Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air Lock in taps! HELP

• 22-10-2014 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭

I have an air lock in the hot taps upstairs and the mixer tap in the kitchen. Strangely enough the hot tap in the downstairs bathroom is working fine! I've tried everything (hose pipe from one tap o another and holding mixer tap while hot and cold tap on). Anyone got any other ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭coxy123

Out of interest do you have a bath installed in upstairs bathroom and is hot tap there also air-locked. If so and you had a wet-vacum cleaner you could try suction on hot tap and see if that would draw water in - this worked for me last year when I was in similiar situation!

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Barney224

Yes, I have a bath with hot water tap not working. Unfortunately don't have a water vacuum! Good tip though.
    I've resigned myself to calling out a plumber.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭wilser

Do you have a hot valve at the washing machine? If you do open it into a bucket to hopefully remove airlock

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭coxy123

Barney224 wrote: »
    Yes, I have a bath with hot water tap not working. Unfortunately don't have a water vacuum! Good tip though.
    I've resigned myself to calling out a plumber.

Barney - you could try standard vacuum...but you need to be quick and cut tap if it flows - give it a try..but as I say be quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

I have had this before and what worked on more than one occasion was to open all the taps in the house at the same time and it fixed it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement