting on a puppet show.
    My 4yr old daughters version went like this.
    These 2 puppets 'met and and fell in love' 'it was true love so they got married'
    'Then they were married and so they hugged and kissed' '
    then they went to bed'
    'in the morning something terrible happened, they were not in love any more'
    'They talked and kissed and so then they fell in love again'

I think I need to hide her 'frozen' DVD and books.

Also my 4 yr old daughter was drinking a glass of Apple juice. My dad asked her was it whiskey? She said 'no' he asked her was she sure, she sniffed it, tasted it and said 'no this definately does not taste like whiskey'
    Grandad was weak laughing at her.

• Advertisement

He's here eating custard, clearly still thinking about his wish.

"Do we have any weapons?"

and then a moment later.

"I've never killed before..."

I know I've said this before, but I love your kid! He is actually the best!

(Well, second best after mine of course, that goes without saying! :pac: )

Advertisement